NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Psych0

RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

Post by Psych0 »

And in the center I see no urgent need to retreat this turn, probably next turn. I have a nice 2-3 deep carpet and his infantry is still a little away. I wonder what Manstein is going to do with his PG4 just north of the Valdai hills. Push further east, try to encircle the hills (although I think I prevented that option) or swing back to join PG3 in the push to Moscow. PG3 certainly looks like it needs the help [:(]

Fortifications around Moscow are coming along nicely, will be mostly level 2 forts next turn.

Attachments
T6DaveCenter2.jpg
T6DaveCenter2.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 123 times
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Damnit I thought I must of left a hole near the Dnepr from the north of Kivoi rog as I didn't remember specifically thinking about it......
No point calculating you can't worry me from the south if I don't think about the north too

I'll get there buddy I've just gotta keep layering it all on the subconcious
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Barely over 60k kills.......

Feeling constantly deflated so I'll just this one screenshot for Leningrad

Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Chin up mate. It's just a learning game. Certainly learning lots on my side of the bear cage! You?

So you discovered my little surprise for you, Zhukov taking on the defense of Leningrad. Then putting stuff on reserve actually does something, that was the difference in the shown battle. Will open the turn later to inspect the damage.

Are you using reserves for your assault on Leningrad? If really no progress then taking Sviritsa might be required. And where is Model? Better than Weiss. Are you using 2 pioneers and a Stug per attacking division?
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Yeah I took absolutely no chances and put everything I could muster into the fight there 2 extra divisions of mine in reservess activated I got the fort down to 44% so it is at 39CV now I think and next turn I will be able to get a stronger force as a few good units did not have the 9 mp needed this turn

It is more the centre mate I am just dumbfounded by your defence I have no idea how I am supposed to overcome it, it more efficient compared to how I defend it myself personally with almost 400 hours of Russian multiplayer under my belt and I am just so inefficient as Axis I definitely am not focusing enough punching power into but that is just because I am terrified of even trying and falling on my face anyways

The 2nd PzG has gone around your defence to the south as it had HQBU last turn you *Shouldn't* be able to pocket it hopefully you would be off by 1 hex if I calculated correctly for once

I am also over the Dnepr near Cherkassy and have panzers posted outside both the industry at D-town and the other one on the east side of the Dnepr but I fully imagine you did it on purpose as pose 0% threat to your industrially
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Maybe I am just being biased and that is not the case

I could simply just be doing an absolutely appalling job in the centre and trying to put the responsibility of that onto you to make myself feel better but it certainly feels frustrating and deflating moving a couple of hexes a turn there with me being completely unaware how to make it otherwise
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

I understand bud. Losing momentum and not seeing a way out. In my Drakken game I struggled with it too but somehow I managed to keep his Ruskies on the backfoot and him more demoralized than me. It's all relative. Just kept pounding, starting at the front and roll them up. Eventually the sea opens up right when you run out of units with MP left. So no breakthrough but advancing 4 hexes per turn is all you need really as the railhead doesn't go any faster anyway. Your pixel-Krauts are a bit behind schedule but I'm not taking any chances. I learned my lesson at Pskov!

Re Dnepr, nah am not that devious to leave them on purpose to psych you out, despite my username [:D] I simply ran out of rail cap.
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Strategic sacrifices aren't devious mate nor was I implying you were being so!
All's I meant is you have the luxury to sacrifice some indsutry over other priorities hence the running out of rail cap and laving the industry for me to plop some panzers next to it

Anyways atleast AGN is solid enough and I don't see it being possible of you pushing me back over the Dnepr and I am obviously railing everything spare to the centre anyways eventually the numbers should help supplment and overcome my bewilderment

If I don't focus on somehow making you lose more manpower though I will be spent by 42
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

If possible, try to zoom enough for the screenshots so the CVs are visible. Makes the situations easier to read and maybe also comment on when the front isn't just a brown/gray blob.

This AAR is interesting reading, I wish Hitler and Stalin would have had same kind of sportmanship against each other as you guys do :D
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

We are playing without a delay mate and on a basis of trust so I will try to show CV where I can and Psych0 can do what he feels comfortable with too but I don't want to show my fuel levels on corps and CV of reservists and such and I am very sure Psych0 will feel the same

However I will try to be more liberal with the information I show and to try to give you guys more detailed descriptions of any interesting actions instead of a big bland picture of one front aslong as it does not completely gimp me the turn afterwards
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

SparkleyTits meet Zhukov, Zhukov meet Sparkleytits ;-}[/b]

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Barely over 60k kills.......

Feeling constantly deflated so I'll just this one screenshot for Leningrad

German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
HardLuckYetAgain

Yeah I took absolutely no chances and put everything I could muster into the fight there 2 extra divisions of mine in reservess activated I got the fort down to 44% so it is at 39CV now I think and next turn I will be able to get a stronger force as a few good units did not have the 9 mp needed this turn

It is more the centre mate I am just dumbfounded by your defence I have no idea how I am supposed to overcome it, it more efficient compared to how I defend it myself personally with almost 400 hours of Russian multiplayer under my belt and I am just so inefficient as Axis I definitely am not focusing enough punching power into but that is just because I am terrified of even trying and falling on my face anyways

The 2nd PzG has gone around your defence to the south as it had HQBU last turn you *Shouldn't* be able to pocket it hopefully you would be off by 1 hex if I calculated correctly for once

I am also over the Dnepr near Cherkassy and have panzers posted outside both the industry at D-town and the other one on the east side of the Dnepr but I fully imagine you did it on purpose as pose 0% threat to your industrially

My advice Sparkley is not to rush it. I bet your infantry were fatigued. Were they there before you started your attack? Rest them for a turn. Get a like commander, cough Model, cough cough Model to offset the leader bonuses. Once you have your infantry rested (under 10 fatigue and your 90+ infantry) do a HQ buildup the turn prior to their attack with the Inf Corps (insures high mp's) and have a Armor Corps set in reserve. Plus get your air force sorted out. I'm sure you are aware you flew with no fighter coverage on your bombers.

Too many Germans rush their attack, and most of the time the Germans are Fatigued. Just my 2 cents. (I haven't read forward so sorry if someone else posted the same)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Yes Psych0 is sending no airframes to stop my recon or fighters over most of Russia for the moment so I get the run of the skys almost everywhere which made me lax in my attention to the fact he had fighters there and did not even notice until after the attack if I am honest but I shall be paying more attention from now on

I should be ok I would guess I had around 200CV this turn to his 70CV if I remember correctly?
Next turn I should be able to hopefully push to 240CV under similar circumstances and he will struggle to reach 70CV again because of his fort level and sappers not working
I did have model in one of the corps already but no idea what dictates who ends up taking overall command if there is a way I can manipulate that?
Also if I use divisions in the same army do I get no command penalty when fighting as I notice there is no -16% in this picture etc?

I'll start posting more detailed reports of my ongoings wherever possible from now on so I can get more help for my mistakes

HardLuckYetAgain

Yes Psych0 is sending no airframes to stop my recon or fighters over most of Russia for the moment so I get the run of the skys almost everywhere which made me lax in my attention to the fact he had fighters there and did not even notice until after the attack if I am honest but I shall be paying more attention from now on

I should be ok I would guess I had around 200CV this turn to his 70CV if I remember correctly?
Next turn I should be able to hopefully push to 240CV under similar circumstances and he will struggle to reach 70CV again because of his fort level and sappers not working
I did have model in one of the corps already but no idea what dictates who ends up taking overall command if there is a way I can manipulate that?
Also if I use divisions in the same army do I get no command penalty when fighting as I notice there is no -16% in this picture etc?

I'll start posting more detailed reports of my ongoings wherever possible from now on so I can get more help for my mistakes

I find it that if you move an HQ the leader that is in a HQ that didn't move will run the battle. Did Models HQ move? Which HQ had the majority of the attackers? Also if you did a leadership substitute to a HQ the other HQ that is involved in the battle will be used. That is what I have noticed & not sure if it is true or not. But I always take a turn or two to prepare. German 85+ Infantry fully rested are "deadly" imho.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

I find it that if you move an HQ the leader that is in a HQ that didn't move will run the battle. Did Models HQ move? Which HQ had the majority of the attackers? Also if you did a leadership substitute to a HQ the other HQ that is involved in the battle will be used. That is what I have noticed & not sure if it is true or not. But I always take a turn or two to prepare. German 85+ Infantry fully rested are "deadly" imho.

This is interesting... worth experimenting..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I'll experiment with HQ's to see if I can force Model to lead and I will rest if things don't seem likely to go my way

Cheers
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

That is just what I have "noticed" to happen. But yes if someone does the experiment I would like to know too. But from my experience that is normally the case when it happens.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

That is just what I have "noticed" to happen. But yes if someone does the experiment I would like to know too. But from my experience that is normally the case when it happens.

Now that you have framed an hypothesis.. it will be much easier now to understand constraints and parameters... moved more than X hexes? Moved with fatigue > Y? Moved and all other HQ’s have better fatigue. Less SU ? (I doubt all these other questions but as we now noticed the question HQ moved players might post a picture or 2 where something was different ) over time we will gain confidence...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Ok so in order for a more immersive and involving AAR I am going to test putting up more detailed descriptions of my AAR and trust that Psych0 will be an honourable opponent
If however it starts to badly impact my game then I will either put on a delay or stop doing so entirely

Now with the nitty gritty out of the way onto the war!!

First of here is the OOB so far

SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Psych0 is finally pulling his airframes out of reserve which means I have finally been able to start my air war properly on the northern and southern fronts
The centre around Moscow is still a no fly zone for now unfortunately

Return to “After Action Reports”