TM, RA, and BTS Re-Write

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BillBrown

RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

i also seem to be missing pics of the rita, liz and (edit) the yasukuni

Did you download the updated art files? My install has all the pictures you say your are missing.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

edit : double checking what i have downloaded

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

i also seem to be missing pics of the rita, liz and (edit) the yasukuni

Did you download the updated art files? My install has all the pictures you say your are missing.

i have downloaded the 3 files on the BTSL (SCN60) page but i can't see that they include any plane pics - do you have a link?

many thanks
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Here, listed as new art 4.0 https://sites.google.com/site/reluctant ... -0-the-art

Actually, now that I look at it, I think you are missing all of the art files. The picts you are missing
have been there for a long time. The new art just updates some of the ships art files.

Download and install the cumulative_art2 file. Then install the new art files.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

Here, listed as new art 4.0 https://sites.google.com/site/reluctant ... -0-the-art

Actually, now that I look at it, I think you are missing all of the art files. The picts you are missing
have been there for a long time. The new art just updates some of the ships art files.

thanks for that, much appreciated

hopefully John 3rd can add a note to that effect just above the download links on the BTSL page to help out anyone new to the mod

cheers
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

i think that file is the same as in the BTSL page - however there is a separate download for the missing aircraft pics which has sorted things for me

cheers
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

i think that file is the same as in the BTSL page - however there is a separate download for the missing aircraft pics which has sorted things for me

cheers

I do think that John needs to clean up his art files. I have not installed a new version in more that a year or so. I have just copied the one I have when needed and it has all the picts I need. The cumulative file mainly has ship art, no plane art. You have to download the plane art file for that.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Yes. ALL the files need to be updated, collated, and made into a bit better sense. This is something I've been putting off but it would REALLY help to have all the ship art in one file and the air art in another.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
aga2008

Post by aga2008 »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hi Cavalry.

1. If he has George in that early, that would be over 16 months from when it should appear. WOW. He must have spent a fortune to bring it forward. Doesn't help you but I find that amazing to have it so early. We have adjusted it backwards in BTS and BTSL and will in RA. Doesn't help you in this version though.

comments based on the current version of the mod (BTSL 4.5)and without doing any math......

1) is this because the N1K2-A George upgrades from the Zero - hence you can start researching it from the getgo by converting fully built A6M2 factories directly to the George?

2) from a jap economic point of view having the George upgrade from the Zero would seem to make the Sam largely redundant (as you can get the George so much quicker) - also there seems no reason to research the N1K1-J George as it can be bypassed by going the Zero route

as I'm cavalry's opponent let me add my view on this topic:

ad 1: No research was done using the described approach (switching at zero cost from Zero research to George research). All George research started at 0. I never saw a possible switch from the A6M line to N1K line research at zero cost. But actually I can't remember with which version of RA we started so it may be that something like that was possible. Anyway - and you have to trust me on that - that was never done in this game.
If you look below, it took more than 300 days to get the first month of advancement. If I had used an existing switch it wouldn't have taken that long.

In this history of the research the leftmost column is the turn number(taken from tracker). Please note that in the end just 6 turns were needed to advance N1K2 one more month. And you can do your math to find out what that cost me... :)

317 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
345 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
371 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
389 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
399 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/44 Information
407 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/44 Information
413 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/44 Information
421 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/44 Information
427 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/44 Information
435 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/44 Information
443 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/44 Information
449 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/43 Information
457 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/43 Information
463 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 10/43 Information
471 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 9/43 Information
477 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
485 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
493 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
499 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information

ad 2: A7M uses Ha-43 therefore getting the engine bonus is much more difficult. In addition - the N1K1 which is the predecessor for N1K2 - comes much earlier and means you'll inherit fully repaired research facilities for N1K2 as soon as N1K1 is available. And this in turn is much earlier than for Sam. That - and not any exploitation of a possible bug in the mod - is the reason of choosing George instead of Sam.

as a bonus also see the reasearch history for Ha-45 - also valuable for Frank research ..:)

81 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
121 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
149 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
177 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information
205 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
233 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
277 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
315 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
335 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/42 Information
355 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/42 Information

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Damn. That is impressive! Did the huge amount of expenditure hurt your overall economy?

aga2008

Post by aga2008 »

. Damn. That is impressive! Did the huge amount of expenditure hurt your overall economy?

for opsec reasons there will be no answer posted
[;)]

pm me if you want to get the figures

Andreas
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

While my opponent is gone for four day weekend with wife, I'm going through Japan as of 1 Apr '43 (BTSL).

Amagi Class BC: The last three upgrades are ONLY 5 days for two new radar sets, and significant increase in the number of 25mm AA guns in size 45 shipyard. I would change them to 15 days (9/44) and 20 days for the 12/43 and 3/44 when a radar is added.

Takao Class CA: Has a 'conversion' available that has NO delay with an improve AA value better than what you get after 7/44 upgrade. Please clarify!

G6 conversion Class CV: Her only upgrade on 1/44 has NO delay for a significant upgrade in AA and radar. Should be around 30 days or so.
[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Nice catches Michael. Will fix and Post.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Michael and I are doing some work on separating the CLV/CAV on their conversion dates. Presently ALL of them have their conversion dates set WITH an upgrade. To make it easier to follow I am separating these dates and will Post them when this is completed.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

OK. I have got 4.7 done on each Mod.

Here are the changes:
1. Fixed Upgrades with Amagi so she is not lightning quick with upgrades.
2. Increased Charlotte's CVL Air Complement by 6 to 36. She now has 21 Fighters and 15 DB. This better reflects her slightly larger size over the Cleveland conversions.
3. Separated all the Conversion from Upgrades so it is more obvious when a CLV or CAV is due for upgrades.
4. Advanced the time for upgrades to begin with all three class of Allied Hybrid: Charlotte can convert 3/42 so she is complete 9/42. The Vindictive-Class are allowed to to upgrade in 5/42 and will then be available 11/42. Think this better reflects emergency wartime conversions and the dramatic need for ANY form of flattop!

Will Post when these changes are uploaded to the Mod Page.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

BTS--BTSL 4.7 is now available and loaded on the website. No MAJOR corrections just the stuff listed above.

Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

Thanks! It should be doable to upgrade the database in an ongoing game, correct?
Tenno Heika Banzai!
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Yes, when it comes to upgrades for ships they can be done for ships in the future.
[center]Image[/center]
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ORIGINAL: aga2008
. Damn. That is impressive! Did the huge amount of expenditure hurt your overall economy?

for opsec reasons there will be no answer posted
[;)]

pm me if you want to get the figures

Andreas

I was wondering if the makers are happy with this - I do not mind per say as its a mod but it would be nice to have a general comment - Andreas is my opponent.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Please note I am about the start scn 78 with my other opponent. Please let me know if you want to see how it goes - Its the General Patton tweaked mod.

I asked my opponent to play like the following- any comments.

Withdrawal off and reinforcements for both sides as very variable for fun 😊 2 day turns and all the usual realism rules.

BUT I need total surprise.
You may not move any ships even ones at sea on the first turn BUT you may move TF Z and units with a CV in. I will not try and find your CV on turn 1.
Ships may not move into or out/ split of TF on turn 1
You may change Cap to max 20% anywhere unless it is already set higher but you cannot change units already on training. You can change naval search to max 20% unless already set higher and CV may do any level of NS
Russian CAP max 20% 1941 , 30% 1942/3 then anything or once attacked. Russia may attack 1/1/45 onwards??
Russian ships cannot leave port until turn after japan attacks or 1/1/45
Allied air units may not be based in Russia or at Russian controlled bases.

Cap and sweep rules as we have them

PP for leaving a restricted area if an R unit.
Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

I just realized that the Aussies were quite advanced in their infantry tactics and equipment at the beginning of the war:

Attachments
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (111.65 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Tenno Heika Banzai!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”