Armored Brigade Screenshots

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
Muso

Armored Brigade Screenshots

Post by Muso »

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since we last talked about Armored Brigade, but today we finally have some news about it!

The development is proceeding pretty well, and we're really happy to see that the developers are proud of their game.
This is why today we're here to show you a bunch of screenshots from the game!

Although these screenshots are from an early-development stage of the game and do not represent the finished product, they do show how interesting this game will be when it comes out nonetheless.
We hope you like them and that now you're waiting for Armored Brigade even more!

These new Alpha version screenshots show off elements of the new UI design and the new Finland map

blackcloud6

RE: Armored Brigade Screenshots

Post by blackcloud6 »

Nice! At first when I started scrolling through the screen shots and looked at the zoom outs I thought "Oh, this looks like an update of Tac Ops." Then I saw the zoom in shots... oh boy!
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

congratulations, looks good.

Looking forward to it[:)].

All the best,
Kip.
kagee

Post by kagee »

Screenshots look awesome! No target timeframe for a release?
calgar

Post by calgar »

Absolutely great to see this moving forward.

One of the Tanks was indicated as dug-in. Will self-entranchment tools and AEVs make it into the game to dig the fighting positions for the Vehicles?

The Graphics rework looks amazing, but I can only express my irritation again as to the fact that AVLBs won't make it into the game. Loking at the first screens, the combat dynamic on that Map will can not "feel" right without these tools in the game. Players will force their units through the chokepoints without a chance to bypass.

Also good to see obstacles in the last screen. Will we be able to reinforce buildings, since wire is already in?

Wil webe able to cross-attach units, since HQ Level is in? I.e. detaching a Tank Section to use them as Recon Patrol?

Again, great to see the title moving forward.

Best Regards,

A
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Very nice!!! Thank you, looking forward to it´s debute!
balto

Post by balto »

As I get older/lazy and with MAINSTREAM PC games UI getting better and better and better, I was wondering; (1) In the detail screen for the M60, can you obtain the same level of information on enemy units that you have spotted (great)? Or do you need to have the enemy unit stats memorized or have intuition or something like that (bad). (2) I see Penetration. It has been a while since I have seen that. I believe we need to see armor thickness for this to be useful. If that is correct, I assume there is a plan to have the armor thickness in the detail window of the M60? As important, per my question #1 will the detail for enemy units spotted also have their armor thickness (as well as the other stats)?

I thought I was done with super complex games (other than Decisive Campaigns), but this one looks like it could be great. Thanks for the status.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

hmmm, looks interesting. I'm generally not interested in modern games but will keep my eye on this one. The top-down tactical views reminded me of Steel Panthers, but I guess this game is intended to be more complex/"realistic" than SP?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: kagee

Screenshots look awesome! No target timeframe for a release?

There's no set release date.
Know thyself!
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: calgar

Absolutely great to see this moving forward.

One of the Tanks was indicated as dug-in. Will self-entranchment tools and AEVs make it into the game to dig the fighting positions for the Vehicles?

The Graphics rework looks amazing, but I can only express my irritation again as to the fact that AVLBs won't make it into the game. Loking at the first screens, the combat dynamic on that Map will can not "feel" right without these tools in the game. Players will force their units through the chokepoints without a chance to bypass.

Also good to see obstacles in the last screen. Will we be able to reinforce buildings, since wire is already in?

Wil webe able to cross-attach units, since HQ Level is in? I.e. detaching a Tank Section to use them as Recon Patrol?

Again, great to see the title moving forward.

Best Regards,

A

Some tanks can have plows, but in the game they're for obstacle clearing only. The defending side can have all its units dug-in when the battle starts, if terrain permits. Entrenching is usually done well before the enemy is right around the corner? Pretty much the same thing with obstacles, as was discussed earlier, if I recall correctly.

There won't be bridging vehicles, but there's a plan to add additional shallow water crossing points along the rivers. These can be toggled on/off in the scenario parameters, or freeze all water, or just make all water fordable.

It's not possible to place obstacles on buildings. The defending side can have small bunkers with MGs.

No cross-attaching units, but any unit can be detached from its formation. That increases the command delay though. The game has dedicated recon formations, including tank recon sections for some armies.
Know thyself!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit in looks and feel it's has come along in leaps and bounds from the free version you had out and i played to death with, all those years ago, good luck and keep us all informed on progress as it's something to look forward to for many here it seems
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: balto

As I get older/lazy and with MAINSTREAM PC games UI getting better and better and better, I was wondering; (1) In the detail screen for the M60, can you obtain the same level of information on enemy units that you have spotted (great)? Or do you need to have the enemy unit stats memorized or have intuition or something like that (bad). (2) I see Penetration. It has been a while since I have seen that. I believe we need to see armor thickness for this to be useful. If that is correct, I assume there is a plan to have the armor thickness in the detail window of the M60? As important, per my question #1 will the detail for enemy units spotted also have their armor thickness (as well as the other stats)?

I thought I was done with super complex games (other than Decisive Campaigns), but this one looks like it could be great. Thanks for the status.

Currently you can see some basic information of identified enemy units: name, speed, maximum armor levels and weapons. Since you cannot assign targets to your units, but only set rules such as maximum engagement ranges, I think it's not necessary to know all the details. In the friendly unit specs view there's the "armor" button, that shows the armor statistics instead of the weapon/ammunition details.
Know thyself!
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

hmmm, looks interesting. I'm generally not interested in modern games but will keep my eye on this one. The top-down tactical views reminded me of Steel Panthers, but I guess this game is intended to be more complex/"realistic" than SP?

I may have become blind to the complexity of AB, because I've been doing this for so many years, but I don't think AB is more complex to play than the later iterations of SP. It depends on how deep you want to go. Basically, you place your units in the setup phase, click "start", and then control your units and formations by placing waypoints. Fixed-wing aircraft are called by selecting the flight from a list and clicking on the map. Helicopters and artillery are a bit more complex. The real-time system is certainly more realistic than the turn-based approach, and action flows naturally, without the player constantly click-click-clicking to move his platoons/companies around.
Know thyself!
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I am really impressed. I like the colored circles around the units. You can easily tell where they are located and what they are doing.
In addition, I love the zoomed in views. This game appears to be the ground version of "Command." Looks great so far.
pjdegrieck

Post by pjdegrieck »

Thanks for the photos, looks great!

How are we looking for release? This year?
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

It resembles Close Combat
wodin

Post by wodin »

Are infantry animated at all? If not I'd have preferred to see them as colour coded dots. A dot for each man. That way you see the exact position of each man, colour coded for both Nation and armed service branch. Also use similar inf symbols maybe as Graviteam Tactics zoomed out map. I'd really prefer it than seeing more realistic soldier representations visually but are total static as they move. Having a simple dot takes that uncanny valley element away.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Fartsicle

Thanks for the photos, looks great!

How are we looking for release? This year?

There's no set release date.
Know thyself!
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Are infantry animated at all? If not I'd have preferred to see them as colour coded dots. A dot for each man. That way you see the exact position of each man, colour coded for both Nation and armed service branch. Also use similar inf symbols maybe as Graviteam Tactics zoomed out map. I'd really prefer it than seeing more realistic soldier representations visually but are total static as they move. Having a simple dot takes that uncanny valley element away.

Identified infantry is animated, but rather abstracted so the position on screen is not exact. There are different ways for the player to customize how the game looks. By default, the animated graphics is shown when zoomed in, NATO icons when zooming out and smaller stylized icons when viewing from very far away.
Know thyself!
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK cool. Suppose to late to have the dot option where each dot represent a soldier and shows their exact position?

Return to “Armored Brigade”