Recon mission planning

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

HellcatOne

Recon mission planning

Post by HellcatOne »

I have to plan one recon mission with RF84F ThunderFlash. What is a best way? Make a support type mission with low, fast single passage or use patrol area choice?
I never use/make recce mission before, i have no idea to do it!
[left]Image[/left]
[left]CMANO Italia[/left]
Sakai007

RE: Recon mission planning

Post by Sakai007 »

Unless the recon asset has radar of some sort, or the mission is in/near enemy airspace, I tend to run the flight manually. With an asset that has SLAR or something to that effect I use a support mission.
When in Doubt, Charlie out!!
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

Depends on the situation, if you suspect the mission area is a high risk area, a support type with pre-planned route is preferred . Otherwise use a patrol zone and make the recon stay there longer.
Note if you are using ASuW patrol zone and an unknown target pop-up, the recon will dive down , cycling around until the target is identified, you might lose your recon to enemy AAA fire. An AAW patrol zone can be a choice to avoid this situation, just be careful about enemy fighter.
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Cik

Post by Cik »

support is best I find. on patrols they tend to facecheck hard-to-see AAA and SAMs and often die unless watched like a hawk.

on support they will fly the track and not deviate unless specifically ordered to. if they don't see anything where they currently are, you can always move the support refpoints a little closer until you are satisfied with what you are detecting.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Yeah I like using the support mission as well. You can set the speed & altitude and if it is a high risk area you can have it simply do one circuit. If less risky you can have it run a continuous patrol and creep the route into the target area, starting from a safe stand-off then on the next circuit, move the track in by the range of the sensors (slant range), and so forth onto the target area.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
HellcatOne

Post by HellcatOne »

Thanks for response.
The area i need to scout in in enemy territory and protected by CAP patrol ( and AAA or Sam i suspect).
The RF84 Thunderflash don't have any sort of radar.
Another question: When i see scouted enemy? When my recon pass over it or i wait the plane are landed?
[left]Image[/left]
[left]CMANO Italia[/left]
Cik

Post by Cik »

immediately, assuming the aircraft is connected to your communications net in some way.

granted i don't think the sim supports photo recon, so if your thunderflash was to have it's radio shot out i don't know if there's a way to somehow extract it's intelligence once it's landed, or anything.

could model that with lua though.

Return to “The War Room”