any chance for WitP 2 ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

czert2

any chance for WitP 2 ?

Post by czert2 »

what you think ? any chance that we will get it ?
Yaab

RE: any chance for WitP 2 ?

Post by Yaab »

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?"
drw61

Post by drw61 »

I'm being pessimistic but I don't think so. [:(]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

It could never live up to expectations.
nikoslejeune

Post by nikoslejeune »

You might want to read this thread from last august.The start is bumpy but just keep reading.
There are some interesting discussions about your question in detail.

tm.asp?m=4331665

Quite a pile of cash and a dedicated team would be needed to make it happen so place your bets and dont hold your breath.[X(]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: nikoslejeune

You might want to read this thread from last august.The start is bumpy but just keep reading.

tm.asp?m=4331665

Quite a pile of cash and a dedicated team would be needed to make it happen so place your bets and dont hold your breath.[X(]
Not just dedicated team, but experienced in coding and gaming design!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
InfiniteMonkey

Post by InfiniteMonkey »

Yes.
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

1. Start GoFundMe Page

2. Advertise some idiotic cause in need of funding like paying off your speeding tickets or proving that the earth is flat.

3. Watch money pour in from crowdfunding morons.

4. Divert said funds to WITP 2.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

1. Start GoFundMe Page

2. Advertise some idiotic cause in need of funding like paying off your speeding tickets or proving that the earth is flat.

What do you mean the world is not flat? What kind of blasphemy is this? Next you will be saying that the IJN isn't the best navy in the world.
Nami Koshino

Post by Nami Koshino »

The flat earther, Rapper B.o.B, who once famously argued with Neil Grasse Tyson about the Earth being flat, started a go fund me page a few days ago to raise money for the launches of several satellites into orbit that will somehow prove the opposite of what satellites (not to mention hundreds of years of science) have been proving for decades.

Either the stoopid is strong with this one or I'm thinking he's doing this as a desperate attempt to revive a flagging career. What's scary is that Go Fund Me works less as a crowdfunding site, and more as a digital tip jar. There’s no real accountability to make sure he uses the money for what he says, or has to prove or give back anything to his donors at all.
Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: nikoslejeune

tm.asp?m=4331665

well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to matrix to develop WitP 2. but i dont have them.
Hmmm... what about starting kickstarter ?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

WitP AE is WitP 2.  What you should be asking is there going to be a WitP 3.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

It would be interesting to see what the project would cost and how it would proceed.

Scope it properly, it may not be a mountain, just a tall hill.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Are we there yet????[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to

What ya doin' buuuuuudy??? Listen I have this charity.....[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to

What ya doin' buuuuuudy??? Listen I have this charity.....[:D]

IF my dear, IF.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Can the new AI be ported to WiF? Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JeffK

It would be interesting to see what the project would cost and how it would proceed.

Scope it properly, it may not be a mountain, just a tall hill.
This has already been done on the previous go-around on the topic several months ago. IIRC, with input from Alfred and wdolson, the minimum for development would be over USD $2 million.
At the rate people here are making suggestions for changes I expect it would be more like $5 million.
There would be no recouping the costs, so it could only be done "for the love of the game"!

EDIT: Just saw this news item about a guy paying nearly $38 Million for a very plain Chinese bowl. Perhaps we could tell him we will be producing a very old Chinese game and ask him to pre-buy a copy for a similar amount ...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ecord-377m
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
miv792

Post by miv792 »

Kikstarter pls.
Sorry for my english
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

If they could keep the game play and concept intact and maybe beef the graphics up a bit without ruining it then yes I'm all for it. But if they were to make it the same as WiTE with that game engine then forget it. Never ever figured it out and haven't bought another game since. Ruined it for me
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”