AI Upgrades

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Montbrun

AI Upgrades

Post by Montbrun »

I've recently re-discovered WitPAE, and I'm playing DBB-A, Scenario 29, Patch 1126a, Allied vs. Japanese AI

Is there any way to force the AI to upgrade it's ships (not convert)?

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
BBfanboy

RE: AI Upgrades

Post by BBfanboy »

You have the option of setting automatic upgrades, but I am not sure if doing this after game start will lock the AI into it.
I would switch to "Head to Head" mode before loading the saved game on the last day of the month.
When you finish doing your side and run the turn, the game will give you control of the other side for the first day of the month.
Set the enemy upgrades to happen (for everything disbanded in port) and run the turn.
Unless the port is overloaded already (or the ship expended ops points on something like fuelling), the ships should begin their upgrades during the turn execution.
Save the turn and exit to the main screen where you can switch back to playing just your own side before reloading the turn.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

The computer side will upgrade it's ships but it will not do any ship conversions.

Alfred
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Thanks, all.

In my game, the AI wasn't upgrading it's ships. After some trial and error with Shipyard sizes, I figured it out how to make it work with Head-to-Head..

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

It will upgrade, but it greatly depends upon a large number of factors. There has to be an excess of ship type against the AI requirements. In the early war for either side, that doesn't occur unless the ship is in for battle damage. As this is consistent with the historical outcome, I think the devs did a good job here.

Yes, you can force upgrades in H2H, but you need to be careful that you don't mess up an AI script by doing so.
Pax
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Yeah, I may have messed up the scripting by doing that. The Jap AI seems to be dead now. I'm going to start a new game (ugh), and see what happens.

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

Yeah, I may have messed up the scripting by doing that. The Jap AI seems to be dead now. I'm going to start a new game (ugh), and see what happens.

Brad
Sorry. [:(]

I've written many posts through the years about helping the AI. search for them. (If you're not o good with the forum search, google search the forum) There is a lot you can do. I use those items as I have written them and get GOOD games well into '44. I'm working on a derivation of Ironman and hope to see late '45 with it.
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”