Two Games I Would Love To See Made

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Goodmongo

Two Games I Would Love To See Made

Post by Goodmongo »

There are two board games that I loved playing over and over again. One from Victory Games the other from Avalon Hill. But outside of one or maybe two mods to try and capture these games they have never even been attempted to be made as a computer game. Both games are not really solo capable as they rely on hidden units and placements.

The first one is a Sci-Fi based game called Freedom In The Galaxy. A pure classic and based on Star Wars. Maybe that's why they never made the game due to fear of being sued by Lucas.

The other game is a Vietnam war game called Vietnam 1965-1975. No other game that I know of had captured Vietnam in such a great way.

Does anyone know if any company ever tried to make games off of these two board games? Or maybe a game that is very similar to them?
ezzler

RE: Two Games I Would Love To See Made

Post by ezzler »

STAR WARS™ Rebellion on GOG is similar to freedom in the galaxy.

Its as ancient as possible to be. Terrible graphic. Poor UI. But its only about £4 so worth a look.

Vietnam was done on the PC and old Atari ST. Similar game. A lot less detailed but was still fun.
Goodmongo

Post by Goodmongo »

I actually own Star Wars Rebellion and did some mod work on it. And in many ways it is kind of like FITG. I also remember some very old Vietnam games from the 80's but none of them had the complexity or the various options like the board game. In other words they lacked the strategic portion of the game.

But thanks for the reply.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

There are a few games I would like to see remade...

Diablo II
Lords of Magic
Alpha Centauri
Destiny (old)
Birthright
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Diablo II
Lords of Magic
Alpha Centauri
Destiny (old)
Birthright

I second the first 3. [:)]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Diablo II
Lords of Magic
Alpha Centauri
Destiny (old)
Birthright
Alpha Centauri was remade as Civ: Beyond Earth using the Civ V engine. Didn't measure up to the original, IMHO.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Diablo II
Lords of Magic
Alpha Centauri
Destiny (old)
Birthright
Alpha Centauri was remade as Civ: Beyond Earth using the Civ V engine. Didn't measure up to the original, IMHO.

Played it and didn't like it, didn't even come close to Alpha Centauri. Just like Blizzard made Diablo III, wasn't even close. Just remake them into better graphic engines. That is all I ask!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Avalon Hill's Rise and Decline of the Third Reich.

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Played it and didn't like it, didn't even come close to Alpha Centauri. Just like Blizzard made Diablo III, wasn't even close. Just remake them into better graphic engines. That is all I ask!
Fans won't ever be happy with such attempts. Fans wanted Final Fantasy VII for PC and they got it. They bitch it isn't any kind of improvement from PlayStation version. Now is remake under works with some promised changes. Fans are already bitching about it too. Expect to see the same about Alpha Centauri remakes and anything else sufficiently popular.

[edit]
Have we seen any bitching about recent games in Civilization and Hearts of Iron series? [8|]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
rico21

Post by rico21 »

1944: Race to the Rhine
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Fans won't ever be happy with such attempts. Fans wanted Final Fantasy VII for PC and they got it. They bitch it isn't any kind of improvement from PlayStation version. Now is remake under works with some promised changes. Fans are already bitching about it too. Expect to see the same about Alpha Centauri remakes and anything else sufficiently popular.

[edit]
Have we seen any bitching about recent games in Civilization and Hearts of Iron series? [8|]

Yeah I wasn't too impress with the new Civilization VI, some features was cool. It just too silly with graphics, hardware demand and the world map isn't that big at all if you want to play the Earth World. On Hearts of Iron Series, has been going up and down, Paradox have ruined the last part. To me part three is probably the best HoI around and I have tried out the BlackIce mod, just too many details are incorrect and not accurate. Maybe someday when they add expansions, just like they did to part three. It may or may not get any better.

Right now I have several projects going on, still working on this naval board game and modding Hearts of Iron III. The Darkest Hours isn't bad either.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i still would love to see Wargamer Napoleon 1813 remade, or even just properly fixed up so that it works also Aegis Guardian of the Fleet and 1944 Across the Rhine

of new games - M1 Tank Platoon 3 and more from Frank Hunter

i am assured though that a John Tiller Napoleonic Battles 1807

also something like Action Stations or SSI's Warship or Battle Cruiser, they would be so good to see made anew!
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Would love to see a revamped version of Star Wars Rebellion with today's graphics
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Would love to see a revamped version of Star Wars Rebellion with today's graphics

Or Birth of the Federation.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

BofF would be great - wasnt Star Wars Rebellion remade already as Star Wars Empires at War?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

wasnt Star Wars Rebellion remade already as Star Wars Empires at War?

If so, it did not master the original one. Empires at War was a RTS game with no interest to me compared to Rebellion that was truly a strategy game.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Maybe but it is one of the best RTS I played.[&o]
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Well, was Starcraft and Dune 2 for me. Good memories
rico21

Post by rico21 »

I was too young but I heard about them.[&o][:D]
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

LOL [:D]

Return to “General Discussion”