Resurrection of Dutch forces

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jwolf

Resurrection of Dutch forces

Post by jwolf »

Curious about this. I'm playing Allies against the Japanese AI, currently in February 1944. For a long time I had a list of 166 destroyed ground units -- I believe all from the Dutch -- that could not be rebuilt. But recently I invaded Java and have now liberated about 1/3 of the island at the western end, following a successful campaign which liberated the entirety of Sumatra. Suddenly all those old destroyed units are eligible to be rebuilt, if I want to spend the points doing so. I am assuming this is not a good idea, due to empty pools, except possibly for a few very special units.

I am wondering what is the trigger in the game that reactivates these units -- date? territory? Something else?
crsutton

RE: Resurrection of Dutch forces

Post by crsutton »

Dunno what the trigger is but there is really very little reason to reactivate them. They are weak and have no source of replacements. You do get a very decent Dutch mixed infantry armor unit in late 44 (arrives in the US). This unit is US equipped and has replacement. About the only one that you will want to fool with.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Never heard of that happening before....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I assume the trigger is like Chungking in China. If you re-take the "national base" or designated alternative, it is possible for replacement troops to arrive and therefore you can buy out the unit as a seed to build on.
I don't know what the Dutch can get in their pools but they have a couple of armoured units (one is Mobiele something) that might be able to take Stuart tanks. Worth a look at the Dutch pools and TOE upgrade path.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

One thing I think you can do is extract a small part of a KNIL regiment for a very low PP cost, stick them somewhere in the rear and let them draw replacements that the Dutch get throughout the war. I think it will build up to a weak 125ish AV unit that can be useful for holding a rear location. It's too late for your match, obviously, but in future games...
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

I have a question - if I pay the PP to turn a base in Oz, for example, to Dutch control... once the DEI is under Japanese possession, can you resurrect Dutch units at the Dutch base in Oz?
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

I have a question - if I pay the PP to turn a base in Oz, for example, to Dutch control... once the DEI is under Japanese possession, can you resurrect Dutch units at the Dutch base in Oz?

Usually units can ONLY be resurrected in the Nation Capital.. Tokyo for Japan. not sure for the others as I've never played Allies. Its a hard coded base.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Maybe it's Batavia for the Dutch. I liberated it about 10-15 days ago in my game.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

Maybe it's Batavia for the Dutch. I liberated it about 10-15 days ago in my game.
I think that is it.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Many of the units are very cheap to buy, just 1 or 2 points. I'll probably buy a few of them just for flavor as a sort of role playing element.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

If you check the pools there might be enough devices to create a unit. Or 2....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Rafid

Post by Rafid »

According to the Manual (section 16.6) the Dutch bases in question are: Tjilitjap and Soerabaja

I think the base forces are most interesting for resurrection, they mainly consist of "international devices" like (air/naval) support and engineers.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Rafid

According to the Manual (section 16.6) the Dutch bases in question are: Tjilitjap and Soerabaja

I think the base forces are most interesting for resurrection, they mainly consist of "international devices" like (air/naval) support and engineers.
Yup, not Batavia!
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

It might be worth it if there are garrisons needing to be filled. Never had to deal with that.

jwolf

Post by jwolf »

OK that explains it as I just got Tjilitjap. I'm surprised that that base was chosen over Batavia, but I won't argue.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Early in the war if you rebuild a Dutch LCU, Tjilitjap or whatever, Is were Dutch rebuild units always show up....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

You can partially rebuild BF, engs and sup are global.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”