Bombur mod 1930

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ArmouredLion

RE: A modest proposal

Post by ArmouredLion »

There are a bunch of issues so far. Great mod, but this was a bit of a bumpy trial run. But I guess that's was this was about. At least Bombur is getting good feedback and the next game should be far smoother. I'm fine with halting it due to technical difficulties if the issues prove to be unfair. Might save me face from a beating that's coming.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yes you can tell something is wrong when the Rabbit is chasing the Fox. still hey ho the land war looks like fun.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey Tom, it didn't fully register when I read your post, but that's a lot of planes lost. I can decommission a couple to make it fair, or you can redo your turn and not waste the craft if you like.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

No need if they don't work then they are dead weight anyway, I will use them as recon and leave it for Bombur to put a fix in.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Okay, getting to the round now.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

20 November 1935

The Union is doing battle on the far left of the line with forces of the Eastern Empire. We are beginning to pull our forces together.

Our aircraft are beginning to gain experience.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

A combination of factors has convinced the Union government to surrender, but the citizens have decided to join the battle under the command of Nippon. All troops and resources of the Union have been transferred to Nippon.

This was difficult because many attempts to transfer a HQ and the troops under the HQ's command resulted in a GPF. Bombur, because of this you will have to build new HQs in Phoenix, Lincoln and a few other cities. The trucks, trains and ships are in formations, but not in HQs.

First, let me congratulate my opponents. You played very well and whupped me.

On the mod : playing the Union without any armor was very frustrating. Infantry just does not get it!

Thanks to all.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

It´s impossible to play this game after cpdeyoung surrendered. That´s because, in this mod, you cannot produce anything but suppply, pp and resources in cities belonging to other peoples and even those suffer a 50% penalty. I suggest to concede defeat to the Soviet/British/German alliance. It´s was a good game.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Yeah, sounds fair... had fun. Enjoyed the mod, but a little balancing maybe would help. Guys been a blast and learned a lot!!!
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I had not thought of that factor.

If you want to play my turn, and not surrender I can pm the password.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Thanks and congratulations to our skilled opponents well played, a couple of issues that I am sure Bombur will sort out.

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

If you want I can continue to play with both Japan and USA as suggested.
Anyway, I would like to see suggestions for the improvement of this mod.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

For myself I would say we are beat can't have a player concede then expect the other two players to carry on, we have excellent opponents if they are happy to take the win then lets call it.

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

You´re right, I surrender
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I would call it a draw more than anything. Them Frenchies had a ton of production and the Empire was low or fuel. I would have been interesting, but I wasted too much resources learning the navy and that would have been a big bummer at some point. Although, I had a few surprises :) But they were longer shots. So a draw sound fair. I think with this mod, given certain nation have such strong weaknesses, maybe preplanned sides setting a balance with tanks and navy. For example, you could have a soviets and E. Empire, one on each side, so they could lend /lease tanks to the other nations. I know there is a love of intrigue, but in the ground game, E. Empire was far too strong and offered too much advantage to be fair. It was fun to be a juggernaut though :) I really enjoy it... maybe you could set it to start at a later date, where there is some more balance? Thanks though for the invite and effort on the mod. Good game to all, but as for the Japanese and Union, I had far too much advantage to claim a victory and feel honorable about it.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey, Two tribes was waiting to hear from you about the game before I said my thanks: you were a great ally and we were forging a fine alliance... look forward to our next battle together...

Return to “After Action Reports”