Anti- tanks

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Icier

Anti- tanks

Post by Icier »

Does the Anti Tank research add a bonus to other units besides dedicated towed / anti-tank guns?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Harrybanana

RE: Anti- tanks

Post by Harrybanana »

As far as I know it does not. Which is why I don't invest in AT technology and don't build AT units.
Robert Harris
Icier

Post by Icier »

Thanks mate....its more or less what I thought, so I will spend my money on something else.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
The Land

Post by The Land »

Yes, it's a bit of an ugly duckling, isn't it... Ideally most non-armoured land units would use Anti-Tank, but there isn't usually a spot for it given the limit of 3.

I wonder whether Corps, Armies and Mech should take Anti-Tank rather than Anti-Air. Then you could give Anti-Tank the bonus to combat against tanks that come from Infantry Weapons, as well as the AA bonuses.

Infantry Weapons is slightly overpowered in my view, while historically AA weapons for most formations evolved less during the war than AT weapons. AA would continue to be important for armoured formations, resources, ships, artillery and AA units... so still important to have. Or would this break anything?
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

BTW AT units (unlike all other armour and Mech units) don't get the -1 penalty that armour gets for defending in towns/cities, so coukd be useful in that situation, if facing assault from tanks/mech

Also, if you've maxed out your tank builds, it's a way to put more tank-killing units on the map
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

If you add the costs for research, AT cost the same as armies - beside the fact, that her research is limiting the research-cap, which could be otherwise used for more important techs.

For their strict buildlimit they are only interesting for Germany and the SU, which will also get the opportunity to buy them much cheaper.

In my experience they could hardly be usefull unless they reach lvl 3, before lvl 3 they achieve the same def.-values as corps, but less attack-value, even against tanks. This makes them not just hard to train, but a valuable target for any infantry.

Imho you`re better off ignoring them, and buying armies instead.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”