2x3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

WingedIncubus

RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted

Post by WingedIncubus »

PBEM game is now set up, Axis T1 is on Dropbox.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright sweet, thanks Drakken I appreciate :)
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

So what is the current status on T1 from Axis' side?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Axis Turn 1 Done. It is in dropbox waiting for your turn - see thread for both sides tm.asp?m=4340647 [:)]

I have made a screenshot of what it looks like

Remember there is only ONE game dropbox which SparkleyTits volunteered to arrange for the game which I can see EVERYONE is invited to and to which EVERYONE has to post their go saves - anything else the Soviet team has done on their own we do not know about.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright thanks !!

We are starting to do our turns as well. Although our Southern Commander probably wont have time until next week to do his.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Great - remember to save all your gos to this dropbox for all! We'll know not to expect to see the South go for a while.
wallas

Post by wallas »

You can add me to the soviet spare list.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Added - and welcome! [:)]
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

Welcome to STAVKA's spare list.

In fact, we might need an Air Commander right now. If you feel like it, I will bring this to the table at the next meeting of the People's Commissars for Defence.
wallas

Post by wallas »

I would rather not lol, but if you need me for air command sure.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: wallas

I would rather not lol, but if you need me for air command sure.

Ewwwwwwww Awwwwww Air Command, juicy! I personally find soooo much solace in decimating the Axis Airforce. Maybe it is just the morbid side of me thinking of all those Me-109's burning on the runway ;-)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
wallas

Post by wallas »

I would assume the air commander is in charge of all para brigades and their corps HQ ?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

One thing I was thinking about is having a forum for "Top Secret documents captured"

Meaning that, every operation the enemy team prepared, a couple of turns before actually doing the operation, the supreme commander would roll 3 dice at the same time, if the number is 4 or lower. He needs to take one of his front commander's objective and overall plan, and post it in the "Top secret documents captured"

Meaning the enemy would have access to the plan. Every supreme commander would also be allowed to post FAKE operation in that thread. Meaning that, the enemy would never be sure if the operation is real or fake. The chances of hitting 4 or lower is extremely low.

I am just flagging this up as I did not want the idea to get lost. For this game we would need everyone to agree to change the rules, and I get the sense everyone is just exhausted doing the vanilla game plus team variation. So maybe this is something for a future date or for another game set up from the beginning that way.

Perhaps this should be in a separate thread of its own? There have been a few ideas over time about using WitE as a game within a game. Somebody once posted for a simultaneous match of WitE, WitW and WitP - I guess they somehow would add up victory points from each for a winner. I wonder how long that game took! This team game has WitE as a game within the game, and so would Neogodhobo's idea.

I think it needs refinement as to what the secret documents would contain. One side could have a plan consisting of precise movements of all their units, and another side have a plan with one sentence - "we will win the war". Clearly what one side would reveal would not be equal to the other - and it could be gamed. Even if the players tried to play fairly it would be better if the secrets each side had to reveal were well defined. For example they could have to take a screenshot of their map for given co-ordinates. Or a screenshot for given units in the commanders report.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus
I am just .... the commanders report.

It could be a great idea to have a dedicated team of war planners/high command. Whom only job consist of coming up with offensive/defensive operations; very detailed plan, for each division.

This team could be a 2 or 3 person team. They would then pass those plan to the supreme commander who would make some changes, according to the situation. When the plan is ready for action, it would need to fly to the ground commanders, the plan would be breaking up in several pieces, so that the army commanders ( AI ) receives their part of the plan. Each time a piece of the plan is being sent to the AI generals, you roll 3 dice, if its lower than 4. You give away that part of the plan in the thread. You roll for each plan until one has been discovered ( if any ). When a piece of the plan has been publish, you do not need to roll again for that same plan.

Like this, each team is going to have the same information to give away in the top secret documents thread. A little piece of the puzzle. And each team will have war plans.

To disclose a fake plan, your war planners need to work on it, then you simply put it in the thread. A limit should be impose, something like...1 fake plan per year, or per season.

But war planners should be a must, I think, for this game. Or maybe they wouldnt decide every division, or else the job of ground commanders, get boring a little bit, but at least, objectives, how to take the objective, with what unit to take the objective, do they have operational or tactical freeedom until further notice, etc etc.

This way, it leaves some freedom to the ground commanders to have fun, and it let the enemy knows enough about the plan that they can try to counter it.

Maybe even start an Intelligence team. ( 2 or 3 person ) that their only role is to try to get their hands on those plan. And they could be playing games of dice with the enemy intelligence team. OR, actually, what would be sweet for the intelligence..

Take a look at the whole forum of Matrix here, its big.. Wouldnt it be sweet if the intelligence team, once a plan is made, has to post a coded message in one of these threads in the WHOLE of Matrix forum...

Say for exemple, they go in Order of Battle: World war II thread --) Scenario Design and Modding

And then leave a topic "Strong Fog of War ?"

In that topic would be the "coded" message : " This is a Gary mod for the Grigsby. Red Tide is going down in the south. 14 July 1943 "

The intelligence team would have to post it within a certain time limit ( 5 hours? 1 day ? ) before the actual plan is going to be put into action.

The enemy intelligence team, would have to search the whole forum of Matrix, at all time, if they hope to find the "coded" message. If they find the message, they have to decode it correctly, and send it to the other intelligence team, and it hey were correct, then the enemy team has to send a piece of their plan that is allocated to the ( in this case ) South Front.

The coded message decoded :

This is Gary mod for the Grigsby : This is a message concerning Gary Grigsby's war in the east game.
Red tide is going down : its an operation against the Soviet
In the south : it will take place on the south front.
14 July 1943 : It will take place on 14th July 1943

You know... nothing TOO complicated, just a little something. Although I gotta say, I didnt spend more than 10 second on that particular coded message haha, but you get the idea.

That way we could have an intelligence war going on. Maybe even just 1 person in the intelligence "team" would be enough as well. How cool would that be. Anyway....
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

WE NEED A NEW SOVIET COMMANDER

To take control of the Central Front.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

The Soviet team has now added on new member and is looking for another. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post here or on any of the games other threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Congratulations to the new member of the Soviet team. We need to recruit one more to bring the Soviet team up to strength - could that be you?
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alrightso Ledo will be the new commander facing SparkleyTits's armies. Welcome aboard.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Welcome Ledo - and we will be having our own clash over rival spreadheets!

Return to “Opponents Wanted”