Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rustysi

RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

Post by rustysi »

Bump. For all you newbies who may wish to learn how to play this game. Read this. Its where I learned.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Yeah, Major Mike is the master where all of us started.
Pax
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Anyone who wants to learn how to play the Japanese needs to read this AAR.
Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

His grasp on logistics is superb. A must for any Japanese Fanboy (TM).
Tenno Heika Banzai!
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

He's a professional logician. Think any of us could get paid for it?
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

So Sorry, My Island Now!

Attachments
SoSorry..landNow.jpg
SoSorry..landNow.jpg (42.69 KiB) Viewed 20 times

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Close, but not exactly.

Attachments
all.jpg
all.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 20 times
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

His wife has his labtop been his last words [:(]

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I did!
PS. It is "logistician". A logician would be someone who specializes in logic - like Mr. Spock. Live long and prosper! _\\//
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: Zorch

I did!
PS. It is "logistician". A logician would be someone who specializes in logic - like Mr. Spock. Live long and prosper! _\\//
I sit corrected. [&o]
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Hi guys! It's good to be back. I've been gone almost 2 years to the day. I wanted to let you all know why I left & (I guess) why I'm back. Plain and simple, I just needed a break from this wonderful game. I'm pretty sure my opponent, Ted, also needed a break. Nothing bad was going on in my life. Actually, things have been wonderful. My wife and kids (and cats) are all healthy and happy. I actually have a new member to my family. My daughter got married this past September. Also, my son is getting married in about 6 weeks. We're finally going to be kidless. Not really, they're all living/going to be living about 10 minutes away, so they're still around a lot, but they won't spend the night. I still work for the DoD, and plan on retiring in about 3 years.

It's really weird about taking a break from WitP and this site. Ted and I had slowed down doing our turns dramatically. There would be a week or more between getting the turn to the other person. Whoever had the turn would send an email saying it was coming that evening and then....nothing. We haven't even talked since we stopped playing. There was nothing wrong. I think we were both weary. We had been playing each other since 2005. I'm going to send him an email tonight to see what's going on in his life and if he wants to continue this game. I'd like to, but we'll see.

It's really odd, but since I stopped playing, I still carried my notes with me to work every day for the past 2 years. About 6 months ago, I upgraded my operating system on my laptop. I use a Mac and have the HD partitioned with Windows on the other half. When I upgraded the OS, the partition disappeared. I thought everything was gone. The program I used to hop back and forth (Parallels) wouldn't work on the new system. I needed the newest version of Parallels, but didn't want to buy it because of the weddings. I was also crushed because I lost everything. So I set WitP aside and focused on my family. A few weeks ago, I pulled out my notes at lunch and realized I had that WitP itch back. A week ago, I bought the new version of Parallels and installed it. Guess what? The partition was still there with all my data! I immediately opened WitP and have been relearning it.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know what's going to happen with this AAR, hopefully soon.

It's really good to be back!
Created by the amazing Dixie
Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Hi guys! It's good to be back. I've been gone almost 2 years to the day. I wanted to let you all know why I left & (I guess) why I'm back. Plain and simple, I just needed a break from this wonderful game. I'm pretty sure my opponent, Ted, also needed a break. Nothing bad was going on in my life. Actually, things have been wonderful. My wife and kids (and cats) are all healthy and happy. I actually have a new member to my family. My daughter got married this past September. Also, my son is getting married in about 6 weeks. We're finally going to be kidless. Not really, they're all living/going to be living about 10 minutes away, so they're still around a lot, but they won't spend the night. I still work for the DoD, and plan on retiring in about 3 years.

It's really weird about taking a break from WitP and this site. Ted and I had slowed down doing our turns dramatically. There would be a week or more between getting the turn to the other person. Whoever had the turn would send an email saying it was coming that evening and then....nothing. We haven't even talked since we stopped playing. There was nothing wrong. I think we were both weary. We had been playing each other since 2005. I'm going to send him an email tonight to see what's going on in his life and if he wants to continue this game. I'd like to, but we'll see.

It's really odd, but since I stopped playing, I still carried my notes with me to work every day for the past 2 years. About 6 months ago, I upgraded my operating system on my laptop. I use a Mac and have the HD partitioned with Windows on the other half. When I upgraded the OS, the partition disappeared. I thought everything was gone. The program I used to hop back and forth (Parallels) wouldn't work on the new system. I needed the newest version of Parallels, but didn't want to buy it because of the weddings. I was also crushed because I lost everything. So I set WitP aside and focused on my family. A few weeks ago, I pulled out my notes at lunch and realized I had that WitP itch back. A week ago, I bought the new version of Parallels and installed it. Guess what? The partition was still there with all my data! I immediately opened WitP and have been relearning it.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know what's going to happen with this AAR, hopefully soon.

Good to see you are back!
Tenno Heika Banzai!
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Glad to have you back. You have been missed along with your expertise.
[center]Image[/center]
obvert

Post by obvert »

Mike Solli!! Great to see you back around. Hope you do continue or pick up a new game. Your knowledge here has been missed! [&o]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Cool! [8D]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

[&o]

You don't back up important files? Even a thumb drive is better than nothing.

There were a few rule changes while you were away...JFBs must now build 1,000 Nates and Oscars before researching new models. [;)]
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

When I first played the empire this AAR was my template.

Basically, you taught me everything I know (which I've since lost as I'm now playing the allies again)[:)]

Welcome back!
Insano

Post by Insano »

Banzai!

You need to restore your production fanboy signature - that was solid gold!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

In your absence, I went through a period of burnout too, Mike. My game with SqzMyLemon withered on the vine and died as a result. I left the forum for over a year, returning about 11 months ago. More recently, he's taken a leave of absence from the forum and the game too.

It's to be expected, I guess, with a decades-long love affair with this game. All relationships ebb and flow. This one too.

Pleased to see that you are going to be around more often. My advice would be to take it slowly. Eventually you'll get back into the swing of things in a manner that suits your commitment and new life.

Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

CB, that's good to hear. It's interesting that I rarely thought about this game for so long, a game that I have always loved, even during my time off. I am ready to come back.

It's also really great to see all my old friends. You guys are still crazy, by the way.

Until I hear from Ted, I'm planning on preparing another starting turn. I've learned a lot in this game and want to make some changes to the starting setup. For one, I was far too slow in my initial attacks. Ted's ability to keep Pt. Moresby and Merauke were definite chinks in my armor. I also have a few ideas on ways to simplify the movement of stuff to Japan. I definitely want to rework the shipbuilding plan. Finally, I want to rework my airframe and engine plan.

Lots to do! Excited about doing it too! [:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie

Return to “After Action Reports”