Efficeinecy of the "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues "

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Filitch

Efficeinecy of the "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues "

Post by Filitch »

In this message fb.asp?m=4357743, mikmyk pointed out that "no less than 8 or 10 requests that contained Filitch's username have been completed over the past year" but it is not. And since my fair name is touched, I would like to use facts to refute this statement.

This is list of all my requests in thread "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues" tm.asp?m=3436106.

Summary:
total requests - 19
applied - 5 (1 partly)
not applied - 14

Details:

Range of the R-73
Carriers of Kh-31
Count of missiles in Kh-31 loadout for Su-27 family
fb.asp?m=4162216
not applied

Characteristics of active radar seekers of 3M54 and 3M14
fb.asp?m=4179569
not applied
moreover, in the DB guidance type of 3M14 is "Inertially guied". But in real life it same as 3M54 - "Inertial mid-course plus ARH terminal guidance"

SVP-24 Gefest at the Su-33
fb.asp?m=4181519
applied

Range of the 48N6E3
fb.asp?m=4202955
applied

OESM pods for Su-34plus
fb.asp?m=4245682
not applied

Characteristics of #4967 - Bull Nose MGK-335EM-03 Zarya-3
fb.asp?m=4268949
not applied

Radar on the 2235.0
fb.asp?m=4279415
not applied

Characteristics of active radar seeker of P-800 (SS-N-26)
fb.asp?m=4283839
not applied

Characteristics of active radar seekers of Kh-59 and Kh-35
fb.asp?m=4284474
not applied

number of posts about overestimated RCS of 22350 and 20380
fb.asp?m=4289672
fb.asp?m=4289675
fb.asp?m=4289874
not applied

RCS of 3M14
fb.asp?m=4291533
applied.
RCS was decreased, but curiously - RCS of RGM-109 was decreased too. From 0,22 to 0,11 sqm. And still twice less than 3M14.

armor for Ka-52, Mi-8ATMSH, Ka-50, Mi-28
fb.asp?m=4292143
not applied

Count of missiles in Kh-31 loadout for Su-27 family
fb.asp?m=4307276
not applied

additional data to the request on Alexandrit-class (Project 12700)
fb.asp?m=4310875
not applied

Sonar "Vinyetka-ME" type
fb.asp?m=4320308
applied

refueling loadout for Su-33
fb.asp?m=4324541
not applied

Sukhoi-27 family (Su-30, Su-35S) crafts have no property "Supermanouverability". In same time such crafts as any version Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon (from 200X) have this property.
fb.asp?m=4328821
not applied

another request for count of missiles in Kh-31 loadout for Su-27 family
fb.asp?m=4330658
not applied

UGST to loadout of russian submarines
fb.asp?m=4341073
partly applied.

mikmykWS

RE: Efficeinecy of the "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues "

Post by mikmykWS »

Filitch
In this message fb.asp?m=4357743, mikmyk pointed out that "no less than 8 or 10 requests that contained Filitch's username have been completed over the past year" but it is not. And since my honest name is touched, I would like to use facts to refute this statement.

This is a list of all my requests in thread "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues" tm.asp?m=3436106.

Summary:
total requests - 19
applied - 5 (1 partly)
not applied - 14

Okay lets go with your count.

How many requests of yours do you think the team should have completed in the context of receiving hundreds of other requests from other users who are just as important? Are yours really of greater priority? Take a look at each release notes and count the number of entries and evaluate what's being done. Nobody else has complained about this.

Now on top of that how many times have you also accused us bigotry and Wester bias? Do I need post links? Do you think thats helped or harmed your cause? What about the latest "or else" post of yours? Helped?

I stepped in for Ragnar to complete the db work and keep up while he was busy doing whatever was necessary on his end. I did it because I wanted to help him and thought it would keep things moving and player's happy and had it for a year or so. Given 90 percent of the feedback I received I think I did okay. If you're part of the 10% that thinks I suck I'm real sorry about that.

My suggestion is reposting these in the db string with info to make it easy to implement or check the issue. Rag has already been great about handling your cross section issue and I'm sure will take up any other issue of yours with a priority that matches.

Thanks!

Mike
Filitch

RE: Efficeinecy of the "Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues "

Post by Filitch »

It's not about how much the team should handle requests.
It's only about your expression "no less than 8 or 10 requests have been completed." I show that this is not so.

About the help - I have repeatedly offered my services to the team. As a developer or as an expert for data processing.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Filitch

It's not about how much the team should handle requests.
It's only about your expression "no less than 8 or 10 requests have been completed." I show that this is not so.

About the help - I have repeatedly offered my services to the team. As a developer or as an expert for data processing.

This is your perception but it may not be the case. Regardless everybody does their best to complete db requests but has very real constraints. I'm very sorry you don't think people have done well.

Perhaps you're exactly the kind of help Ragnar needs. It would be interesting to see how'd you'd do in the same role with the same complaints and constraints.[:)]

Mike
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

Filitch,
Hate to say it friend. But based on your posts here, your requests would be the last one touched.
I get how you want Command "perfect", but your requests are probably less than 5% of total updates. Not everything you want can or should be done at your pace.

Try providing more than one source more than you have.

But chill on giving ultimatums.
Though I'm sure some of it comes from the language transition and culture.

Overall, the team does a GREAT job. BTW, yes you pay for Command but not a lot for what we get.
FTBSS

Post by FTBSS »

Mike, please allow me to thank you in your efforts to making this the best sim database I have ever experienced or even heard of. The teams response has been above and beyond what any reasonable supporter could expect or even hope for.

Bravo Zulu!!!
Filitch

Post by Filitch »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
Perhaps you're exactly the kind of help Ragnar needs. It would be interesting to see how'd you'd do in the same role with the same complaints and constraints.[:)]
Mike
Perhaps. I'll take offer for this job with pleasure. Feel free to contact me by PM or email.

rknoll
Thank you for advises and understanding.

And yet again. I think that CMANO team did a great job. The CMANO is a best of all time simulator of this kind. One of the main advantage of CMANO is realism. Once goal of my requests - to help make CMANO better and more realistic. Not more. May be I did it more emotional than it required. But some of inaccuracies I DB was breaking for my researches.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

We're working on some stuff. Can everyone have a little patience and not break our bones just yet.

Thanks [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”