Trains not providing transport capacity bug

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Saros

Trains not providing transport capacity bug

Post by Saros »

Hey Vic,

I have been having a bit of an odd issue in an ongoing multiplayer game I took over (latest steam version whatever that is). Despite having a large amount of trains they are providing basically no transport capacity. I don't think its because of them shuttling stuff around between turns and I have a second hand report from another player that it happened to them in another game.

Link to the savefile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byiy4 ... 1JsdjZ5ejg

Thanks!
Vic

RE: Trains not providing transport capacity bug

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting, I hope I have time to figure it out before leaving office for a week.

Just to be sure also please tell me the exact version number noted in the top-left of the main menu.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Just checked the savefile. Something is indeed weird.. According to the mouse over of railcap you started turn with 62300 railcap, which was completely used up using autoreinforcements (and returns).

Having been switching the TOEs maybee?

This sounds like a lot, but if you look at the logs you can see that there is a lot of heavy equipment like trucks being returned to SHQ for example.

Workaround to have some rail points left would be to be to set a railreserve to always save some points left for manual or strategic transfers. Its the exclamation button in the LOG -> SUP tab.

Also the player before you (Grandee) is playing with v2.21 and that could include an old bug with autoreinforce as well (and he is the one processing your turn).

Hope this gives you 2 leads will adress your issues. Upgrading version for that first player is defenitely a good idea.

Let me know.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Saros

Post by Saros »

Thanks Vic, Running v225c.

It was probably that as I took over from a different player and was doing some reshuffling. It persisted for several turns before I gave up and scrapped all my trains.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”