Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

HybridSpyda

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by HybridSpyda »

Hi Everyone,

If any existing Campaigns are found (including if you reinstall the Community Pack) the installer will create a backup of your current Campaigns folder so you can easily move over missing user content to the newly created Campaigns folder.

Also, the Pack has been updated to solve the issues with the WWIII Campaign! The new version can be found here.
Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

Should we be good with Steam installs?

Thanks for the great responsiveness.

Jim
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Apologies to everyone who had issues with this pack, TBH we're not sure exactly how it happened but we did mess up somewhere.

Hopefully it has not put you off enjoying the impressive work done by the modders and Hubert.

As HybridSpyda says the issues should now be resolved

regards
Ben Wilkins
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

hello Cyrano
We have now updated it directly on Steam which should fix your issue - if Steam hasn't automatically updated your game files please reattempt to verify the files from within Steam and let us know if you are still having problems.

Thank you for your patience with this matter.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: HybridSpyda
Apologies for the issues you experienced with the Matrix Installer.
This bug has now been resolved, and the latest installer can be downloaded here.
Please let us know if you are still having issues getting this working after downloading and running this latest version however.
Happy Gaming!

Looks good now. Thank you!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

We have now updated it directly on Steam which should fix your issue - if Steam hasn't automatically updated your game files please reattempt to verify the files from within Steam and let us know if you are still having problems.

I have the Steam version, and did a 'verify' of local files, but still no Community Pack or any of the new Community scenarios.

n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

I have the Steam version, and did a 'verify' of local files, but still no Community Pack or any of the new Community scenarios.

Same here.

Edit: After starting the game once, restarting Steam did the trick for me.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Thanks Hubert,

I've been playing this game since SC 1 and have playtested several of them and I had no idea you could turn off the right click menu. It seems that most of the mods are set that way. I don't know why but would suggest the authors consider changing that as everyone I know who plays really relies on the right click and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it. Just a thought.

Thanks for the support and glad to know you've been enjoying the series right from the beginning 😎

The ability to disable the right click option is something new since we implemented the new UI options for SC3 and is not actually related to the mods at all but is simply a user setting.

Depending upon when the last time was that you either played SC3 or when you last updated the game you may have previously disabled the option (while it was inactive) and now with the latest updates and it being active you suddenly were not able to use the right click menu option.

The good news is that re-enabling it will correct this for you and it should now stay this way regardless of campaign or mod.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for the fixes Ben and Hybridspyda and for anyone still having issues with Steam you can actually use the latest Matrix installer as it will also work even if you only have the Steam version as it installs the same to your Windows User folder for the game.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks for the fixes Ben and Hybridspyda and for anyone still having issues with Steam you can actually use the latest Matrix installer as it will also work even if you only have the Steam version as it installs the same to your Windows User folder for the game.

Regarding the Matrix installer to update the Steam version, is that the Matrix Installer (Strategic Command Setup Release V100)? Or also the Matrix update to V1.10?

I have both on my hard-drive but only Installed the Steam version, no community mod seen so far in my Steam version.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the quick work and the information. Strange thing is I'm playing SC WW2 with right click enabled but in the mods it wasn't. I'm downloading the fixed mod package and will install and check it as soon as I've got it. Really happy to see this and appreciate everyone who's worked on this. [&o]

Everything seems to be working fine now - THANKS AGAIN!! SC just keeps on getting better and better.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Sorry had massive login problems for the last 3 days.

I just tried Steam and had no success with any downloads

Used Matrix installer and everything is running well.

Tried WWIII 1946 and all went well with my download. All pop ups are working etc.

There is a readme that isn't included that I will post HERE

I hope you enjoy the Mod, I know I had fun making it.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Icier

Post by Icier »

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the quick work and the information. Strange thing is I'm playing SC WW2 with right click enabled but in the mods it wasn't. I'm downloading the fixed mod package and will install and check it as soon as I've got it. Really happy to see this and appreciate everyone who's worked on this. [&o]

Everything seems to be working fine now - THANKS AGAIN!! SC just keeps on getting better and better.

+1

Also would like to add that by adding the community content (for free) you have guaranteed a long life for your game
& a lot of respect from gamers like me!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

That was the first thing I tried after the Steam update didn't work. But since my Matrix install wasn't uptodate yet, it gave an error.
It ignored my Steam install. [;)]
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Uninstalled the Steam version and Installed the Matrix version +v1.10, then the community mod installer. All good now, mods/scenarios can be seen in "single player".

As a side note for the devs, when installing the v1.10 update, either single zip file Matrix Installer, or via de "check for updates" file downloader, I get a "missing license agreement text file error", maybe someone forgot to add it to the v1.10 update. The installation still follows it´s course but you do get that msg on start-up of the installer.
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

I confess to being defeated.

I have, twice now, uninstalled my Steam version and first tried to run the installer. It tells me, consistently, that I do not have the game installed.

I then tried to get Steam to verify my files. Which it consistently does.

Despite all this, I have none of the Community Content in my scenario options list.

Something else I should be doing?

My Thanks,

Jim
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

There is the possibility (for a convoluted technical reason) that the Steam Community Pack may have installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\CommunityPack

If it has, all you'll have to do is copy the contents of this folder and then paste it in this folder on your end and it should then be working as intended:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Let me know if this does the trick for you,
Hubert

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

There is the possibility (for a convoluted technical reason) that the Steam Community Pack may have installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\CommunityPack

If it has, all you'll have to do is copy the contents of this folder and then paste it in this folder on your end and it should then be working as intended:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Hubert

Did not work for me. I also note that on the Steam store page for the Community Pack, the 'download' button does nothing other than bring up the SC3 startup window.

Steam players could easily install the pack if Matrix would provide it without their installer. I suppose just as easy, is simply to go to the mods sub-forum and get each one individually (assuming that the downloads available from the mods sub-forum are exactly the same as those in the Pack).

[later]

I guess Steam took a while to catch up, as it just now updated my game to include the Community Pack.

n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

Hubert

Restarting steam actually already did the trick. ;)
Icier

Post by Icier »

Hi all, a couple of questions.

1) currently playing 1938 the calm before the storm, enjoying it, but does anyone have instructions as I am flying blind.
2) can this be played as a pbem game?
3) anyone know how to shrink the screen as I cant get access to any of my other icons without saving & closing the game.
4) are there supposed to be a separate menu for each game or do they all use the SC menu?
5) anyone played to till the end & does it crash?
[&:][&:][&:]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”