Can Philippines res be convoyed to USSR by CW cp's?

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jjdenver

Can Philippines res be convoyed to USSR by CW cp's?

Post by jjdenver »

I'm having trouble getting the production screen to do this. My previous understanding is that this is possible. US has declared 1 res to USSR as trade agreement and that USE option has already been chosen. There are unused CW CP's in S China Sea, Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf and Iraq is neutral so it should be able to go through Iraq & Turkey to USSR.

Is there some rule preventing this or is it a game bug or is it neither and others can accomplish this somehow? If the last then pls enlighten me on how to do it.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
ssiviour

RE: Can Philippines res be convoyed to USSR by CW cp's?

Post by ssiviour »

If USSR and USA are both neutral USSR must ship the resources itself.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

That's right. As of the 2008 Errata: "Apart from the Japan-US agreement, you may only transport your own resources and, if you are active, resources for other active major powers on your side."

The big changes that resulted from this errata are a reduction in resources to the USSR when that entry option is chosen, unless all the Russian CPs are put in the Pacific. Also no more using CW CPs to help get the Persian oil to the USSR while the USSR is neutral.

Paul
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Let me try to translate this.

If I want to get any res to SU pre-barb, who exactly can ship them and from which country? Is it now only SU cp's that can ship lending res to SU? Or can for example CW ship CW res to SU?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

Let me try to translate this.

If I want to get any res to SU pre-barb, who exactly can ship them and from which country? Is it now only SU cp's that can ship lending res to SU? Or can for example CW ship CW res to SU?

If the USSR is neutral, only the USSR can transport resources send by the CW or the US. The only exception to this rule is a US entry option:

32. US refutes Naval War zones - The USA may use its own
convoy points to ship any resources and/or builds points that the
USA is lend-leasing to any allied major power. These convoy
points may be attacked by Axis units even if they are not at war
with the USA.

Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Not quite. If US entry option 19 is passed, "The US, CW and/or France can give or receive 1 resource each per turn to or from the USSR in future turns even if the USSR is neutral". Before the Errata that meant 3 resources max, 1 from each of US, CW and France, with usually the CW providing all the CPs (but some French or Free French could participate too) because they are Active and the rule is Active can transport their own and other Actives on the same side. Further, the designer clarified in the FAQ that lent resources can be declared as "belonging" to the lendee at either their source or at their destination. So a French/FF or CW resource belonged to the lender until they got to Russia and thus could be transported by either of them.

The US could not transport them since all the lending from the US, except to China and Japan, must not use US CPs until Option 32 is passed.

Now with the Errata the condition was added that the US resource going to Russia could only be transported by Russian CPs while Russia is neutral, since the US could not do so up until option 32 is passed.
Paul
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Ok, so FR & CW could use FR/CW/SU cp's to transport but US could only use SU cp's until option 32. Thank you. :)
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Technically it's a bit more complicated because of the rule about declaring ownership of the resource at the source or the destination. While USSR is neutral it is true that: "FR & CW could use FR/CW/SU cp's to transport" but because of the above, if using SU CPs, all the CPs in the chain would have to be SU, since a resource from CW or FR cannot change ownership partway.

Once they all are Active then you can mix and match CPs in the same chain.
Paul

Return to “WIF School”