newbie german reinforcements

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

tonyscrase

newbie german reinforcements

Post by tonyscrase »

i am playing the campaign and I have got upto april 42. German reinforcements start as being assigned to OKH. am i better of leaving them as okh or assigning them to corp hq even if that leaves the corp hq overloaded.

THANK YOU
Searry

RE: newbie german reinforcements

Post by Searry »

You should never have troops attached to OKH, except if they are refitting in Germany.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: tonyscrase

i am playing the campaign and I have got upto april 42. German reinforcements start as being assigned to OKH. am i better of leaving them as okh or assigning them to corp hq even if that leaves the corp hq overloaded.

THANK YOU

Remember you can assign them to minor allied HQs or direct to army HQs - there is no reason why you have to have HQs overloaded or attached to OKH/army groups if you do not want to.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

Remember you can assign them to minor allied HQs or direct to army HQs - there is no reason why you have to have HQs overloaded or attached to OKH/army groups if you do not want to.
That seems quite odd to me. I think a fix should be included in the next patch that requires units to be attached to an HQ of their own nationality. This should limit the USSR in the later part of the game too, when they get Poles and Romanians and so forth. Exceptions in the case of units that are Finnish (G) or maybe for the Slovakian and Hungarian motorized units that historically served as part of German Panzer armies (redesignate them as German (S) or German (H)).

Just a thought.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking
ORIGINAL: Telemecus
Remember you can assign them to minor allied HQs.
That seems quite odd to me. I think a fix should be included in the next patch that requires units to be attached to an HQ of their own nationality. This should limit the USSR in the later part of the game too, when they get Poles and Romanians and so forth. Exceptions in the case of units that are Finnish (G) or maybe for the Slovakian and Hungarian motorized units that historically served as part of German Panzer armies (redesignate them as German (S) or German (H)).

It is worth saying that the startup includes many Rumanian units under German HQs, as was historical, and it was historical that formally some German units did come under Rumanian HQs. You could debate whether that was beyond a paper formality though.

I would have thought the lower Rumanian ratings and the lock on free SU transfers were sufficient deterrent.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”