Can no longer login to PBEM server after having to change my username

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
OxfordGuy3

Can no longer login to PBEM server after having to change my username

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

I had to change my matrix username today when trying to login to the Matrix store. something about having more than one Slitherine/Matrix account and them being merged. I was Oxford_Guy and am now OxfordGuy3, the problem is I can no longer login the PBEM server (on both the standalone and Steam versions) and there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the game to change it to use my new username, so I'm unable to continue my PBEM games currently :-(

I just get the error "Connection Error[8]" and "Login Incorrect" - but I can't find anywhere in the settings to change my login name to the new one, nor can I find any config file where this may be set.

How can I get the game to accept my new Matrix username? Thanks!
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Hubert Cater

RE: Can no longer login to PBEM server after having to change my username

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Oxford,

Please navigate to the following folder and edit the SC3.ini file at the very bottom where it shows your username and password login info for the PBEM++ server. I suspect this will do the trick for you:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe

Hubert
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Oxford,

Please navigate to the following folder and edit the SC3.ini file at the very bottom where it shows your username and password login info for the PBEM++ server. I suspect this will do the trick for you:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe

Hubert

Thanks, I get as far as being able to see my list of PBEM games, but when I tried to download and resume a game I get the error "Can't find 73973.dat" - BTW I did not remove any files. I can't seem to get any further than this :-(
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

BTW is the file location the same for the Steam version, I have both and have one PBEM game going in each?
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Are my PBEM games recoverable? I've spent many hours on them...
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

If you can navigate to the following folder, which is hidden by default so you might have to copy and paste the following into your navigation bar, then you should see a folder with your old Matrix username, and if you rename it to your new username it should work fine after that (replace <username> below with your Windows <username>:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\PBEM++

OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Hi Hubert - that worked! Thank you so much! The level of support you and Bill provide for this game is fantastic!

Return to “Tech Support”