Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Cyrano

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by Cyrano »

No luck for me, I fear.

I'm installed on a "D" drive with a "C" for a boot, but that file shows up nowhere.

As I indicated, the non-Steam patch never gets to an extraction step. It seems to find no SC installed and just gives up.

"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
jelelo94

Post by jelelo94 »

Hello there.

When I try to start a new campaign whith the "Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign", an error pops up with this message: "FAILED(initialize_morale_flag_surface): Segmentation violation"

I can´t go any further. I reinstalled everything but the error remains.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (118.39 KiB) Viewed 790 times
majpalmer

Post by majpalmer »

Still nothing on Steam. I've reinstalled Steam, reinstalled the game, verified the files...nothing!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

3) anyone know how to shrink the screen as I cant get access to any of my other icons without saving & closing the game.
I know this one ! Hit the 'Esc' key.
Icier

Post by Icier »

Thanks for that. [:)]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

HI,

No problem looking forward to diving in. But I do have one question. I put a video on my YouTube Channel showing off the games and talking about wanting to play the WW 3 mod.

It was pointed out to me by a viewer that the resolution was slightly off - you can't see all the screen. I'm using the same resolution as I do for the regular game. So I'm wondering if your mod has a different resolution? IF so what is it or how can I capture all of it on screen?

The video is located here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6NcUAo6o8 About 13 minutes and 38 seconds into it.

Thanks for your help.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Icier

Post by Icier »

just had a look at the video & couldn't see anything wrong.
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello all
I'm sorry for the issues with the Steam version of the DLC pack
We will look into it

apologies
Ben Wilkins
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi AZKGungHo,

Great stuff and thanks for doing this [:)]

The video looks fine to me as well, other than perhaps the top little bit of the game screen looking a bit cut off but not by much. Also, the mods don't have specific resolutions associated with them, they just work at the same resolution as the default.

Hubert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: jelelo94

Hello there.

When I try to start a new campaign whith the "Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign", an error pops up with this message: "FAILED(initialize_morale_flag_surface): Segmentation violation"

I can´t go any further. I reinstalled everything but the error remains.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jelelo94,

Just to confirm, have you tried installing the latest version of the Community Pack found here?

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.10.zip

If not, does it now resolve your issue for you?

Hubert
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Hi Hubert,

It was that little bit on top that I was talking about. Well as you said it's not a huge deal so I'll go ahead and see how it works out. One of my viewers had pointed this out to me so I wanted to check it.

Thanks again,

- Louie
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Icier

Post by Icier »

Hi Guys,

am I correct in thinking only Fall Weiss 11 is the only game to be played as a PBEM?
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: Ice

Hi Guys,

am I correct in thinking only Fall Weiss 11 is the only game to be played as a PBEM?

It's actually Fall Weiss II (2) [:D] and it's called that because the original made for SC2 was based on the campaign Fall Weiss.

Anyways, thanks for acknowledging that the mod is PBEM ready. It is not as ambitious as some of the other Mods by any means, but it is meant to be clean, detailed and well balanced. Most of all it is meant to be challenging vs the AI which was why I originally began the mod.

Even to this day the AI still beats me 50/50, although I shy away from playing gamey, so who knows how others find the AI.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

jelelo94

Post by jelelo94 »

Hi Hubert,

I had it already installed before but I reinstalled it anyway.

The problem remains.

During the last try I realized that the problem only appear in some mods. For example, Fall Weis loads just fine.

Thanks for your help.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Jelelo94,

This is an odd one for sure as I am unable to repeat it and yours is the only report of this so far. Perhaps something about the install or your system that the game just doesn't like in combination with this particular MOD.

One thing you can try is to navigate to the MOD folder and delete that file to see if that helps (morale_flag_sprites.png):

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns\_Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign\Bitmaps

Or simply rename it for now to see if it will load without that file.

Hubert
jelelo94

Post by jelelo94 »

Hi Hubert, thanks for the answer.

I tried by renaming the file, but then the error pops up with other png file (unit_nato_flag_sprites), so I renamed all png files in that folder. Now, when I run the mod the error is different (see picture)[&:][&:].

Thanks for your support.
Attachments
Captura.jpg
Captura.jpg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 796 times
ILCK

Post by ILCK »

I saw the post discussing that it would save any existing user-made campaigns but I am not sure where that would be. I see nothing in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe that looks like what I would expect to be this save of other campaign.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: jelelo94

Hi Hubert, thanks for the answer.

I tried by renaming the file, but then the error pops up with other png file (unit_nato_flag_sprites), so I renamed all png files in that folder. Now, when I run the mod the error is different (see picture)[&:][&:].

Thanks for your support.

Try the following then, navigate to the same user folder for the MOD, i.e. this one here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns\_Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign

Then open the 'campaign.ini' file and change the following line to this:

#CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 0

Save the file and then relaunch the game and load the mod and hopefully this does the trick... however you will not be playing with any customized bitmaps for the MOD.

Hubert

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: ILCK

I saw the post discussing that it would save any existing user-made campaigns but I am not sure where that would be. I see nothing in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe that looks like what I would expect to be this save of other campaign.

Hi ILCK,

If you navigate to the following folder you should see a BACKUP of the previous CAMPAIGNS folder, hopefully this helps:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\

Just copy/paste any from the backup CAMPAIGNS folder over to this folder and it should work fine after that:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Hubert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi jelelo94,

I would also recommend updating the game to the latest v1.10 just in case you haven't already done so and in case this will make a difference to the error you are reporting on your end.

Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”