SOW Waterloo - PBEM

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

canuckgamer

SOW Waterloo - PBEM

Post by canuckgamer »

I purchased SOW Gettysburg from Norb Software when it was first released and played it for a few months including a couple of online battles with a friend. However neither one of us have played it since because there is no PBEM option. We have been playing the Combat Mission series for years by PBEM. It is obviously more convenient but it also allows you to move around parts of the battlefield to view the replay in detail. Real time games do not allow you to do this.

I noticed that HistWar Napoleon can be played in real time or by PBEM. The PBEM option is in either 15 minute or 30 minute increments so if it is similar to Combat Mission, both players plot their moves after which the next time increment is resolved. If PBEM is added as an option to the SOW series I will definitely purchase it.
ETF

RE: SOW Waterloo - PBEM

Post by ETF »

Doubt it would happen.....the engine wasn't designed for it. I'm an old wargamer myself and use to love PBEM. These games can take an hour or more to complete. Sending PBEM files would take weeks if not months for some to complete. Trust me :) try it out on steam. If you don't like it you can return it (within 2 weeks and less than 2 hours played) I'm sure you will love it though. Great action especially when played with several people. Start with a small command till you feel comfortable.
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Asid2

RE: SOW Waterloo - PBEM

Post by Asid2 »

canuckgamer

SOW Waterloo is an excellent wargame, especially against a human player(s).

I am part f a mature wargaming group which regularly plays SOW Waterloo mp. We play at least 2 times each week. We play in a realistic and immersive way. Full fog of war, orders by courier, etc. Our battles can be from 2.5 - 3 hours long. Take a look here.

SOW often goes on sale.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”