Islands of Destiny: RA 5.0 Japanese Side

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MakeeLearn

RE: January 1945

Post by MakeeLearn »

Just want to note that this is INSANE! Therefore, it does have some appeal...

Yes it is[:D]

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

To treat this idea seriously--for just a second--I would have to fuel up four TFs, travel across the seas--unseen, and then attack a hardened target without any form of intelligence. Did I miss anything?

Your sword?.... don't forget your sword.

adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

ORIGINAL: John III
To treat this idea seriously--for just a second--I would have to fuel up four TFs, travel across the seas--unseen, and then attack a hardened target without any form of intelligence. Did I miss anything?

Unseen, you won't be able.

For all the rest, well then this depends on what CR have at Pearl Harbour.

BTW you could get close with a small party and fly a preparatory recon mission with the recon Judies...and if you could duplicate it somehow over other far different, and worthwhile, targets, so then CR may be reasonably unable to set appropriate defense on all of them.

Probably worth of doing even if you don;t pull the strike, just to propmt some dispersion of forces by CR...
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

Recon it with Glens a couple weeks before hand.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

He won't disperse his force. Not now.

I do know he has several CVL or a group of CVEs in the SE Pac. They would make a nice, little trophy in 1945.

Just to humor you guys, I am shifting two Glen Boats to PH.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I was curious about something this morning and checked the thread count to find that Dan and I's AARs are now #1 and #2 all-time for hits. That is AMAZING and crazy.

Appreciate all of you. WE but heads from time-to-time but you are all valued. The people/players who jump in with strong opinions and/or criticism are appreciated eventually! This player tends to be a bit thick-headed. [8D]

Dan and I just had this exchange with our turns:

John III vs. Big Red will be fun to watch. I'll really enjoy reading your AAR and monitoring your exploits. And I'll miss our game once it comes to a close. It's been a long, wild, frantic, fun ride. It's been the most fun game I've ever played, easily. Just great fun. It will be strange not playing against you, but who knows what the future holds. Who knows?

After we finish our match, I'll probably devote my time to finishing up the game with Obvert. But it should be mid summer '44 by then, so it'll be drawing towards late game.

At some point, I'll probably look for another game to start from scratch. I haven't put out any feelers yet. It will be fun but also hard to begin again in '41. I will look for a forum regular - somebody I know; somebody's who's experienced and good. After what you and I have just been through, I can't imagine playing against a newb. It's too much fun "hunting wabbits," as you've been known to say.

In my career, I've played quite a slate of good and experienced players: John III, Miller, Q-Ball, Panzerjaager Hortlund, and Obvert. I'm pretty fortunate to have faced opposition of that sort.

But perhaps, somewhere out there, a member of the Swedish Bikini Team is an experienced AE player who, for privacy purposes, disguised herself as a male and is well known to all of us. My money is on Bullwinkle or Chickenboy.

My reply:

Your sentiments are well expressed and heartfelt. I feel the same way with all the years spent in this crazy campaign.

So many of the Forum do not understand the bonds that have developed between us. I can hear your voice whenever you wrote a detailed note. I know of your life, job, and family. Don’t think many players ever get that and let the game rise to the level that we have.

It is bittersweet to see everything winding down; however, I do look forward to a chance to play a new match where I can take all this new knowledge of the end-game and use it for the betterment of the Empire in my next game.

Dan and I thank you for the reading, commentary, and bonds...

Zecke

Post by Zecke »

I was curious about something this morning and checked the thread count to find that Dan and I's AARs are now #1 and #2 all-time for hits. That is AMAZING and crazy.

Appreciate all of you. WE but heads from time-to-time but you are all valued. The people/players who jump in with strong opinions and/or criticism are appreciated eventually! This player tends to be a bit thick-headed. [8D]

Dan and I just had this exchange with our turns:

John III vs. Big Red will be fun to watch. I'll really enjoy reading your AAR and monitoring your exploits. And I'll miss our game once it comes to a close. It's been a long, wild, frantic, fun ride. It's been the most fun game I've ever played, easily. Just great fun. It will be strange not playing against you, but who knows what the future holds. Who knows?

After we finish our match, I'll probably devote my time to finishing up the game with Obvert. But it should be mid summer '44 by then, so it'll be drawing towards late game.

At some point, I'll probably look for another game to start from scratch. I haven't put out any feelers yet. It will be fun but also hard to begin again in '41. I will look for a forum regular - somebody I know; somebody's who's experienced and good. After what you and I have just been through, I can't imagine playing against a newb. It's too much fun "hunting wabbits," as you've been known to say.

In my career, I've played quite a slate of good and experienced players: John III, Miller, Q-Ball, Panzerjaager Hortlund, and Obvert. I'm pretty fortunate to have faced opposition of that sort.

But perhaps, somewhere out there, a member of the Swedish Bikini Team is an experienced AE player who, for privacy purposes, disguised herself as a male and is well known to all of us. My money is on Bullwinkle or Chickenboy.

My reply:

Your sentiments are well expressed and heartfelt. I feel the same way with all the years spent in this crazy campaign.

So many of the Forum do not understand the bonds that have developed between us. I can hear your voice whenever you wrote a detailed note. I know of your life, job, and family. Don’t think many players ever get that and let the game rise to the level that we have.

It is bittersweet to see everything winding down; however, I do look forward to a chance to play a new match where I can take all this new knowledge of the end-game and use it for the betterment of the Empire in my next game.

Dan and I thank you for the reading, commentary, and bonds...

[&o].....[X(]

Epsilon Eridani

Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

It was a good thing I had already swallowed the coffee, or I'd be trying to clean up my laptop right now.

And yes, it is interesting how we can become friends by playing war. I read both your AAR and your opponent's so I don't comment on gameplay. But it is obvious you have grown beyond opponents in a game to a higher, more personal level.
Tenno Heika Banzai!
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

But perhaps, somewhere out there, a member of the Swedish Bikini Team is an experienced AE player who, for privacy purposes, disguised herself as a male and is well known to all of us. My money is on Bullwinkle or Chickenboy.[/i]

My money would be on Chickendude.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I've got some serious catching up to do with the AAR.

There is a turn in my in box so I shall play it and then do a 5-6 comprehensive update.

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Umm, for the last 365 days. You will need to get busy to break Captain Mandrake's record! Hey, you can do it![:)]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I did not know it only goes back that far. What is his number. Always need a goal!

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

You and Dan both do excellent AARs-especially with the graphics. That is why we like to read them.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Overall, CR is in 2nd place and you are in7yh place.
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Who is in 1st?

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

How do you arrange to see ALL of them going beyond the 1 Year mark?

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Lovejoy

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Who is in 1st?

3rd base
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
reg113

Post by reg113 »

Who's on first.
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

How do you arrange to see ALL of them going beyond the 1 Year mark?

Attachments
j3.jpg
j3.jpg (347.7 KiB) Viewed 92 times
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

There is a certain DUH factor there AcePylut! Should have thought of that.

Have you guys ever been on one of those day long stretches where no matter what plan you may have got getting stuff done--FATE conspires to keep you from doing it? That pretty much describes my last 3-4 days here. Constant crisis at the two stores and lots of chicken**** stuff to do have totally prevented me from getting anything done.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

lots of chicken**** stuff to do have totally prevented me from getting anything done.

I hope that's an epithet and not some personal slander? [;)]

Return to “After Action Reports”