urban hexes newbie

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

tonyscrase

urban hexes newbie

Post by tonyscrase »

I seem to remember reading that there is a penalty for motorized and armour units attacking urban hexes but i cant find the relevant rule

is there a penalty and what is it.

has anyone any tips on attacking urban hexes (moscow and lenningrad)

THANK YOU
tyronec

RE: urban hexes newbie

Post by tyronec »

Have you got the 'condensed rules': tm.asp?m=4083700

There are many effects - defender result bonus, more reserve activations, less 'out of supply' minuses, more SU's, Armour/Infantry modification for dense terrain; and I've probably missed some.
So be prepared for a hard assault and isolate first if well defended.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
mrchuck

RE: urban hexes newbie

Post by mrchuck »

Use plenty of infantry and keep your arm and mots out of it. If you can't isolate them, think about doing something else. e.g. if you can fight your way to Sviritsa you'll isolate Leningrad and incidentally unleash the Finns, well worth doing for winter 1 if you can pull it off, ~200 miles of front held by winterised troops...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”