Right click for deliberate attack doesn't work sometimes

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Graybullet

Right click for deliberate attack doesn't work sometimes

Post by Graybullet »

Hey guys, I am a newbie in WITE. I have just updated my game to 1.11.00. It seems that when I hold shift, select my units and right click on the enemy units to conduct deliberate attacks, sometimes right click doesn't work for the first time and I have to right click for several times to execute my attack (the deliberate attack icon does show up so I am sure that it is not a problem of lack of MP). I wonder if any of you have the same trouble and how you solve it.
Thanks a lot!
Crackaces

RE: Right click for deliberate attack doesn't work sometimes

Post by Crackaces »

check to see that every unit selected has enough MP's to do the attack and no HQ's are selected
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Graybullet

Post by Graybullet »

Thank you for your reply, Crackaces! But my problem is not that I cannot execute the attack but that I need to right click for several times in order to execute the attack.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: Graybullet

Thank you for your reply, Crackaces! But my problem is not that I cannot execute the attack but that I need to right click for several times in order to execute the attack.

I run into that a lot .. I right click 2-4 times then the attack happens ..I just assumed it was my computer ..;)
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Graybullet

Post by Graybullet »

I see. So it is not just my problem... Thanks!
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

That's normal, especially for complex attacks from multiple hexes. Processor is taking a deep breath before calculating CV values. Calculations can take time depending on how fast your PC/LT/MD is.
Aufklärungs
Nuklearius

Post by Nuklearius »

Happens to me to and I have a very expensive top-of-the-line CPU in my Computer. It's an engine issue. The map and responsiveness feel very poor even compared to some other games of the same genre. Especially since maps and popups should absolutely not take the ressources they take now.

Compare that to Hearts of Iron where I never had an issue with commands not getting acknowledged. I hope they fix this part for War in the East 2.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”