AxisAllies

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

RE: AxisAllies

Post by ironduke1955 »

That's a relief Larry just posted in the Mods and Scenarios so he is about. Larry Japan is up[:)]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Missed that--notice not in Dropbox notice area but turn is there. Get it done ASAP.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Siberia a place of natural beauty but also of vast resources for the Red Army.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Germany June-July 1938

A new Triple Alliance has been formed between Spain's Franco, Germany's Hitler, and Italy' Mussolini. News of this surprising military pact has sent ripples of fear of a second Great War throughout Europe. Add in Austria's capitulation of power to the Fuehrer, and the political maneuvering of Germany and Italy has been nothing short of exceptional. But Hitler has not found victory on every front. Interloping foreign powers in Finland and Hungry have dampened some of the joy of victory. Envoys have been dispatched to both countries, and a personal meeting with Finland's Mannerheim and Hitler did not go well. Some demands from Hitler did not it well will Mannerheim, and in the end, the relationship grew colder.

Economic events were all rosy as the industrial base continued to soar and sighting of tanks prohibited in the Geneva Convention were flaunted in the open.

Italy June-July 1938

Mussolini has been basking in the limelight of his brokering of Austria and Spain's military alliance in live speeches and on the radio. Also, the Italian military again began to undertake sweeping changes and was active from Italy to Spain to Africa. Add in economic growth from expansion and trade deals with Germany and Spain, and Italian people finally appear to be proud of their El Duce.

Attachments
JuneJuly38..jpg
JuneJuly38..jpg (338.34 KiB) Viewed 277 times
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Kyoto receives industrial annex (the first of three).

Some progress on the battlefront as Hangchow is captured. Other areas see continued artillery bombardments plus some small advancements of our forces. We call on China to fulfill their word when the Boxer rebellion was defeated and pay the repartitions to all nationals involved which include relative of Americans who were tortured and killed during the Boxer rebellion. We also call on China to try ALL the parties who were implicated in the attacks on foreigners.

The USA announces a "moral" embargo on Japan.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

1938 August

The Red Army enters Latvia who enthusiastically join the Soviet Union many countries will surely follow into the workers paradise.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (256.98 KiB) Viewed 277 times

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Japan and China continue to fight. Some small advances against China...but nothing spectacular. Economy continues to advance in spite of the need to produce combat units to fight in China. Thailand joins the Japanese headed economic union--designed to advance the economies of the orient.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Soviets deploy to meet new global threats but we cannot say where.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 277 times

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Germany Aug-Nov. 1938

Fascism continues to sweep across Europe like an unquenchable fire as Turkey and Romania, in back-to-back months, have joined Italy, Germany, and Spain in a permanent military and economic alliance. But it's the vast oil fields of Romania that is the true coup for Germany in their recent string of political success. Given the unending growth of their industrial base, the flow of oil has helped sooth their one Achilles heel. Hitler now openly flaunts Germany's rejection of the Versailles Treaty with parades and vast troops movements to its borders, displaying to the world the hidden war machine they have built.

Italy Aug-Nov. 1938

Mussolini has made quite the name for himself as a political power broker in negotiating the split of Romania, and the acquisition of the Romanian, Spanish, and Turkish navy. November saw Italy send their most capable general, Alfredo Guzzoni, to Tangiers with a large force under him. This move was both provocative and in line with Italy's desire to be major players of the Mediterranean Theatre.

Attachments
JuneNov38AAR.jpg
JuneNov38AAR.jpg (291.66 KiB) Viewed 277 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Very nice AAR; I won't miss an episode.

Chuck
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

China still at it. More attacks by Japan..leads to some small advances. Economic advances continue...but advances to technology seem to be slower than I would like due to the need to build fighting units.

Has anyone studied the diminishing returns happens in the general economic advances? Does anyone know what the economic advances of 5% is based upon it does NOT seem to be based on the current level of production. Is it based upon the original production costs???
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hmmm... I almost always see a few points in R&R increase and then I try to roughly gauge how many months are left in the game and divide the new points cost into the months left to see if I'll get my money's worth. I think as the game shortens and the point cost rises it def. becomes less point effective... at least that's my guess. Can't wait to hear what the facts are.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Some small Japanese advances...nothing great just slow...economy still growing...I think the economy thing is weird. It is definitely not 5% improvement everytime you use it...Guess I have to look into it when I get the time.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

It is actually 5%.

Every time you increase it the change is 5%. The change you see in the unit cost is whatever your current setting of economy is (i.e. 105%), divided by the new cost (105% + 5%)... That is why it seems to be less and less. The higher the number of your current production, the lower the improvement you will see.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

It seems to be less and less because it is less and less.

Japan continues to attack China wherever and whenever it can. Continue to build annexes to the cities and improve the economy.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

It seems to be less and less because it is less and less.

True, the improvement you see is less and less, but the production increase is still 5%. I just wanted to make that clear.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

January 1939 Soviet Union

The Red Army enlists the local Kurdish tribesmen in the Caucus Mountains, to patrol the Soviet Unions now long border with pro German Turkey, the Kurd's have no love of the Turkish so they are likely to be very vigilant for possible incursions into Soviet territory.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (266.79 KiB) Viewed 283 times

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Germany Jan-Feb. 1939
After demanding that Mannerheim tear up his recent alliance with the Soviets immediately, Hitler flew out of meeting in Switzerand threatening war. With Czechoslovakia siding with France and Britain in January and Finland succumbing to communism in Febuary, German Generals were abuzz throughout the entire armed forces speaking of the imminent invasion of the Fatherland from the East and West.

Italy Jan-Feb. 1939

After many months of negotiations, Bulgaria finally succumbed to Mussolini's overtures, when Italian forces massed on their borders. Now that a clear land route from Germany and Italy to Turkey has been established, trade flows freely. Bulgarian armed forces were immediately assimilated into Italian doctrine.

Attachments
janfeb39AAR.jpg
janfeb39AAR.jpg (300.21 KiB) Viewed 283 times
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Japan views with alarm the likelihood that war is coming to the whole world, as Europe seems to descend into the abyss that is war.

Japan continues it's economic advancements and unfortunately it's war with China.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey, chuck sorry I missed your post... I need to get back to the documentary, I think that will be a blast. Hope all is well. Will get to our game in a few days...

Return to “After Action Reports”