RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Cik

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features

Post by Cik »

can we get an implementation of "destroyed on ground" BDA?

for instance if you slam a parking spot or tarmac space with tons of JDAMs, and it's totally obliterated (well, 99% damaged) and the A/C on it is likewise destroyed, it still shows the yellow triangle indicating hosted aircraft (even though if you switch to the other side in-editor it's clear that every single A/C on the base has been annihilated by the B-2s that hit it)

HAS/hangar should work differently, but aircraft hosted in open parking should be easily identifiable as mangled or not by impacting ordnance.

thanks!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Cloning Unit suggestion:
Would it be possible when cloning a unit to have the attribute 'auto detectable' be one of the attributes cloned?
Fantastic game. [8D]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
De Savage

Post by De Savage »

It would be fantastic to add doctrine for maximum flight altitude for all units. Now if you give order to fly low to avoid radar and SAMs when aircraft RTB it will automatically gain altitude. This is suicide if unit is flying in area where SAM is present. Then you can give example whole airbase order: do not fly over 5000. Quick fix is that when RTB they do not change altitude.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn »

I'd love to have a way to search the cargo list instead of having to scroll the long list every time I'm looking for a specific unit. Or maybe there is already a way to do it but I can't find it [:D]
Ilias

Post by Ilias »

ORIGINAL: Grazyn
I'd love to have a way to search the cargo list instead of having to scroll the long list every time I'm looking for a specific unit. Or maybe there is already a way to do it but I can't find it [:D]
+1
Glenn Beasley

Post by Glenn Beasley »

Would it be possible to add a "Micro" size button in/under the options "Size of Icons" ,IMHO I think it would be nice if the size of the airports we're about 1/3 the size they are when the "Small" option is selected ,This would be nice for designing /playing Scenarios in Smaller Countries (Isreal),Thanks for your Consideration regarding this.
Glenn Beasley

Post by Glenn Beasley »

I would like to design a Scenario for example between India / Pakistan The war of 71 so after I add the countries ,ROE ,Posture etc ,I attempt to add the Airports ,SAM ,EW ,AD etc if I think it's feasible for that year (71) from "add a file option " or "use existing file" If I remember
I think it's in/under the "edit"tab ,But when I use the "Latest Cold War Database" (1945-1979) to fill out my Airfields with A/C (The Daussault Ouragans,Mystere II IVA , and whatever else they were flying between 1945-1979 I will get the messege that it's the "Wrong database used" ,Hopefully that example will help. So is there a way to add the Airfields that are already in the C-MANO "add a file" "use existing file" to the C-MANO-NI Sim so that I don't have to individually build each airfield for each country in C-MANO-NI ? ,I hope That help clarify ,I think it would be nice Option/ addition if the devs could tweak C-MANO-NI so that there are Airfields for each Country in the"Add a file" or "use existing file" option under the "edit"tab in C-MANO-NI (Just as in C-MANO) for adding all of a Nations Airfields at one time (And still be able to use /add the latest Cold War Database of A/C to those Airfields without getting the messege "wrong database used" Again thanks for your Consideration of this suggestion.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

To have the ability to tow other ships which have been disabled due to propulsion damage instead of leaving the to be killed by other enemy units.
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

Helo refueling from ships while in hover.
kch

Post by kch »

how about hiding enemy unit data in the log, so that you cannot read in the log that you are under attack by a specific missile type or that you have shot down a specific aircraft type. Makes the uncertainties a bit more interesting
Filitch

Post by Filitch »

Request for UI improvement. Every unit could has two types of string description at the map - short and detail. Short description - tactical number, call sight, name (for ships). Detail description - same as short plus type, class, squadron or division and so on.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: kch

how about hiding enemy unit data in the log, so that you cannot read in the log that you are under attack by a specific missile type or that you have shot down a specific aircraft type. Makes the uncertainties a bit more interesting

Can't you do that now through message log options?
kch

Post by kch »

I didnt know... I have to check it out
De Savage

Post by De Savage »

I have already voted a long time ago. Here is my current list.

1. TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
2. Make Terrain types affect detection
3. Create a circular/octagon area around a specific point
4. Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
5. Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
6. Ship Towing
Glenn Beasley

Post by Glenn Beasley »

I would like to design a Scenario for example between India / Pakistan The war of 71, BUT after I add the countries ,ROE ,Posture etc ,I attempt to add the Airports ,SAM ,EW ,AD etc if I think it's feasible for that year (71) from the "add a file option " or "use existing file" in/under the "edit"tab ,But when I use the "Latest Cold War Database" (1945-1979) to fill out my Airfields With A/C, (The Daussault Ouragans,Mystere II IVA , and whatever else they were flying between 1945-1979 ,and in the 1945-1979 Database) I will get the message that it's the "Wrong database used" ,Hopefully that example will help. So im asking is there a way to add (All of the Airfields) that are already in the C-MANO "add a file" "use existing file" to the C-MANO-NI Sim so that I don't have to individually build each airfield for each country in C-MANO-NI ? ,I hope That helps clarify what Imo think it would be nice Option/ addition if the Developers could tweak C-MANO-NI so that the Airfields for each Country in the"Add a file" or "use existing file" option under the "edit"tab (Just as in C-MANO) for adding all of a Nations Airfields at one time (And still be able to use /add the latest Cold War Database of A/C to those Airfields without getting the messege "wrong database used" Again thanks for your Consideration of this suggestion.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Have you looked to see if those airfields are in the import files. One of solutions I use quite often is open up an existing scenario for countries and time periods I am looking for and export the facilities, groups, etc. and then import them into the new scenario.
Peter66

Post by Peter66 »

OnMapClick -> For Lua. This way you can for example take a Special Action and link it to a specific point on the map of users choice. This could be used for many many purposes. One example would be giving orders (mission teleport or similar) to a side that isn't yours.
"Is game hard to pick up?" <- easier to pick up than most women.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I think I may have mentioned this before... but is it possible that if you clone a unit (cntrl-C) that it copies whether a unit is auto-detect or not? [:)]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

thhkkr,

In my experience when you copy or clone a unit (cntl-C or shift Cntl-C) the new unit will have auto-detect set to whatever its default is. So, if you have manually changed a unit to non-detect and copy it the new unit will default to detect.

This also seems to be true of units saved as .inst files. When they are loaded into a scenario they will default to their normal status regardless of what they were when you saved them.

-Wayne Stiles
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Could it be made so that you can select a satellite by clicking its name in the Satellite Pass Predictor window, please?

It's pretty tricky trying to find a satellite (so you can find out more about it) when all you know is when, approximately, it will be overhead.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”