Loading Aircraft

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

palioboy2

Loading Aircraft

Post by palioboy2 »

So I recently started a new game. It is now the 10th turn and I have yet to be able to load aircraft onto transports out of San Fran.

I originally tried to load split airgroups onto a transport TF in SF, the TF was for sure docked, this didn't work.

Next I tried the same onto an air transport TF, still nothing.

I then reunited the airgroups and tried loading them onto a transport TF and then an Air Transport TF, neither worked.

And yes I waited a turn in between each time I gave new orders.

I am sure the TFs were docked, the airgroups are unrestricted and that there were sufficient transports.

We are using the latest beta and the latest version of BTS. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this or have some ideas of things to try?

Sorry if this has been brought up before I did a few searches but wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks for the help.
BillBrown

RE: Loading Aircraft

Post by BillBrown »

Don't use an Air Transport type TF, use a Transport type TF.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Not in front of the game right now, but going from memory...

- TF docked.
- AK, xAK, or AKV type ship(s) with sufficient room for each group. Unlike an LCU, an air group must fit entirely on one ship so the ship must be big enough.
- HQ of air group must not prevent it from loading.
- TF must be Transport or Air Transport.
- The ships that will load groups must be empty. Even 1 point of supply (or whatever) will stop loading IIRC.

I decided to list all items I could think of even if you already mentioned some.
palioboy2

Post by palioboy2 »

-I have used both transport and air transport TF so I don't think it is that.
-The TFs were definitely docked
-There was more then sufficient room on each transport for each air group.
-There was zero supplies and fuel loaded in any of the ships

The one thing that could be causing trouble is, that a large part of the units are part of an unrestricted command, but the overall command is restricted.

So for instance a fighter unit is part of the 8th Air Force which is unrestricted, but the 8th Air Force is part of the restricted West Coast Command (command units made up). Would this count as them being restricted? is this something that was changed in BTS? as I don't remember it being an issue in the stock version of the game.

I am able to select the units on the TF and it tells me I have over 3000% space when I verify the load. I think accept the load, send the turn to my opponent and when the file comes back not a single unit has been loaded.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: palioboy2

-I have used both transport and air transport TF so I don't think it is that.
-The TFs were definitely docked
-There was more then sufficient room on each transport for each air group.
-There was zero supplies and fuel loaded in any of the ships

The one thing that could be causing trouble is, that a large part of the units are part of an unrestricted command, but the overall command is restricted.

So for instance a fighter unit is part of the 8th Air Force which is unrestricted, but the 8th Air Force is part of the restricted West Coast Command (command units made up). Would this count as them being restricted? is this something that was changed in BTS? as I don't remember it being an issue in the stock version of the game.

I am able to select the units on the TF and it tells me I have over 3000% space when I verify the load. I think accept the load, send the turn to my opponent and when the file comes back not a single unit has been loaded.
I think the air groups will not even show up on the pick list to load if they have wrong (restricted) HQ.

So what does happen when you try to load air groups? Do you get a pick list with some groups but not the ones you want? Are there no air groups at all in the pick list (just LCUs)?
palioboy2

Post by palioboy2 »

Here are some pictures, though I also changed something that might have been the issue.

https://ibb.co/dfRTMR
https://ibb.co/ciLYo6
https://ibb.co/m9wjvm
https://ibb.co/bXm686

So this is what I have tried the last few turns. The one thing I just switched, which I bet will make the difference is the TF was set to unload and I had no destination set. So I am guessing they were loading the A/C and then unloading them in the same turn. I have it set to do not unload now so we will see if that makes the difference.
Attachments
not yet loaded.jpg
not yet loaded.jpg (355.32 KiB) Viewed 95 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Aircraft load immediately so you can just look at the ship after clicking "load troops" and selecting a unit and it should be listed as being on the ship. No need to wait for the turn to run before checking.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

I do not understand what the problem is. The fourth picture shows all of the air units loaded and the TF loading supply. What else do you need it to do?

And yes, you should either give the TF a destination or set it to not unload.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

99% of the time I set a TF to not unload and with no destination. That way I can check that it loaded everything before it sets off.

You can set a destination and 'unload' but if anything changes and you have the TF go someplace temporarily while en route you have to remember to change it to not unload of else a bunch of disabled squads/devices wind up on a coastline without a base somewhere.

If you leave the TF to 'unload' with no destination then it begins unloading as soon as it finishes loading, providing the ships have any ops points at all remaining.

That final pic as Bill pointed out shows all the air units loaded, and with 'Do not Unload' so they will not unload. Problem solved or was that an earlier pic and something else happened later?
palioboy2

Post by palioboy2 »

It should be problem solved now. Like I said I was leaving them on unload in the previous turns, so they would be loaded, but because I didn't set a destination they would unload while the turn ran and when I got the file back they would be sitting back on the docks... long and short of it is I'm an idiot haha.

But I plan on just blaming it on my command staff :P

Return to “Tech Support”