Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

verdugo94

RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e

Post by verdugo94 »

Thanks you very much for the update [:)] I am having 2 issues, I hope you may help me.

1)Is possible to have a full window with the game windowed and the window maximized. I only got this.

http://subefotos.com/ver/?ce7426e09d82b ... 51b4fo.png

[/img]

2) I can´t uninstall the game, it appears on the programs list but when Ii click uninstall nothing happens, it is really strange

harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: E

ORIGINAL: cohimbra
ORIGINAL: E
v0.908e BETA patch is an improvement over the the current v1.02? (How does that work?)
I think...yes? [8|] As said, it worked for me (1.00 -> 1.02 -> beta 0.908e)
But the unanswered question is "how does that work?" Why is it numbered lower than the current version? Were any kind of mood altering substances involved in this numbering system? Is this that infamous "new math?"

It's my old numbering system. I built our beta versions with a 0.x code, then when it was ready for release it got a 1.0x code. I handed over 0.908(d?) which Warshipbuilder's team polished off. If they keep doing updates they'll be able to stick to a more rational numbering system.

I don't do drugs, it just made sense to me in 2008/09.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: verdugo94

1)Is possible to have a full window with the game windowed and the window maximized. I only got this.

2) I can´t uninstall the game, it appears on the programs list but when Ii click uninstall nothing happens, it is really strange
1. Try setting your screen to 1280x1024 or run the game through dxwnd following the instructions in the readme and fiddling with the settings.
2. Deleting the entire folder works as an uninstall.

Hope this helps.
simovitch

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

ORIGINAL: paulopanz

Done. No luck.
What exactly happens when you start the game? What's you OS and Gfx card ?
It's impossible to help you without having even basic information.
I'm almost certain this is still a problem with the compatibility setting set in registry by the installer. I have moved this over to the tech support forum, but any help on this issue from "the old breed" is appreciated.[&o]
simovitch

quertice

Post by quertice »

a great news, thanks!
Texeiro

Post by Texeiro »

IDK if this is a bug or WAD, just asking:
Playing alied, I see the troops status completely. I tried attackning them, and damage and "autorecon" updates.

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Texeiro

IDK if this is a bug or WAD, just asking:
Playing alied, I see the troops status completely. I tried attackning them, and damage and "autorecon" updates.

Interesting. We only expanded some array sizes and fixed some text field bugs in the displays which went a long way to help fix the replay bugs. We hoped that there would be some collateral bug squashing with these fixes, like the "turn back" bug...

So this is likely WAD, and you cant trust the older recon information as much as the new I imagine.
Looking again, what exactly are you seeing that is different from 1.02?
simovitch

Texeiro

Post by Texeiro »

ORIGINAL: simovitch

IIRC the exact ammount of damage, the number of artillery pieces destroyed and the numbers of troops killed wasn´t visible in 1.02.

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Texeiro

IIRC the exact ammount of damage, the number of artillery pieces destroyed and the numbers of troops killed wasn´t visible in 1.02.

I just checked 1.02 and it looks the same.
simovitch

paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

I was able to run (not so well ...) the beta patch on my laptop WIN 10 equipped.
CHIUSI in Italy is still out of place
I think You should have to check Siena, Arezzo and Florence positions too ....
Texeiro

Post by Texeiro »

I just checked 1.02 and it looks the same.

Ops, sorry my bad, I didn t remember that. I seems odd to me that allied player can have insta recce of enemy troops.
Btw the patch works flwalesly! Thanks for your efforts to all involved. The development would continue? I could help with graphic design if needed.

warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Development continues. Looking at some of the bigger problems to see what can be done about them.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
joey

Post by joey »

Thank you all! I am impressed! j
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

Minor thing here. GC '43, Allied side, go to 'List Air Unit' and sort by fighter. Than select Spitfire LF.VB and search for 412 Sqd RCAF, he's attached to...Funtington. Don't know if it's here in 1.02 patch too.
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Good catch cohimbra. Here is the fix

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/shYD1sO4/file.html

But you will probably have to start a new game.

Thanks again for spotting that.
warshipbuilder

pulsars

Post by pulsars »

hello
maybe someone can ask to my problem... thanks in advance !

I purchased the game bombing the reich ; i downloaded it and installed it, with no problem.
The game is working well, but the version is 1.00 , with windows 10

----->So I tried to make an update via the main menu window, but i have had an error ! a problem with my firewall?
the log.txt said "An error occurred when trying to download the server file. Server ID: TrueUpdate Server 1 : An error occurred when trying to open the FTP file. (3618)"
Then i disabbled the firewall, restarted computer, the log.txt said " error, Server Returned Extended Information: 200 Type set to I
500 Illegal PORT command
500 LPRT not understood
"

-----> So, do you think i might directly update with the lastest beta patch 0.908e ? i will suppose that i have just to enter my serial key ?

thanks for your advise for the two points...
pulsars
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh install. The patch contains the newest exe and data files created by my team so I don't think there is a need to install the 1.02 patch first. But I may be wrong on that count. Like I said what have you got to lose? If you don't wish to try that, send zakblood a PM. He is very good at resolving this kind of thing.

You should not have to put in your serial, it should automatically be recognized by the patch.

Good luck.

warshipbuilder

pulsars

Post by pulsars »

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh installion

Hello many thanks , firstly i made a direct internet connexion on my box, and it worked..... Now the version is 1.02...... this tip can be useful ....
Secondly i am happy to test as soon as possible the bêta version of the patch.... btw : the rule 1.00 ...> 1.02....> 0.908e will be respected as well.
and to eventually report my impression .... i own the two original games from Talonsoft [:D] since beginning .

Thanks again for your help [:)]
Pulsars
harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh install. The patch contains the newest exe and data files created by my team so I don't think there is a need to install the 1.02 patch first. But I may be wrong on that count. Like I said what have you got to lose? If you don't wish to try that, send zakblood a PM. He is very good at resolving this kind of thing.

You should not have to put in your serial, it should automatically be recognized by the patch.

Good luck.

iirc there were small art changes in either 1.01 or 1.02 (or both!) that would require incremental updates for new installs. The only way around this would be if when you submit your next update to Matrix for packaging you do a diff comparison on the gold files vs what you finish with, then include everything added and changed. It's probably something worth doing tbh. Worst case is one of the 1.01/02 art files is missing or has less objects than it should which causes a CTD.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Glad to see you are still keeping an eye on things.
warshipbuilder

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”