How many build points

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ezzler

How many build points

Post by ezzler »

I have never mastered the convoy system. I let it do what it wants. But no matter how many convoys I build it makes little difference to the build points.

I find the CW has around 25 build points a turn. Is this right?
Should they have more?

What is the 'usual' number the CW should have?

alexvand

RE: How many build points

Post by alexvand »

Usual is maxing out the factories, then multiply by the production multiple. Plus late war I have the US lend-lease some BPs to the CW.

I haven't mastered the MWiF's convoy system, but I'm usually able to max out CW production.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: ezz

I have never mastered the convoy system. I let it do what it wants. But no matter how many convoys I build it makes little difference to the build points.

I find the CW has around 25 build points a turn. Is this right?
Should they have more?

What is the 'usual' number the CW should have?

The usual check is to see what is Idle.

1 - If all your factories are producing, then the major power is at maximum.

2 - If there are idle factories, but there are zero idle resources, then that's the maximum.

3 - If there are both idle factories and idle resources, then examine those. Damaged factories can't produce. Strategic bombing can eliminate a factory's production for a turn. And it can do the same to oil resources. Then there are cases where the resource can't reach a factory. That happens in France a lot once the Germans get ZOCs on French factories, resources, and/or rail lines.

So there is no easy answer to your question - aside from #1 and #2 above.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Also check if the option for Food in Flames is on. That can give one extra BP per each of Australia, India and South Africa if a resource from them reaches the UK. I never use that option as it is quite favorable toward the Allies.

Without that option, and with enough CPs out, normally you should be building 11 BPs each turn in 1939, 17 each turn in 1940, 22 each turn in 1941, 28 each turn in 1942 and 33 each turn from then on. This could increase if you take some red factories; or if supplied Axis units are inside (even more if also making attacks inside) the UK, but you don't really want that happening.
Paul
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

paulderynck
Thanks for that.
I find idle resources impossible. If I make a change the BP just drops somewhere else. So I leave it to the computer. Which does a pretty below par job. Hopefully the new patch will fix some of that.

Now, free France?
No factories and no resources. What are we supposed to do with them ?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

paulderynck
Thanks for that.
I find idle resources impossible. If I make a change the BP just drops somewhere else. So I leave it to the computer. Which does a pretty below par job. Hopefully the new patch will fix some of that.

Now, free France?
No factories and no resources. What are we supposed to do with them ?

Lend them build points to build units with. The effect of the Free French TRS transporting CW land units in a naval action and the CW than immediately put them ashore in their land action is quite astonishing, for example...
And if the home country of Free France is Senegal, one could decide to lend build points for a factory to be build...
A nice air force might also be usefull (specially ATR to use for US/CW Para's...).
Peter
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

I never found the lent build points arrived. They were just lost.
Senegal was the home country - every turn , no res no BP, no units.

Will try again on the next game.
alexvand

Post by alexvand »

I try to give the French as many BPs as possible. Usually 2 a turn. Then build some TAC. That gives the allies a few extra air actions a turn. Most often I use them for ground strikes.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I never found the lent build points arrived. They were just lost.
Senegal was the home country - every turn , no res no BP, no units.

Will try again on the next game.
Convoys are essential to get build points to the Free French. The program will let you route (i.e., schedule) build points to the FF, even if you have no convoys available. The idea is that maybe before the end of the turn you will get some convoys out to sea that can carry the load. Note that resources get first dibs on the convoys, because build points aren't generated until AFTER resources reach factories.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”