Update News

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

osiris_slith

Update News

Post by osiris_slith »

Hi All

any news on the update..seems really quiet here these daya
Crossroads

RE: Update News

Post by Crossroads »

Hi osiris, which (JTCS?) update are you asking about?
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
osiris_slith

Post by osiris_slith »

the one berto has been working on with the new graphics and so on. I was under the impression JTCS would be WIN 10 compatible etc

for example...
Developer Diary #1 - MCS Sound System -

and this is from another thread on the JTCS forum..............
"The Random Map Generator was a good thing in the old generation of CS. However, I believe it won't be added to John Tiller's Campaign Series (JTCS)because it (JTCS) is no longer
officially supported. Instead there is in the works a new generation of Campaign Series being developed starting with the release of East Front III sometime in late 2017 or early
2018. There are some forum topics about it where you can add the request to a wish list."

im mean here is the timeline posted by Jason

The Road Ahead (Subject to change)

In an effort to provide a little transparency, here are our plans for the near future. As with all deadlines, they are not set in stone, but we are striving to meet these to the best of our abilities as we are a small team with no development budget.

CS Middle East 1.03 UPDATE -- Releasing May/June 2017

CS Vietnam 1.00 - Releasing December 2017

CS East Front III (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - Releasing December 2017 ...is this still the plan?

CS West Front II (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - TBD

CS Pacific Front (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - TBD

CS Cold War 1.00 - TBD

Each of these will be CORE games with DLC's to follow.

So what happened to EF III?...im mean this forum should be going bananas with a update coming in December if the timeline is accurate
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

OK, gotcha.

”East Front III” will be a completely new game, on the latest game engine, with new content, and not an update to JTCS. JTCS as such won’t be receiving update’s anymore.

Everything’s changed, and is not compatible with the old JTCS file system anymore, including data, graphics, scenarios.
---
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

EAST FRONT 1; is a good game; BUT if you can finish (50 turnsCAMPAINGS..or more i dont remenber) as axis with the 8.8 is not sufficent; you will see near MOSKU bands of LOWES
Epsilon Eridani

berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: osiris

im mean here is the timeline posted by Jason

The Road Ahead (Subject to change)

In an effort to provide a little transparency, here are our plans for the near future. As with all deadlines, they are not set in stone, but we are striving to meet these to the best of our abilities as we are a small team with no development budget.

CS Middle East 1.03 UPDATE -- Releasing May/June 2017

CS Vietnam 1.00 - Releasing December 2017

CS East Front III (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - Releasing December 2017 ...is this still the plan?

CS West Front II (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - TBD

CS Pacific Front (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - TBD

CS Cold War 1.00 - TBD

Each of these will be CORE games with DLC's to follow.

So what happened to EF III?...im mean this forum should be going bananas with a update coming in December if the timeline is accurate
The above timeline is inaccurate. For a more recent and accurate timeline, see here.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
osiris_slith

Post by osiris_slith »

this is what i needed to know..thanks!!!
vayte

Post by vayte »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

JTCS as such won’t be receiving update’s anymore.

Does this include bugfixes?
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: vayte

It is possible there could be data fixes, in form of encrypted data file revisions.

Code changes: no.

So depends into which category the proverbial bug would nest...
---
vayte

Post by vayte »

ORIGINAL: vayte

It is possible there could be data fixes, in form of encrypted data file revisions.

This is what i´m hoping for.
I found a number of small bugs in the unit files and it would be nice if they could be fixed before this game gets laid to rest. I will track the ones i come across and post them another time.
athineos

Post by athineos »

John Tiller's Campaign Series

It is dissapointing the developers do not want to spend the extra time to add a Random Map generator in the new series. Thank god we have the JTCS v.1.03 that still includes it. It will always be in my hard drive. just because new games have better graphics and fancier controls, does not make them better overall.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

For what it is worth random maps can be generated with Random Battle Generator with parameters available there, the generated RANDOM##.map files can then be opened with Map Editor for further editing, and for saving under a more meaningful name too.

---
athineos

Post by athineos »

I hope that the new Battle Generator will be more robust with more features including more terrain variety to choose from (eg villages vs Urban vs industrial settings)and have the option to choose your objectives on the map before the battle starts.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”