Possible bug on “Delay” and “ETA”

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

KungPao

Possible bug on “Delay” and “ETA”

Post by KungPao »

Hi
I noticed that since 2.013 update, some of my well-coordinate attacks failed miserably. Here is an example

Pic 0 : it is 13:42 at this moment. 2 BMP companies (1co and 3co) are preparing their final assault of Kirchhain. 3co will occupy the VP via a 3 waypoint (2820), (2619), (2618). infantry will disembark at 1st wp (2820). 1co will keep 1 hex north of 3co, it will go through (3018), (2829), (1401), disembark at 2nd wp (2819). I gave a 2min delay on 3co’s first waypoint, so that both BMP Companies will jump into open at the same time. Then based on the difference ETA, I gave a 10min delay to 1co’s 3rd waypoint. It will stay in town for a while, waiting for 3co catch up, and they should arrive destination at the same time at 14:01
Here is the first problem. After I click “start” I realized that the system didn’t consider the difference of motorized speed and foot movement speed. In the game usually it will take 10+ min to move one hex on foot. But as the waypoint inspector showing, it didn’t consider the difference. 3co foot movement ‘s ETA on (2820) is 13:52, (2619) is 13:59, (2519) is 14:01. (2min/hex)

As the game goes on this estimation is off. The next turn start at 14:06, as you can see the pic 1 , both two units are behind the schedule. And the funny thing is the delay on 1co’s last waypoint totally doesn’t make sense. In the original plan there is a 10min delay on the last waypoint and the new ETA in this turn is 14:08. However, when I changed the delay to “0” I was surprised to find out ETA become 14:14 . The delay and ETA on pic 1~4 doesn’t make any sense, looks like the system treat any number less than 8 as a negative number.

Then no matter what number I gave on the delay, the 1co will jump to the destination at the beginning of the turn 14:06. Please see pic 5

I have attached all the screen shot. 2 save files will be attached in next post. please let me know if that is helpful

Thank you
Attachments
pic012345.zip
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
KungPao

RE: Possible bug on “Delay” and “ETA”

Post by KungPao »

Here is the save file

Thank you
Attachments
FCRSsave.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

KP I have tried your save and I can reproduce the bug, but when I try and reproduce it on a scenario on my copy I cant seem to...

Is your game install or your save somehow corrupted?

P.S I think someone on the forums had some time weirdness a while ago and a reinstall fixed it..

Cheers
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

I don't want you to think that we have ignored this. We have discussed this within the team. Unfortunately we have not had much time to really look at it. There has been some personal family issues within the team that has slowed things like responding down. And yes, Rob addressed and issue like this not too long ago. I personally checked it out and it appeared at the time fixed.

I will add my own 2-cents regarding timing and the use of waypoints (since this has come up several times). I personally think it is unrealistic to plan precise movements and expect your units to arrive exactly as planned. This does not happen in real life. It shouldn't happen in the game. As a commander or a staff officer, you plan an operation down to the minute detail. However, they never work out like they were planned. Even simple movements. Units don't jump off when they are suppose to, they get delayed, routes are as clear as they are on the map, sometime it is something intangible. You plan, but expect to react to the unexpected. In playing the game, I never paid that much attention to whether my units hit the waypoints on time. Because it doesn't happen in real life. I have found that the game provides the uncertainty that commanders and staff officers have to account for. That is one thing that keeps it fresh for me (after playing it for 6 years).
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Tech Support”