Last turn of Axis`Decisive Victory in PbEM++ V 1.08

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Sugar

Last turn of Axis`Decisive Victory in PbEM++ V 1.08

Post by Sugar »

Image[/img]

As I learnt recently, my Allied opponents won`t be able to watch Axis` last turn, so I wanted to show what`s happened.

The date is the 27. of sept. 1942, I also have been able to finish the game earlier. In this case there was no reason to hurry, Axis` power was too overwhelming.

After conquering Warsaw, Paris, Kairo, Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moskau London is the only missing objective, and after occupying it and ending the turn the game also ends immediately.

The Allied landing in France didn`t change anything, since it wasn`t able to reach Paris before war was over. The only way to stop the Axis from taking London is by destroying the Luftwaffe or preventing her from eliminating Londons defending unit (or to destroy every Fallschirmjäger).

Possible Axis strategy:

Germany is leading in tech from the start, and with its limits in production capacity I try to keep the advantage by focussing on research, except the maritime branch for obvious reasons: the Axis doesn`t need any ship to win the war. I changed my proceeding slightly by skipping AT-research, these units aren`t worth the effort imho.

Next point is income: to increase Axis`income and force capabilities it`s necessary to find some additional Allie, for operational reasons and 2. point I prefer Spain. This can be achieved in 2 ways: early investment in Diplo, or taking Algier after creating Vichy and invite Franco into the Axis (recently learnt: if french NM drops to 0, it`s possible to get whole France without creating Vichy; in this case one has to send a german unit to Algier to be able to invite Franco).

After the fall of France the Axis has only 1 enemy left until Barbarossa, and the SU is not allowed to invest into
influencing Spain, so the superior Axis influence will succeed in the end if they manage to keep US out of war as long as needed.

2 other possible diplo-targets are Sweden and Turkey, but Sweden itself is not able to produce a tank, and it lacks the operational advantages of Spain or Turkey.

Proceeding:

Depending on the behavior of my opponent, I try to buy a maritime bomber and 1 HQ for Fall Weiss, but with the possible total blockade of the norwegian convoy I prefer spending my MPPs into research.

Italy sends all her armies, 2 HQs and the Ariete to Libya. The airforce is placed in Sicily to protect the RM.

After the fall of France I´m operating german bombers, the Fallschirmjäger and 1 HQ to Sicily to attack Malta and Tunesia. The fighters just walk their way down.

To prepare for Barbarossa I´m trying to buy all bombers, tanks, HQs and fighters (in this order) before the DAK-event occurs. This way it`s possible to extend german force limits in tanks, tac. bombers and fighters by 1 each. This won`t work posibly in any case...

After the fall of Malta and Tunesia, most of the Luftwaffe walks to Libya to secure Axis victory in Afrika and MiddleEast. Depending on the situation, some units and the paras are used to conquer Algeria, Vichy-France, Greece or Barbarossa.

With Spain as Allie, german income will increase rapidly. I use the MPPs to buy all the missing units for their minors.

Return to “After Action Reports”