Suprising AI resistance in southern Italy 43-45 Full campaign

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

jack54

Suprising AI resistance in southern Italy 43-45 Full campaign

Post by jack54 »

I re-started my first full Campaign 1943-45 as Allies in order to use Beta 1.01.72. Normal default settings with FOW

The German AI fought hard at the Messina ferry crossings... (Fallschirmjäger and Panzer Grenadiers) I'm easily a month behind my 'Battleground Italy' progress.

Does the AI vary it's strategy from game to game or am I seeing a difference between scenario design? BTW I'm really happy about this surprise... [:)]

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Devonport

RE: Suprising AI resistance in southern Italy 43-45 Full campaign

Post by Devonport »

I think the answer to both your questions is yes. The AI does respond differently from game to game, and the different scenarios are not only different in design, but also in resources available to both sides.
jack54

RE: Suprising AI resistance in southern Italy 43-45 Full campaign

Post by jack54 »

Thanks Devonport, that's the answer I was hoping for....
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”