TLD Outastanding Bugs

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Tejszd

RE: TLD Outastanding Bugs

Post by Tejszd »

Bump
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump - with the new 3D CC release coming soon fixing these bugs would be a good sign for potential customers that the new game will be supported
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Gosh Tejszd, you have been bumping this thread for over 18 months. You need to get laid.
Citrus1

Post by Citrus1 »

I recently purchased The Longest Day (about 4 days ago), but it won't run on Windows 10 properly. I have tried to fix the problem through compatibility settings, but have not found the correct setting or combination of settings, if there is one.

I also own Gateway to Caen and Panthers in the Fog (through Steam), and they work fine. If Close Combat games on Steam work in Windows 10, why not The Longest Day?

I've been told in forums elsewhere that Matrix has no plan to fix other versions of Close Combat, which I find odd given that they already have coding to make Close Combat work on Windows 10, as evident by those games on Steam.

I accept that it's Matrix prerogative which games they want to work properly, but it does go against consumer guarantees to sell functional games on Steam, while selling a sideline of dysfunctional games from the Matrix website.

I would prefer not to ask for my money back, but selling games that don't work does look like a scam. How many other people have paid $40 for a game that is broken?

I had a screen capture of what happens on Windows 10 to show you the problem, but your forum does not let me post it. Is there a solution to the game? And does Matrix genuinely intend to fix its back catalog? Because I really want to shovel money your way for Last Stand Arnhem, but I don't want to purchase another dud game, or report your website as a scam site, if I can avoid it.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Citrus1,

The Longest Day will run on Windows 10 if you have the game in windowed mode, but not full screen mode. Please see this forum thread for details: tm.asp?m=4190969

The reason the newer games (Panthers, Caen) work fine on Windows 10 is that they're using an updated engine that uses 32 bit color graphics. Older versions of Close Combat use various 16-bit color modes, and Microsoft stopped supporting these modes for DirectX full screen mode in Windows 10.

Steve

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump - with the new 3D CC release coming soon fixing these bugs would be a good sign for potential customers that the new game will be supported
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

When a vehicle has a crew of two the soldier screen does not show any weapons

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Gun disappears when going from the BG unit selection screen (7.5cm IG18 right column 2nd from bottom) to battle/map (bottom right unit box). Note: the Begin button has NOT been pushed.

Based on discussions this is most likely due to the AI selecting a deployment location that the gun/crew can not fit. Previously raised in Nov. 2012.

Attachments
DisappearingGun.jpg
DisappearingGun.jpg (334.52 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

The French gun (bottom middle of the picture) behind the buildings is protected but has no LOS/LOF to toward the German deployment zone North of the river. Previously raised in May 2012.

Attachments
BadGunDeployment.jpg
BadGunDeployment.jpg (291.12 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

In the screen shot below you can see from the VL bar having grey that there was neutral VL's at the end of the battle.

These Neutral VL's were awarded to the German (player) side when the AI accepted a truce holding NO VL's which results in at best the AI BG retreating or at worst it being disbanded. The AI should not accept a truce if it holds no VL's and there are neutral VL's (if there are no neutral it will not accept a truce).

The map picture shows all VL's as German but the post battle description states both sides hold VL's so they do not match???

Previously raised in Nov. 2011.

Attachments
EndBattle..reLogic.jpg
EndBattle..reLogic.jpg (173.46 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

On discord there is a Meuse GC on v3.52 and the air support crash mentioned in the first post of thread is still being seen.

Here is a link to a video of a battle this morning and at the end you can see the aircraft flying then the game crashed; https://www.twitch.tv/videos/808814010
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Another Meuse GC air support crash when units along the map edge were targeted.

Steve, did you previously state you found issue an air support issue do with the map and created a fix? Could this fix have not made into TLD or somehow not been later patches? Or this could just be something similar? Just found it interesting that they specifically said it was air support by the map edge....

Here is the link to the twitch video (it will only be available for about a week before it gets removed ~Dec. 6):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/823462961
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I will double check. Do you know if this was single player or multiplayer? The title makes me think he was playing against someone else.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Both videos above are from H2H games in the ongoing Meuse H2H GC on Discord.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Ok, thanks. Do you know if the person recording the video was the client / joiner? The client does involve a different bit of code that is not part of single-player / host airstrikes.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Ok, thanks. Do you know if the person recording the video was the client / joiner? The client does involve a different bit of code that is not part of single-player / host airstrikes.

I can ask....

Edit: Pzt_Crackwise, the Axis player, was the host for the last video.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Ok thanks. I'll look at it again in the MP context.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The fix for the original 'air strike weapons hitting off map' is implemented in TLD. I've done some testing with stock TLD, both single and multi-player, and haven't been able to reproduce the crash.

Based on the video and the info you provided, it looks like everything is fine until the aircraft reaches the initial 'fire strafing weapons' position. I assume the HE111 as defined in the mod has bombs only (i.e. hull weapon(s) but no turret weapons?) In which case nothing special should happen here. The bombs aren't released until the aircraft is right on the target.

Is it possible the players have different versions of your mod? If the indexes for the aircraft in the vehicles file were different, the weapons defined on the aircraft were different, or the weapon indexes in weapons file were different, those could cause a crash on the client multi-player.

Do you know if the host game experienced any sort of error, or was it just the client?

Return to “Tech Support”