DC : Community Project EDITOR questions

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Khanti

DC : Community Project EDITOR questions

Post by Khanti »

1. What are exactly consequences of disabling masterfile in scenario?

Unfortunately I can't see any documentation and disabling is a must if one need edit rules.
Even rulevar 906 can't be enabled without disabling masterfile (the one to remove showing reports when turn starts).
In fact you can actually change 906 from 0 to 1, but it will not work when master file is not disabled.

Another examples are rulevars 119/120/121 (XPs for combat). Default set is 10/3/0 which means nothing for pinned enemy and little for making them retreat. I like to have them as 9/6/3 so I need to disable master. But what is a loss when masterfile was disabled? Any advice?

2. What exactly will be imported by Import & Other Settings rules?

Are Gamevars the base for scenario like masterfile? Can all values of masterfile be imported by that rules without using masterfile, so one could later edit all?
Loc types, landscapes types, gamevars, map, units, SFTypes - what else masterfile has?
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
Khanti

RE: DC : Community Project EDITOR questions

Post by Khanti »

Where is an option to "set all units on map to full strength" or at least "set unit to match its model unit" ?
Would be helpful if all values in model units changes during scenario design.

I'm just testing 1:1 unit design from 1:5, so it will be helpful not to manually fix all units on map.
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

How to change stack limit on attacking (battles) from default 100 (50 per side)?

30) Hex Minimum StackMax
31) Attack Max Per Hexside
do not work alone, so probably need some other adjustment, but where?
═══
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

The advanced editor is basically unsupported (although I am writing here about it) and can be a bit cumbersome.

I think for what you want to do there are 2 options:

1. Make your own mastefile. You'd be forking. It frees you from any constraints but it is quite complicated. More info here: http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.ph ... ced_design

2. Use the 'quick hack' approach which i think is recommended in your case. See over here: http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.ph ... pting_hack
Bascially you will want to use the ExecSetRuleVar command to overwrite default values.

Keep in mind some of the VR libraries might already be changing some rulevars like for example 30,31 for the stack rules are overwritten by the VR Basic Library in the Scale Type event (you can use advanced editor to inspect the code).

So for example here best would be to use the 'quick hack' approach to change the rulevars once again at a later stage in the chain like in 'Round events' or by changing the z priority value of the event to a negative number.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Is there in ComPro a possibility to set probability of troop replacements as in ATG, DC series?
What I see is "number" table, when I can set any number, but how to tell game this is probability chance of troops arrival?

/string tables/
═══

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”