Oil bombing hits seems to be pretty high

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

verdugo94

Oil bombing hits seems to be pretty high

Post by verdugo94 »

Hello,

I have been Oil bombed and the combat reports hit differed a lot with the real oil hits, be the last much more that the first. For example in this attack, 4 oil points were hitted, but in reality thei were 12 oil points

In this one 7 point in the report but in my factory were 28

Considering how expensive is to rebuil those points, aren´t they too much effective?
Yaab

RE: Oil bombing hits seems to be pretty high

Post by Yaab »

Just put any AA at those bases and you are golden.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Bomb hits and industry lost points are not the same thing. The algorithm for lost points takes into account the effects of the actual bomb, the type of industry, and in some way never exactly disclosed, the size of the industry target being hit. In the case of Oil, fields are large and much easier to hit at night than a single HI factory building. Palembang covered many square miles for example. And Oil burns and is otherwise fragile with a lot of piping and pumps.

In these cases I saw you had roughly 100 fighters at Magwe. I went at night for that reason, but you had no night CAP. Even non-night models will disrupt aim. I went 2000 feet for accuracy, and didn't encounter AA, which also spoils aim.

The bombers I used are new, much improved models over pre-war RAF models you've been seeing. My bombers get a lot better as the war goes on.

Magwe is very difficult to protect. But if you want to try there are ways to make it much more expensive for me.
The Moose
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

A single bomb hit can cause anywhere from zero points of damage to multiple points of damage. It just depends.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

My experience is oil hits are always under reported on the battle report.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

My experience is oil hits are always under reported on the battle report.

OR those bombs are causing more than 1 point of damage each [;)]
verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Thanks for your answers, sadly I had some night cap but it didn´t arrived on time [:@] and some AA. I will try to be more careful with this in the future, specially with full moon.
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Bomb hits and industry lost points are not the same thing. The algorithm for lost points takes into account the effects of the actual bomb, the type of industry, and in some way never exactly disclosed, the size of the industry target being hit. In the case of Oil, fields are large and much easier to hit at night than a single HI factory building. Palembang covered many square miles for example. And Oil burns and is otherwise fragile with a lot of piping and pumps.

In these cases I saw you had roughly 100 fighters at Magwe. I went at night for that reason, but you had no night CAP. Even non-night models will disrupt aim. I went 2000 feet for accuracy, and didn't encounter AA, which also spoils aim.

The bombers I used are new, much improved models over pre-war RAF models you've been seeing. My bombers get a lot better as the war goes on.

Magwe is very difficult to protect. But if you want to try there are ways to make it much more expensive for me.

No AAA? That is like saying,"Here I am, you can take what you want".
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

I had one opponent in July or August of 42 and he had Morseby stacked up with 6 Betty bombers and a level 4 field with no CAP or AAA.

55 bombers smoking on the tarmac claiming how bogus the game was. He didn't like me countering that no AAA, no CAP and 20 B17s coming in at 6,000 feet will destroy a base.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: verdugo94

Thanks for your answers, sadly I had some night cap but it didn´t arrived on time [:@] and some AA. I will try to be more careful with this in the future, specially with full moon.

Usually, when my night cap doesn't arrive on time I've already fallen asleep. [:(]

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Oil was about the easiest target to put out of action. It was the oil storage tanks that were vulnerable. Easy to target and the Japanese had no capacity to replace them once they were destroyed. I never really understood why the Allies did not target them more. Perhaps because they knew that they were sinking all of the Japanese tankers anyways.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: verdugo94

Check the CAP's altitude. Night bombing is low level, so any high CAP is never going to see the attack. Also check the fighters' top speed against the bomber models I used. You still have a lot of Nates on duty in China.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”