New Patch Available v1.21.04

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Daniele

New Patch Available v1.21.04

Post by Daniele »

Hi All,

We have a new version of Empire in Arms for you to try out. It is available here

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR V1.21.04: This version introduces new data files and setup files for the 1805 Grand Campaign. During this transition, older games likely will not work. Zipped backup files for old data files and setups is added, but players should also backup any custom data files and setups from prior versions. Renaming the old eianw001.ged and eianw001.tpj files to some other number (e.g., 011) may work and may allow older games in progress to continue. However, players are strongly advised to install a new and separate version of the game and upgrade to v1.21.04. Please do not use data file numbers 003 and 004, as these are being reserved for future data files for the 1812 Grand Campaign.

Version 1.21.04
• 0000541: [Rules Deviation] Incorrect interpretation of separate peace in the game - resolved.
• 0000576: [Game Bug] Enemy Depot in City blocks occupation - resolved.
• 0000646: [Game Enhancement] AAR battle marker - closed.
• 0000759: [Game Enhancement] Instead of an AAR battle marker, simply indicate number of factors involved in a battle in the log - resolved.
• 0000811: [Game Bug] Forces in city and out of city somehow switched - resolved.
• 0000839: [PBEM Enhancement] PBEM Admin Menu for Minor Country Diplomacy - closed.
• Resolved game bug with port guns firing without enemy garrison present.
• Resolved game bug with naval attack upon enemy fleets in a blockade box.
• Added political shading on/off toggle for main map based on mini-map selection.
• Added additional checks for besieged cities using sea supply to verify no blockades.
• Resolved AI enhancement to restrict risky British and Russian amphib invasions into France and Holland prior to 1813.
• Resolved game bug with display of naval unit factors for heavy fleets with both heavy and light ships.
• Resolved map data bugs with duplicate sea Area3 near Sveaborg that should be Area700, and duplicate land Area253 near Sevastopol that should be Area252.
• Resolved game bug with path and opening files related to loading PBEM gamestart file.
• Resolved player view mode bug in PBEM.
• Resolved PBEM Admin Menu bug setting wars with minors.
pzgndr

RE: New Patch Available v1.21.04

Post by pzgndr »

Yes, we finally have a new official patch. The last official patch was v1.08.07 six years ago, and there have been lots of improvements and enhancements. Please dust off Empires in Arms and give the latest version a try. Enjoy!

Here is the full change log since v1.08.07:

Version 1.21.04
• 0000541: [Rules Deviation] Incorrect interpretation of separate peace in the game - resolved.
• 0000576: [Game Bug] Enemy Depot in City blocks occupation - resolved.
• 0000646: [Game Enhancement] AAR battle marker - closed.
• 0000759: [Game Enhancement] Instead of an AAR battle marker, simply indicate number of factors involved in a battle in the log - resolved.
• 0000811: [Game Bug] Forces in city and out of city somehow switched - resolved.
• 0000839: [PBEM Enhancement] PBEM Admin Menu for Minor Country Diplomacy - closed.
• Resolved game bug with port guns firing without enemy garrison present.
• Resolved game bug with naval attack upon enemy fleets in a blockade box.
• Added political shading on/off toggle for main map based on mini-map selection.
• Added additional checks for besieged cities using sea supply to verify no blockades.
• Resolved AI enhancement to restrict risky British and Russian amphib invasions into France and Holland prior to 1813.
• Resolved game bug with display of naval unit factors for heavy fleets with both heavy and light ships.
• Resolved map data bugs with duplicate sea Area3 near Sveaborg that should be Area700, and duplicate land Area253 near Sevastopol that should be Area252.
• Resolved game bug with path and opening files related to loading PBEM gamestart file.
• Resolved player view mode bug in PBEM.
• Resolved PBEM Admin Menu bug setting wars with minors.

Version 1.21.03
• Resolved some access violation errors introduced with v1.21.02 code development that necessitated a new version build.
• Resolved a screen resolution issue for displaying combat results on smaller (laptop) screens.
• Resolved several issues with AI builds, reinforcements and placing new corps units.
• Added new data files (.ged and .tpj) and setups for a Classic 1805 Campaign based on EiA v3.1 (eianw001) and for an Alternate 1805 Campaign based on EiH v4.0 (eianw002).
• Added zipped backup files for old data files and setups (players should also backup any custom data files and setups from prior versions).

Version 1.21.02
• 0000173: [Rules Deviation] Creating the Conf of the Rhine is wrong PP calculated - resolved.
• 0000531: [Game Enhancement] Cannot remove a depot with a depot garrison on it - closed.
• 0000636: [Game Bug] Game does not award defender of siege battle +1 PP if the attacker does not win - closed.
• 0000660: [Minor UI Bugs/Enhancements] Change color of the box in the top left corner of a besieging force to black (same as blockading fleet) - resolved.
• 0000736: [Minor Rules Deviation] Artillery casualties not being applied before battle die rolls - resolved.
• 0000740: [Rules Deviation] Winter movement option not working as it should - resolved.
• 0000766: [Game Bug] Combat die roll modifiers can be shown to be +2 - resolved.
• 0000819: [AI Enhancement] AI Garrisons - resolved.
• 0000827: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds for free states - resolved.
• 0000828: [AI Enhancement] AI never fights a second day of combat - resolved.
• 0000830: [AI Enhancement] AI never commits guard - resolved.
• 0000840: [Rules Deviation] Update manual to note that while morale is shown to 100th decimal, it is rounded to the 10th decimal - closed.
• 0000852: [Rules Deviation] Confederation of the Rhine PPs - resolved.

Version 1.21.01
• 0000043: [PBEM Enhancement] Show money given from myself to other powers – resolved.
• 0000235: [UI Bug] City of Straslund in S.Pomerania should be named Stralsund – resolved in map.
• 0000246: [UI Bug] Pomerania (Pommerania) spelled wrongly – resolved in new data files.
• 0000272: [Game Bug] In multi-player (no AI) PBEM Log describes "Country X to Country Y Relations better, Nuisance Rating Cleared" – resolved.
• 0000720: [Game Bug] Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 – resolved in new data files.
• 0000722: [Rules Deviation] Syrian Cavalry at start up should be 6 factors instead of 5 – resolved in new data files.
• 0000723: [Rules Deviation] Syrian Cavalry at start up should be 6 factors instead of 5 – resolved in new data files.
• 0000767: [Game Bug] Depot and city garrison have incorrect leadership rating displayed – resolved in new data files.
• 0000781: [AI Bug] French corps at Paris chose withdraw (which should not have happened) – resolved.
• 0000810: [PBEM Bug] In-game editor does not allow removal of leaders - resolved.
• 0000814: [Rules Deviation] Unable to increase Austrian depots in game editor – resolved in new data files.
• 0000818: [AI Enhancement] AI Bonuses - resolved.
• 0000820: [AI Enhancement] AI DOWs on Minor Countries – resolved.
• 0000821: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds and Money for Supply – resolved.
• 0000824: [AI Enhancement] AI Ship Building – resolved.
• 0000837: [Rules Deviation] 1.8.07 rules on Guerillas deviate from how they play in the game – closed.
• 0000846: [Game Bug] Lend money to Major Power - resolved.

Version 1.21.00 (03/01/14)
• Added ice display. When sea areas are iced over during winter, we are now filling the area in with a light gray shading. – resolved.
• Added land stack movement. This can be done by simply holding down the CTRL key AFTER selecting a unit in the stack then clicking the destination area while still holding the CTRL key. – resolved.
• Added home nation shading on large map. This shading is a cross hatch pattern which gives a little more darkness to it. – resolved.
• Fixed Victory screen alignment issues with larger screens. - resolved.
• Fixed memory issue that could cause stack movement to not work in certain situations. - resolved.
• Fixed issue that was locking cursor into move mode with a unit counter outline. - resolved.
• Fixed issue with AI surrender calculations. It was improperly evaluating forces on map versus enemy forces when trying to decide to sue for peace. Bottom line is that the AI will probably surrender a little earlier to save their forces. – resolved.

Version 1.20.04 (03/24/14)
UI Enhancement
• More maps in higher screen resolution.
• Space filler panel added into bottom right of screen, which fills in all unused space on larger screens, and shows flag of current nation.
Game Bug
• Can now Initiate Naval Combat when trying to lift a blockade (from outside)
• Fixed Blockade intercepts following different rules to open sea intercepts
• Issues with Garrison Limit Reached resolved.
• AI Taking ALL Cav losses on break for that round resolved.
• AI is no longer too generous giving away minors.
Game Enhancement
• Newer compiler used.
• Editor is now properly adding new leaders.
• Several images in game updated.
• Documentation Updated.
Rules Deviation
• Trivial battles preventing reinforcement attempts resolved.

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
wlarson730

Post by wlarson730 »

What happened to light fleets? I had a HD crash and reinstalled the game with this patch and light fleets appear to have been deleted from the game.
Bill Larson
Alice Springs, NT, AU
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: wlarson730
What happened to light fleets? I had a HD crash and reinstalled the game with this patch and light fleets appear to have been deleted from the game.

Light fleets are still in the game! But... there are now two separate campaigns, the classic EIA scenario (without light fleets and transports) and the alternate EIH scenario.

In the updated manual in \Data\docs, section 5.3 now has separate campaign setup information. The goal was to provide players a choice. Enjoy!
Bill Macon
Pans

Post by Pans »

we are running a seven Player PBEM game using the alternate EiH Scenario just finishing the March 1806 eco Phase.
Everything is fine so far. We discovered some minor issues:
the loan Money bug between MP´s is still there
a loan unit bug -> cossack unit loaned to Austria is after combat loss in the Austrian army rooster
the admin cann´t move ships into Harbour of conquered minors or freestates

Question: how to display the map in fullscreen. I heard that there should be a key to turn off the upper and lower info lines

so far
Andreas
Pans

Post by Pans »

ah - I forgot to mention that the Corps size of the minors within the alternate EiA Scenario are not equal to the tables. e.g. Persia have only two Corps
The order of battle on the yahoo page for Persia has:-

3 Inf Corps with 10 Inf each (morale 2.0)
2 Cav corps with 10 Cav each (morale 2.5)

what I have are;-
2 Inf corps with 15 Inf and 10 Cav each all with morale 2.0

So I have the same total but less corps and lower morale.

I also checked Poland and it is listed as:-

2 Inf Corps with 16 Inf, 2 Cav each (morale 3.5/4.0)
1 Guard Corps with 4 Gd, 12 Inf, 4 Cav (morale 5.0/3.5/4.00
1 Cav Corps with 6 Cav (morale 4.0)
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Pans, your pbem game is using the official v1.21.04 patch or the more recent v1.22.00 beta that I posted below for pbem test? I did make some other changes to hopefully resolve that loan money bug.

I have several loaned unit bugs on the To Do list that I'd like to get to. I can add the admin move of ships to the list.

Not sure about any key to display map in fullscreen? This is something for your properties settings for windowed or fullscreen mode probably.

And I will see what happened with the alternate EIH Persian and Polish setups. Editing those data files and getting changes to stick has been a problem. I think maybe I could not change those corps but edited the forces as best I could? I can circle back one of these days but I'm reluctant to mess with those data files with games in progress. If I can make improvements with the 1812 scenarios that I plan to work on, then I'd apply changes to the campaign files.

BTW, I hope to get back to some EIA code development shortly. The past couple of months have been busy, and my game time was spent working on my Advanced Third Reich mod for Strategic Command. But that's done for now and it's time to shift gears back to EIA.
Bill Macon
Pans

Post by Pans »

thanks Bill for your quick Response.
We are using the official v1.21.04 for our PBEM game (David W. and Brian C.) are Players and I am host.
We think about to uügrade to v1.22.00 beta. Do you plan an official release shortly?
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

I had planned to work on more bug fixes, enhancements and the 1812 scenario for the next official release. But I could work on an earlier release this fall and delay some stuff for another update later.

For lack of playtesters (volunteers anyone?), I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any small pbem group trying the 1.22.00 beta I posted with the loan money fixes to verify that works, before I put together another official release package. Really, even a small pbem group with some AI players just to quickly [as quickly as possible] run through an economic cycle or two to verify loan money and anything else new would be helpful feedback. Else, I can shoot for an earlier release and hope for the best. Thoughts?

Update 10/19/2017: I have a window of time over the next two weeks to do EIA code development. So I will try to wrap up what I have for v1.22.01 and release the .exe file as a semi-official patch, which does not need Matrix to prepare a comprehensive installer. I'm starting a new job on November 6 so I doubt I will have much free time for a while. But as I can, I plan to continue work on other enhancements and the 1812 scenario leading toward a new comprehensive patch, probably in Spring 2018.
Bill Macon

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”