Using planes of diferent nation

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

traskott

Using planes of diferent nation

Post by traskott »

How can I made one nationality at game (ie: Canada ) can use airplanes of other nation ( ie: US Navy )?

Should I tool with sqns or with airplanes ? I'm a bit lost here. Thanks guys!!
Dali101

RE: Using planes of diferent nation

Post by Dali101 »

Yes , no problém. D.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: traskott

How can I made one nationality at game (ie: Canada ) can use airplanes of other nation ( ie: US Navy )?

Should I tool with sqns or with airplanes ? I'm a bit lost here. Thanks guys!!

Using the game editor, open the scenario you wish to modify.(SEE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM BEHIND THE STARS!)******

Open the button for the aircraft, and then locate the type of plane you wish to use.
Next, using the button at the bottom left, copy that plane, find a blank slot and paste your selected plane to the empty slot.

At the top middle column, locate the "nations" and pick the one you want to use.

NOTE:Other nations tended to make changes to engines, fuel tank sizes, and weapons on certain planes, so you also have the ability to change these things as well, on the new slot you are creating.

Take your time..

Once you have finished creating your new plane, don't forget to "save" the scenario. *****************You will NOT be able to make changes to any of the stock scenarios, so you will need to also "save" an entire scenario, which will be a copy of a stock scenario, but will include your data changes.

Dali101

Post by Dali101 »

It is not necessary. Why would he do that?
In such a case, they must deal with graphics and production. Unnecessary ...

If he wants to allocate Hellcat (US Navy nations) Australian squadron there is no problem.
He does not have to create an Australian Hellcat. D.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Dali101

It is not necessary. Why would he do that?
In such a case, they must deal with graphics and production. Unnecessary ...

If he wants to allocate Hellcat (US Navy nations) Australian squadron there is no problem.
He does not have to create an Australian Hellcat. D.

If I read his question right, he is wanting to use a plane available for one nation, and assign it to another nation where it is not normally available..
I have described the accurate way to do so.

Please notice I have been with the game since well before WITP was produced.
(The original game engine was called UNCOMMON VALOR.)[;)]

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Cross national usage of aircraft models is not possible except for one specific circumstance.

m10bob has outlined the necessity to make a "copy" of one nation's model in order for another nation to use the same model.  In the official scenarios one can see many examples of this in play eg New Zealand gets its own "national" Dauntless and Avengers which are essentially copies of the USN aircraft; the Australian Kittyhawks use up an aircraft slot and have the exact same stats as their equivalent USA P-40 models.  Plenty of other examples.

The only exception is when a specific air unit has it's next scheduled upgrade listed as being a different nation's aircraft model.  This is how a few USA and Australian units can avail themselves of Dutch models such as the Dutch DB-7 or the Dutch B-25C version.  This work around however only allows for one non national aircraft model to ever be flown by that unit because the standard upgrade rule is that air un it upgrades follow the scheduled factory "upgrade" path.

Alfred 
traskott

Post by traskott »

Thanks Alfred!!
Dali101

Post by Dali101 »

Both of you have bad ideas ....
If you write an Australian squdron to upgrade the MiG-3 slot, it will use the MiG-3. I can assure you that there is no problem with this.
They will fly and shoot down Japanese planes. That's the reality ... Dali
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

If you write an Australian squdron to upgrade the MiG-3 slot, it will use the MiG-3. I can assure you that there is no problem with this.

Normally I would just ascribe your lack of English language skills as adequate explanation for your deficient posts and not respond. But normally people in your position are not as aggressive in insulting me.

I suggest you take my post to someone with competent English language skills and get them to translate what I wrote into your language. You will then see that

(a) what I wrote is completely accurate, and
(b) I specifically addressed the work around of how to get, to use your own parlance, "an Australian squadron to upgrade the (sic, your poor English is exhibited) Mig-3 slot"

and therefore cannot possibly be a "bad idea" as is claimed by you. An apology from you is appropriate.

In future, if you want your posts providing information to be of value you might care to be both more circumspect and explicit. In this thread you still have not explained to the thread creator exactly how to accomplish his request but felt quite entitled to insult those who have provided the details to accomplish his request. This is the behaviour of an arrogant fool and such creatures often have no knowledge.

Alfred
Dali101

Post by Dali101 »

I apologize for the poor knowledge of the language.
I did not want to offend you.
Again, I apologize. Dali
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Normally I would just ascribe your lack of English language skills as adequate explanation for your deficient posts and not respond. But normally people in your position are not as aggressive in insulting me.

I suggest you take my post to someone with competent English language skills and get them to translate what I wrote into your language. You will then see that

(b) I specifically addressed the work around of how to get, to use your own parlance, "an Australian squadron to upgrade the (sic, your poor English is exhibited) Mig-3 slot"

and therefore cannot possibly be a "bad idea" as is claimed by you. An apology from you is appropriate.

In future, if you want your posts providing information to be of value you might care to be both more circumspect and explicit. In this thread you still have not explained to the thread creator exactly how to accomplish his request but felt quite entitled to insult those who have provided the details to accomplish his request. This is the behaviour of an arrogant fool and such creatures often have no knowledge.

Alfred

Alfred...You have been around forever as well, and it is always nice to see your posts, as you have contributed so much to the forums for a long time...Bob

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: m10bob
Alfred...You have been around forever as well, and it is always nice to see your posts, as you have contributed so much to the forums for a long time...Bob
+1
Pax
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I apologize for the poor knowledge of the language.
I did not want to offend you.
Again, I apologize. Dali

Now that has been established.[:)]

To satisfy the OP's question it comes down to this. If he wants to make another nations aircraft generally available to all units, he needs to adopt what m10bob wrote. Essentially he needs to make a copy of that aircraft and use up an aircraft slot. Alternatively if the OP is satisfied to limit access to a different country's aircraft only to a few select air units then he can specify the upgrade path in those units.

Adopting either approach is not in itself an endorsement as to the wisdom of doing so. That is ultimately a judgement call by the OP. The bottom line is that yes it can be done (Dali101) and how it is done is detailed by both m10bob and myself.

Alfred
Aurorus

Post by Aurorus »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred

Alfred, I find your comments to be very helpful, not only on game mechanics but on grand strategy as well. I respect you as a man who is obviously keen, intelligent, and insightful. But, you should relax a bit and not take statements so personally.

So a man brings home a robot that is equipped with complete polygraph equipment and can detect a lie. Once it detects a lie, its mechanical arm slaps the liar. The man places the robot at the table while eating with his family. His son arrives late, and the father asks him, "Why are you late?"

The boy responds, "I went to see a movie."

The father asks, "Which movie?"

The boy responds, "The Ten Commandments."

The robot slaps the boy.

The boy responds, "Actually, it was entitled 'Sex Toys.'"

The father replies, "When I was your age, I never watched such garbage. You should be ashamed of yourself."

The robot slaps the father.

His wife, entering from another room laughs and says, "Well... he is your son."

The robot slaps the wife.
traskott

Post by traskott »

Thanks to everybody...[:)]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”