Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

Post new mods and scenarios here.
asl3d

Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

Post by asl3d »

Here you have the core of Heroes and Leaders mod.

Current release: Heroes and Leaders mod 10.1, from November 6, 2023

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

The main news contained in current release of Heroes and Leaders mod are:

Complete scenarios of Heroes and Leaders mod Historical Module "Vive la France"

New Units file

New Sprites file

New event file

Errata modifications and corrections
Last edited by asl3d on Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Semper fidelis
asl3d

RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

Post by asl3d »

These are the core installation instructions for Heroes and Leaders mod.
They can also be found in the file "readme.txt", which is included in the core of Heroes and Leaders mod.

1 - Make a new installation of Lock'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad in the folder "C:\Matrix Games\"

2 - Start the game and click on "Check for Update" to download the latest version of the game

3 - Download and unzip the document attached "Heroes and Leaders mod"

4 - Place all of the files into "C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\...”, on the corresponding folders.

Some files replace the original files of Heroes of Stalingrad. Although most files are new, including the complete folder "Heroes and Leaders mod".

In the PDF document "Tutorial" you can find the main news of "Heroes and Leaders mod", as well as some help for the game.
Semper fidelis
delta07d

Post by delta07d »

Awesome, great work. Cant wait for more! Played a few turns, a lot of fun.

Thanks!
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Thank you very much delta07d.
Now I am doing the second scenario of the historical module on Carentan.
This is the attack of the paratroopers of the 101st division, under Lieutenant Colonel Robert George Cole, against the Ingouf farm and the bridge over the Madeleine river of the road that links St. Come du Mont with Carentan, defended by the paratroopers of the 6th Fallschirmjäger-Division of Von der Heydte.
Semper fidelis
delta07d

Post by delta07d »

[&o]
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

The release 1.1 of Heroes and Leaders mod is already available in this same "threah", in the post # 1

The main news are:
1.- New terrains in the Terrain Excel file.
2.- Release of Scenario Brecourt Manor with the new terrains.
3.- Release of the Tutorial.
Semper fidelis
delta07d

Post by delta07d »

Very nice. Planning on adding some more units, like Panthers and Tiger tanks?
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

ORIGINAL: delta07d

Very nice. Planning on adding some more units, like Panthers and Tiger tanks?
Hello delta07d.
The idea that I have is to incorporate new units in each of the successive modules that will appear.
In the short term, I want to finish the scenarios of the historical module Carentan: Ingouf farm (immediate appearance), Carentan town, Kampfgruppe Ostendorff, and a final scenario, with all boards, which recreates the extension of Kampfgruppe Ostendorff.
The next historical module will be called BARRIKADI, which will recreate the fighting in the streets of Stalingrad, and where I will include a part of the units of the Soviet Union army (until 1942), as well as more units of the German army, including the Panzer III and Panzer IV.
The third historical module will be called OMAHA, which will include the main units of the United States Army that participated in the D-Day landings on June 6th in Normandy, including landing craft, A-T defences, Bunkers, ....
Step by step, the rest of the units and new armies will appear, such as the United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, .....

Attachments
barrikadi_1.jpg
barrikadi_1.jpg (41.64 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Semper fidelis
bgreen

Post by bgreen »

They can also be found in the file "readme.txt", which is included in the core of Heroes and Leaders mod.

1 - Make a new installation of Lock'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad in the folder "C:\Matrix Games\"

2 - Start the game and click on "Check for Update" to download the latest version of the game

4 - Place all of the files into "C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\...”, on the corresponding folders.

Some files replace the original files of Heroes of Stalingrad. Although most files are new, including the complete folder "Heroes and Leaders mod".

In the PDF document "Tutorial" you can find the main news of "Heroes and Leaders mod", as well as some help for the game.

Hi...Is it possible to give a little more detail in the above instructions re step 4. Really like the look of this but cant get it to work.

Thanks for your help. Regards Bruce
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

ORIGINAL: bgreen

Hi...Is it possible to give a little more detail in the above instructions re step 4. Really like the look of this but cant get it to work.

Thanks for your help. Regards Bruce

Hello Bruce.
Before starting with step 4, you have to make sure that your copy of "Lock'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad" in the folder "C: \ Matrix Games \" has the latest version of the game. To do this, you have to start the game and click on "Check for Update" to download the latest version of the game.

Regarding step 4, I detail what you have to do.

When you download and unzip the document "Heroes and Leaders mod" from the "Core of Heroes and Leaders mod", you have to copy all the files that are in this document in the folder and subfolders of the original game.

For example:
1.- You have to access the folder ".... \ Heroes and Leaders mod \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad \ art \ cards" of the "Core of Heroes and Leaders mod".
2. Copy all the files that are there. You will notice that most of the files are of the "paint.net Image" (TGA) type.
3.- Paste all these files in: "C: \ Matrix Games \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad \ art \ cards".
4.- The computer will request authorization to replace all the files in this folder, and you have to answer "yes".
Note: in this case it is a version of the existing cards made especially for this mod.

You have to proceed in the same way with the rest of the "Heroes and Leaders mod" folders. That is, now you access the folder ".... \ Heroes and Leaders mod \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad \ art \ panels", copies all the files that are there and paste them in "C: \ Matrix Games \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad \ art \ panels ".....

In all this process, whenever the computer asks you for authorization to replace the original files of the game with the new files, you confirm with "yes".

In addition, the folder containing the scenarios, counters, maps, etc., of "Heroes and Leaders mod" is in a completely new folder, which does not yet exist in the original game folders. In this case, only you have to copy the complete folder ".... \ Heroes and Leaders mod \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad \ Heroes and Leaders mod" and paste it directly into "C: \ Matrix Games \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad "

Keep in mind that you do not have to delete any file or folder of the original game, although now, some of them are no longer necessary. However, it is better that you do not erase anything. I.e., it is only necessary to replace those files that the computer specifically requests authorization.

Do not forget to also copy the files that are in the folder "root", ".... \ Heroes and Leaders mod \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad", especially the file "modules.dat", and paste it in "C: \ Matrix Games \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad ", and replace the original file.

Finally, other file that exists in the folder "root", ".... \ Heroes and Leaders mod \ Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad", is "HaL readme 20171110", which is a help to perform the installation, although much less detailed. In this sense, if this help that I am writing to you now is useful, then I will also include this text in the following update of "HaL readme ......"

I hope I've been useful.

Regards,

Semper fidelis
bgreen

Post by bgreen »

Thanks for that I will try with the new instructions shortly. Can I just clarify on the Matrix site there is Heros of Stalingrad Release 101 and there is a later beta update v1.10. So the correct version even though beta is v1.10?. I think I had the earlier version prior. Regards Bruce
bgreen

Post by bgreen »

Downloaded all zip files again... I think the problem was that I did not upgrade to the later beta v1.10. Also the instructions you provided are very clear.. thanks. Now I don't have any of the original scenario's though is that correct?
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Thanks for that I will try with the new instructions shortly. Can I just clarify on the Matrix site there is Heros of Stalingrad Release 101 and there is a later beta update v1.10. So the correct version even though beta is v1.10?. I think I had the earlier version prior. Regards Bruce
Hello Bruce
You do not need to search for a beta version of HoS.
Just click on the "Chech for Update" button in the boot menu.
I copy you an image.
Regards,

Attachments
Update.jpg
Update.jpg (182.07 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
Semper fidelis
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Downloaded all zip files again... I think the problem was that I did not upgrade to the later beta v1.10. Also the instructions you provided are very clear.. thanks. Now I don't have any of the original scenario's though is that correct?
Hello Bruce again.
I'm glad that everything worked finally.
Regarding the question about the original scenarios, what you suppose is “correct”.
Heroes and Leaders mod creates a layer that does not allow the original "Heroes of Stalingrad" scenarios to work. This does not mean that they have been lost. They are still in the program. But for the entire "Heroes and Leaders mod" interface to work, especially in the future, it is necessary to use a part of the original "Heroes of Stalingrad" system. In short, either you play with the original version of "Heroes of Stalingrad" or you play with "Heroes and Leaders mod".
For me, "Heroes of Stalingrad" is the best program I've seen so far. It has a very good software and allows creating a very convincing graphic environment. That is, the tools provided by the program allow many variants to be developed.
This is the reason for existing "Heroes and Leaders mod". A combination of "Heroes of Stalingrad" and the most famous board game "Advanced Squad Leader".
Regards,

Attachments
ASL.jpg
ASL.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
Semper fidelis
bgreen

Post by bgreen »

All working perfectly now.. thanks for you help and efforts in moving forward with more scenarios too.. .much appreciated and I look forward to the next series.. Thanks Bruce
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

The release 1.2 of Heroes and Leaders mod is already available in this same "threah", in the post # 1:

tm.asp?m=4354865#

The main news are:
1.- Adaptation of the Start Screen “gamemenu-LnL-HoS”
2.- New “HaL readme”
3.- Update Excel files: Events, Terrain, Units, and Sprites
4.- German crews, repaired
5.- All scenarios for Carentan historical module
6.- Two new vehicle Wrecks
7.- All maps for Carentan historical module
Semper fidelis
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Current leader ranks

Attachments
Currentleaderranks.jpg
Currentleaderranks.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
Semper fidelis
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

CAVALRY
While cavalry played a relatively minor role in WWII, it nonetheless saw action at one time or another with nearly every nationality that took part in that war. The exploits of German, Russian, and Polish cavalry are relatively well known, but little has been written concerning the battles fought by Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Finnish, Greek, or Japanese cavalry formations—to name only some of the belligerents that used horse soldiers. Of course, massed cavalry charges became less and less common as the war progressed, as the lethality of automatic weapons in well-sited defensive positions often caused the slaughter of both men and horses. Under the right conditions, however, and using more suitable tactics, cavalry units fought on in the Balkans and on the Eastern Front until the very cessation of hostilities. Therefore, cavalry is a valid adjunct of WWII infantry combat. Here is possible that any infantry unit to become cavalry by mounting a horse counter.
Any personnel unit that mounts a horse is considered qualified cavalry. Cavalry is any personnel unit riding a horse, and is symbolized by placing the personnel counter directly atop the horse counter. When the cavalry dismounts it is treated as Infantry with a separate horse counter.
Although cavalry should not be formally of vehicular nature, here it has been given VCA and spends MP, for which the horses are considered as a vehicle of transport more and the infantry that ride them are their riders. The rules for transport vehicles (trucks) are applied entirely for horses.
(Dis)mounting a horse counter costs for the infantry the same MFs as it does for a truck.
A horse unit is formed by an undetermined number of horses capable of carry 1 squad (or its equivalent), 2 SW (support weapon), and 2 SMC (single unit counter, such as medic, leader, or scout).
A horse unit is considered as if it were a halftrack, and has all its characteristics. Its movement capacity is 10 MP.
Although the vulnerability of horses is higher than that of trucks, and much greater than that of halftracks, however, this fact is not taken into account here, considering that their size of target, noticeably lower, compensates in a certain way , this handicap.
The horse unit also has an inherent crew, as in the case of vehicles. Its inherent crew are the soldiers who accompany and take care of the horses.

Attachments
cavalry_1.jpg
cavalry_1.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
Semper fidelis
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

BICYCLES

The Bicycles are represented bicycles counters, and each counter is considered as if it were a vehicle.

Is possible that any infantry unit to become bicyclist by mounting a bicycles counter.

Any personnel unit that mounts a bicycle is considered qualified bicyclist.

Bicyclists is any personnel unit riding a bicycle, and is symbolized by placing the personnel counter directly atop the bicycles counter.

When the bicyclist dismounts it is treated as normal infantry with a separate bicycles counter in de same hex.

Although bicycle should not be formally of vehicular nature, here it has been given VCA and spends MP, for which the bicycles are considered as a vehicle of transport more and the infantry that ride them are their riders.

The rules for transport vehicles (trucks) are applied entirely for bicycles.

(Dis)mounting a bicycle counter costs for the infantry the same MFs as it does for a truck.

A bicycles unit is formed by an undetermined number of bicycles capable of carry 1 squad (or its equivalent), 2 SW (support weapon), and 2 SMC (single unit counter, such as medic, leader, or scout).

A bicycles unit is considered as if it were a “road” vehicle, and has all its characteristics. Its movement capacity is 8R MP.

Although the vulnerability of bicycles is higher than that of trucks, and much greater than that of halftracks, however, this fact is not taken into account here, considering that their size of target, noticeably lower, compensates in a certain way , this handicap.

The bicycles unit also has an inherent crew, as in the case of vehicles. Its inherent crew are the soldiers who accompany and take care of the bicycles.

Attachments
HLBicyclist_1.jpg
HLBicyclist_1.jpg (51.74 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
Semper fidelis
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

MOTORBIKERS

The motorbikers are represented by counters with a mix of motorcycles and sidecars.

Each motorcycles counter is considered as if it were a vehicle.

Is possible that any infantry unit to become motorbikers by mounting a motorcycles counter.

Any personnel unit that mounts a motorcycles is considered qualified motorbikers.

The motorbikers is any personnel unit riding a motorcycle, and is symbolized by placing the personnel counter directly atop the motorcycles counter.

When the motorbikers dismounts it is treated as normal infantry with a separate motorcycles counter in de same hex.

Although motorcycles should not be formally of vehicular nature, here it has been given VCA and spends MP, for which the motorcycles are considered as a vehicle of transport more and the infantry that ride them are their riders.

The rules for transport vehicles (trucks) are applied entirely for motorcycles.

(Dis)mounting a motorcycles counter costs for the infantry the same MFs as it does for a truck.

A motorbikers unit is formed by an undetermined number of motorcycles capable of carry 1 squad (or its equivalent), 2 SW (support weapon), and 2 SMC (single unit counter, such as medic, leader, or scout).

A motorbikers unit is considered as if it were a “road” vehicle, and has all its characteristics. Its movement capacity is 25R MP.

Although the vulnerability of motorbikers is higher than that of trucks, and much greater than that of halftracks, however, this fact is not taken into account here, considering that their size of target, noticeably lower, compensates in a certain way , this handicap.

The motorcycles unit also has an inherent crew, as in the case of vehicles. Its inherent crew are the soldiers who accompany and guard of the motorcycles.

Attachments
HLMotorbikers_1.jpg
HLMotorbikers_1.jpg (52.63 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
Semper fidelis

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”