12.7mm Dshk HMG has 35% PoH for air targets

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cns180784

12.7mm Dshk HMG has 35% PoH for air targets

Post by cns180784 »

Just wondering why is this when so many other guns including KS-19's have a maximum of 4% PoH for air targets? how are these heavy machine guns so much more accurate? i'm very curious over this one.
Raptorx7_slith

RE: 12.7mm Dshk HMG has 35% PoH for air targets

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

Guys...we need saves.

You have literally told us nothing.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Theres' no save needed you just have to look it up in the database (CWDB).
Look up facility with country: North Vietnam -1975 and type AAA bty ks-19.
Then look up AAA bty 12.7mm Dshk and it will come up. Just look at those two and see if you can figure out why the ks-19's have only 4% PoH and the DshK has 35% bearing in mind that the ks-19s have a FCR to help direct their fire. Something else i noticed was how some AAA batteries that have optical gun sights have a 4% PoH and a ks-12 battery doesnt have them but has a 5% PoH.
Cik

Post by Cik »

KS-19 is an airburst flak gun, which has a notoriously bad accuracy unless deployed en masse with close coordination between guns. I'd wager the DSHK has a fire ceiling of ~5000 feet or something which makes it's PK 0% at above that range whereas the KS- can probably hit to at least ~25,000

keep in mind that the DSHK shots are still probably going to be below 10% due to moving target penalties against planes. as an AAA weapon they are still inferior to the KS- due to the very low engagement ceiling.

AFAIK of course, i haven't tested it.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Yea i see the range for the KS-19 is a lot better. I'll have a look through the ammo types and see if i can get vid clips on YouTube of these in action, thanks.
Cik

Post by Cik »

keep in mind that large batteries of these things are still effective. lowest you can go ingame on PK is 1% and so what you get with the KS-19 (at least in large numbers) is a barrage of golden BB attacks against anything that comes in to your range.

in addition they:

do not emit
are numerous, cheap, easy to service
annoying but not a priority for strikes and thus moderately survivable
give you a 1% chance to kill something instead of a 0%
make a big muzzle flash which looks probably pretty cool

i mean granted if i could pick a patriot or SA-10 system over them i would, but if it's nothing or the KS-19 give me the KS-19.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: Cik

keep in mind that large batteries of these things are still effective. lowest you can go ingame on PK is 1% and so what you get with the KS-19 (at least in large numbers) is a barrage of golden BB attacks against anything that comes in to your range.

in addition they:

do not emit
are numerous, cheap, easy to service
annoying but not a priority for strikes and thus moderately survivable
give you a 1% chance to kill something instead of a 0%
make a big muzzle flash which looks probably pretty cool

i mean granted if i could pick a patriot or SA-10 system over them i would, but if it's nothing or the KS-19 give me the KS-19.
Actually KS-19's do/can emit as they have Fire Can FCR's which is supposed to make their fire more accurate on top of scanning the skies for enemy a/c.
Coming from playing Falcon BMS i have been shot down once or twice by these guns and they do make a black splash in the air when they explode which brings me on to something else. You can have a flight on an AsuW ground patrol and they can come under fire from AAA that they havent spotted and even though they would be able to make out tracers to see where the fire is coming from (with some guns, or with the KS-19s see the splashes around them) the flight will carry on as if they're not being fired at which is frustrating and at some point that AAA will get lucky whilst all the time your flight have no idea they're there and that they're shooting.

Return to “Tech Support”