Naval Transport

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

TheLysander

Naval Transport

Post by TheLysander »

Im in the winter 44/45. I have a finnish brigade and a finnish division stationed in Talinn. They are surrounded by soviets bar one province. I was hoping to evac them by sea at the last minute but it seems that i cannot transport them to finland even though the movement points come up when on the transport tab they do not cross the gulf of finland. Is there something I'm missing? The port is undamaged.
Searry

RE: Naval Transport

Post by Searry »

I think they can't evacuate if there's enemies nearby. It has happened to me as well. The other thing might be that the sea is frozen as does freeze. Not sure why this is, just speculating.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

In older versions Finns could not sea transport over the no move line even if they could walk over it. Basically meant if you wanted to garrison Talinn with Finns they had to go overground via Leningrad. Do not know if this was fixed or remains, and whether this would be considered as a bug? It could be WAD if it was meant to prevent Finns being moved South even when Leningrad and the Svir remained in Soviet hands.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
morvael

Post by morvael »

Maybe WAD, maybe bug. I'll add this to my list to check for the next patch (not 1.11.01).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”