NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Psych0

RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

Post by Psych0 »

OK, the screenies before I start my Soviet T3. First the Pskov area. First impressions is that it doesn't feel that I must retreat from those nice positions.

Sparkles, please note that Courland won't convert to Axis territory until you take the port (Ventspils).

Attachments
T3DavePskov.jpg
T3DavePskov.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 119 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Also around Vitebsk no critical threat. I might stay here too if I can strengthen the area west of VL.
PS: Axis rail converted up to and including Rokiskis this turn, so rapidly approaching. If I stay it'll probably only be this turn.

Attachments
T3DaveVitebsk.jpg
T3DaveVitebsk.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 119 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Big pocket of stragglers in Pripyat marshes. I was hoping against hope to get those to safety. Not to be. But no move towards the Dnepr at all except further south in direction of Gomel.

Attachments
T3DavePripyatDnepr.jpg
T3DavePripyatDnepr.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 119 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Time to get behind the Dnepr in the south...

Attachments
T3DaveKiev.jpg
T3DaveKiev.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 119 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

I'm surprised with the lack of Axis advance in the far south though, where the supply situation is best. I'll be able to evac LOTS of industry...

Attachments
T3DaveOdessa.jpg
T3DaveOdessa.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 119 times
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Thanks for the tips mate I will clear out courtland I did not know it would not change.
Thanks for the Shift K advice too I did not know that will help a lot

I will start post my own screenshots beginning next turn fella

Good luck on your turn
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

A really odd thing happened south of Proskurov. See that single row of Soviet controlled hexes? That allows the Lvov pocket to regain a route back into supply. No hope of escaping but another turn they can be annoying there.

Not much need for unit rail transport this turn, so I evacuated all Arm+HI factories from Mogilev, Kirovograd and Odessa plus most from Nikolaev. Not giving the Krauts a thing!

Lastly, I decided to give Sparkles a chance to fight west of VL. Just hope he won't be able to break through. Also planning to defend Odessa. Such a nice ring of level 2-3 fortifications! I just hope I can evacuate those units to the Crimea once it gets too iffy in Odessa.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

The Soviet Pskov defense looks very formidable .. I see that the Lake Pskov bridgehead is covered .. as well as the avenues below the Sorot river ..
It will be interesting if you picked out the best units for this role ...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Yes I have brought up some of my highest morale units and put them in 2 corps to AGN one under Model and Manstein will either go to the other or a panzer corp depending on what and when is needed
I did try to formulate a plan last turn on what to do about AGN but we shall see if it works next turn

If it is anything like every other move I have done so far I will fall firmly on my inexperienced face :)
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Ok unfortunately I didn't remember to print screen until I had already done AGN & AGC so I thought seen as it is best for us both doing to AAR's at the beginning of our turns it would be pointless to just show AGS

Anyhows in the centre my turn was the same usual nothing but I have managed to clean up the pockets and finally start my infantry moving and set up to move towards Gomel next turn hopefully now I can start moving although the centre is rather sparse of punching force so I imagine until I refocus and formulate a better strategy there it will be vert slow going

In the south I have made some ground and tried to leave myself with 2 avenues of attack depending on what Psych0 does but him opening the pocket with a line of 6 hexes 1 hex wide was annoying but I tried not to let it slow me down. Hopefully he did not set TOE low so they got reinforcements but still it is a paltry prize for my constant mistakes

The north however I would of loved to have shown you the screen shots of as is a rather devastating affair for Psych0 he left the little defensive hinge hex NW of Pskov undefended and as I planned to transfers a corp from 3rd panzer to 4th panzer if I could not penetrate the centre which I could not meant that Manstein the glorious gentleman that he is has penetrated incredibly far but you will have to wait for Psych0s screenshots to see the effect
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Auch that sounds ominous in the north. Will inspect the damage tonight. Good job Sparkles!

And re TOE in pockets... max set at 20% for all so no wasted reinforcements mate [:'(]
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I assumed you would of :(
I just broke up one division and shipped all the rest east so it should not make much of a difference ultimately

Yes I managed to make it to Divenskaya NW on Novgorod I am eager to see how you react bud

Good luck on your turn fella
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Oh, noooooo! Disaster. I feel like an utter NOOB. Oh, wait a minute, I am! Ah well, no worries, who needs Leningrad [X(]

On the other fronts, no progress whatsoever so no need for screenies. Will Sparkles surprise me there next turn...

Attachments
T4DaveNorth.jpg
T4DaveNorth.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 116 times
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

holy moly. the 4th panzerarmee must be on Steroides.:)

well, that is the Problem with a single line defense. one weak spot is enough to ruin your day. i realy recommand the guide "the defense of russia beginns at pskov" from hardluck here for your next game.:)
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I messed up unfortunately the ones that reached so far are formerly of the 3rd panzer I should of broken through with them and then advanced with the 2 corps from the 4th and I would of had the full 50MP from Pskov I would of been able to cut off from reinforcements in it's entirety and sealed Leningrads fate in one a few easily dealt with turn but alas playing Axis for the first time is like learning all over again and my mistakes are massive and constant
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

In my gut I knew it wasn't wise to stay so close to those panzer concentrations. The 40+ CV stack west of Pskov was clearly not enough. Ah well, saves me hurting my brain about Leningrad and losing a lot of units in the process. Most industry evacuated. Good lesson. Did you use any HQ BU for this Sparkles?
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Psych0

Ah well, no worries, who needs Leningrad [X(]

Have you taken all your industry out of Leningrad?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Yup, except for some Armaments and a few KV1. All the rest is gone. No spoils for the Krauts [:D]
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I am afraid you will have to find that out for yourself fella until I have finished my next turn then I will let you know what I did :)

You will have to send units next to my hungry fuel guzzlers to find out for now!
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Yeah I imagined industrially it would be of no big gain for me as I am doing awfully everywhere else so you can easily just ship out the north industry and likely lose little elsewhere for doing so with me doing so badly

Return to “After Action Reports”