Italian Mod ...

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Angiel

Italian Mod ...

Post by Angiel »

Hi
can you create a Mod with Italian units?
But how is it possible to give the Italian units the values they have in ASL? [&:]
Peter Fisla

RE: Italian Mod ...

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Angiel

Hi
can you create a Mod with Italian units?
But how is it possible to give the Italian units the values they have in ASL? [&:]

You can change the graphics but you cannot change the values. Italian and French nationalities are part of the expansion that I will start working on in the near future.
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

You can change the graphics but you cannot change the values. Italian and French nationalities are part of the expansion that I will start working on in the near future.

Thanks for the answer and for the great news on the new Fra / Ita expansion.[:)]

For my Italian Mod ... for example if I replace (graphically) a Russian team 4-2-6 with an Italian team eg. 4-4-6, will it have the values of the Russian team ie 4-2-6?

UP844

Post by UP844 »

@Angiel:

The unit will retain its hard-coded values, regardless of what you put in its icon. I toyed with the idea of making some Italian scenarios using Germans units as stand-ins:
- 2nd line squads as Italian Elite
- Conscripts as Line
- Pz-35(t) as M13/40 (they are quite similar, and both derive from the Vickers 6-ton)
- StuG IIIB as Semovente da 75/18
- Pz-II as L6/40

The main issue is the lack of early British opponents: I am not especially eager to portray the Ariete at El Alamein against Shermans and Churchills.
ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla
Italian and French nationalities are part of the expansion that I will start working on in the near future.

Hooray for Peter!!! [&o]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

@UP844
thanks for the reply ..... is hard the Ariete against the Shermans and Churchills.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

In my opinion, the M13/40 was a decent - if a bit underpowered - tank when it entered service: it quickly became obsolete like any other early war tank, but for a variety of reasons it was never replaced by newer models.

Some years ago I made a scenario for Steel Panthers about the Battle of Bir El Gobi and the M13/40s performed reasonably against the 2-pdr Crusaders [:D]. At Beda Fomm, the first M13s sent to Libya faced the early British cruiser tanks and it was a quite close affair.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

You could deploy infantry and Italian SW, supported by German tanks. Maybe we will have a more balanced scenario (or campaign).
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Great news about a future French/Italian expansion, Peter. I'll be buying! [:)]
Richard
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Yes,is a great news but the scenarios with the Italian are,mainly,in the desert and this imply other rules like trench,sand dune and so on.Remains one scenario in Russia and some in Sicily or Tunisia that can avoid the use of desert maps.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

A very good thing, this game needs a second wind.[&o][&o][&o]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”