[FIXED B978] Some hotkey quirks (1.13.2)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

deep42

[FIXED B978] Some hotkey quirks (1.13.2)

Post by deep42 »

Hi,

I found some minor problems with hotkeys, which perhaps could be fixed in a future patch.

- The hotkeys | (\) Next Unit and the sonobuy keys (shift-)[ ] dont work on German keyboards.
(On a German and other non US keyboards those keys have to be entered while holding down Alt+Strg resp the AltGr key. This is not recognised in CMANO.)

- When using hotkeys for toggeling DataBlocks, Targeting/Illuminating Vectors etc. the new settings are not correctly marked in the menu.

- The menu entry for View -> Next Unit shows the key \ as hotkey but the hotkeys list (Menu>Help>Hotkeys) as |.

-Peter
mikmykWS

RE: Some hotkey quirks (1.13.2)

Post by mikmykWS »

Added to the list. Thanks!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks for your feedback [8D]

On the Norwegian keyboard, its the keys to the right of the 'P' key, and left of the 'Backspace' key that have the [ and ] functions. Is that the case on your keyboard too?

On #2, could you elaborate please?

Have fixed #3 in B978, thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
deep42

Post by deep42 »

On the Norwegian keyboard, its the keys to the right of the 'P' key, and left of the 'Backspace' key that have the [ and ] functions.
Sure? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keyb ... wegian.png.
I think. it is the standard US/UK keyboard layout where the "[]" keys are between "P" and "BackSpace".
Is that the case on your keyboard too?
German keyboards as many other European keyboards use the QWERTZ layout:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#Au ... nd_Germany

As you see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#/m ... ermany.svg the [] keys are on the 8 and 9 buttons. And they are third level assignments, which require holding down Strg+Alt or AltGr.
For example, turn all Datablocks on by clicking the "Map Settings->DataBlocks->All" MenuItem. Just to make sure, reopen the "Map Settings->DataBlocks" submenu. As expected the item "All" is checked. Close the menu and press the Toggle Datablocks hotkey (* (multiply) on the keypad) This toggles the Datablock view to "Selected Unit".

Now reopen the "Map Settings->DataBlocks" submenu. You will see that the MenuItem "All" is still checked instead of "Selected Unit". Moreover, now it is not possible to turn DataBlocks on for all units by clicking the "All" menu item. You have first to click one of the other two menuitems.

HTH
Peter
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: deep42
On the Norwegian keyboard, its the keys to the right of the 'P' key, and left of the 'Backspace' key that have the [ and ] functions.
Sure? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keyb ... wegian.png.
I think. it is the standard US/UK keyboard layout where the "[]" keys are between "P" and "BackSpace".

Yes, you're right on the location thingie, however the actual sonobuoy dropping happens on the buttons I mentioned. Maybe the German keyboard uses different hotkeys, too?

Could you test a few random hotkeys and see which ones actually work?
ORIGINAL: deep42
Is that the case on your keyboard too?
German keyboards as many other European keyboards use the QWERTZ layout:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#Au ... nd_Germany

As you see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#/m ... ermany.svg the [] keys are on the 8 and 9 buttons. And they are third level assignments, which require holding down Strg+Alt or AltGr.
For example, turn all Datablocks on by clicking the "Map Settings->DataBlocks->All" MenuItem. Just to make sure, reopen the "Map Settings->DataBlocks" submenu. As expected the item "All" is checked. Close the menu and press the Toggle Datablocks hotkey (* (multiply) on the keypad) This toggles the Datablock view to "Selected Unit".

Now reopen the "Map Settings->DataBlocks" submenu. You will see that the MenuItem "All" is still checked instead of "Selected Unit". Moreover, now it is not possible to turn DataBlocks on for all units by clicking the "All" menu item. You have first to click one of the other two menuitems.

HTH
Peter

Thanks, fixed for datablocks and datalink hotkeys [8D]

deep42

Post by deep42 »

Yes, you're right on the location thingie, however the actual sonobuoy dropping happens on the buttons I mentioned. Maybe the German keyboard uses different hotkeys, too?
Ah I understand. And you are right. The two keys left of the backspace key drop the sonobuys. Sorry for bothering you with this one.
BTW, I found the hotkey for "Next Unit" as well. On a German keyboard it is the ^ key. The left most key in the row with the digits.
Thanks, fixed for datablocks and datalink hotkeys
Great.

But I assume there are some more:
- Did you fix the same problem for Illumination/Targeting Vectors as well?
- And I detected just another hotkey problem: If you use a hotkey for toggling the Targeting/Illumination Vectors the tactical map is not changed, as long as the sim is paused. You have to unpause the sim or to click in the map to see the changes.
BTW, toggling the DataBlocks by hotkey ist ok. The map is updated immediately even when paused.
- Hotkey for "Toggle DataLinks" / is not listed in the Hotkeys Subwindow.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks, also fixed in B978 [8D]

Return to “Tech Support”