Rolling Thunder

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

conrad44

Rolling Thunder

Post by conrad44 »

Any chance of seeing a Command LIVE Operation Rolling Thunder Air War over Vietnam in the future ?
Linebacker, Market Time, Steel Tiger Tally Ho, Ranch Hand, Tiger Hound, Toan Thang, Truscott White,
Vulture the possibilities seem endless.
Mini_Von

RE: Rolling Thunder

Post by Mini_Von »

I would love to purchase a stand alone Vietnam campaign. The new chaff corridors, detailed aircraft damage model and LUA SAR scripts could be utilized to make a great campaign.
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

ORIGINAL: conrad44

Any chance of seeing a Command LIVE Operation Rolling Thunder Air War over Vietnam in the future ?
Linebacker, Market Time, Steel Tiger Tally Ho, Ranch Hand, Tiger Hound, Toan Thang, Truscott White,
Vulture the possibilities seem endless.
Ummm...I think the idea of LIVE is that they are based on today's events, not historical times....
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

I to would like to see a dlc pack based on rolling thunder :-)

Cheers
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Based on how well Shifting Sands was received, Vietnam must be in the future. Vietnam is hallowed ground for many. There might be a lot of internal discussions on how best to approach all those battles. Patience is key on this one.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
CCIP-subsim

Post by CCIP-subsim »

Indeed [:)]

Don't forget, though, that Rolling Thunder in itself was a complex strategic campaign, not a tactical scenario - there is definitely a lot of cool missions to be done within it, but I don't think CMANO will ever be able to capture all of it in its essence. All the more when you include the what-ifs!

Interestingly, what I think CMANO may be capable of capturing whole is Linebacker II - it would be an absolute monster of a scenario covering the whole "11-Day War", but it's doable at least in theory, especially now that features like the chaff clouds are included [;)]
spartan21071

Post by spartan21071 »

I think a Vietnam War DLC would be a great addition to the current DLC set.

The scenarios could be broad with plenty of possibilities for what-if scenarios like presented in the fantastic Shifting Sands DLC.

Regards,
neno

Post by neno »

Vietnam War DLC would be an instant buy for me!
jun5896

Post by jun5896 »

Maybe. I hope to it will be soon. Good Morning Vietnam [:D]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”