human vs human?

A place to share links to videos about Strategic Command, including video After Action Reports.
Hartmann301

human vs human?

Post by Hartmann301 »

Are there any videos showing a human on human game?
FriendlyKomissar

RE: human vs human?

Post by FriendlyKomissar »

Interesting concept, but I doubt anyone is really wanting to give away their strategies by publishing a video of their game. Would be cool if someone made an after action report from both sides by video.
Wisely keeping out of Comrade Stalin's way.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

I'd be happy enough just to see some more detailed (i.e. covering turn-by-turn production, research, diplomacy etc. as well as handling of naval units - which mostly seems to be glossed over on the existing AARs) non-video PBEM AARs on the forum, especially for the "vanilla" 1939-start campaign. This would really help newcomers to the game to figure out the basics of some overall strategy. This was basically how I originally learned to play Commander Europe at War (well, that and actually playing the game against human opponents, but they setup me up with some sensible strategies), as there was a ton of excellent PBEM AARs on the Slitherine forum for this.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

So much has been explained to me on this forum but most hasn't worked when I try it out. The Germans just don't get enough mpps to do everything that is said. I'd love to watch a game with 2 good players so I can see this done for myself.
nnason

Post by nnason »

Here is a link to a match. I think there are other matches going on and there are others that have been archived.
fb.asp?m=4350232.
As for the Germans, we all have the same problem. Germans are very hard to win with.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

I have just started publishing my videos of a PBEM++ 1939 campaign game versus Taxman66. I'm playing as the Axis.

I'm intentionally delaying my videos by a few turns so Taxman66 can't directly cheat, but nevertheless he has assured me that he won't watch the videos while the game is in progress.

Unfortunately I'm a newbie at the game and so my strategy and game play is likely far from great [:(] I'm doing my best though, studying the rules etc....

If you want to check it out then click on the link in my signature below.

Any feedback gratefully received.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I've been poking at couple turn of interval to keep tab on the progress of ikrananka game vs taxman, and it's quite fun. But it would be even better if both sides where doing the same to hear what each side is thinking... [:D]
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I think my NVIDEA software has a built in video recorder but I've never used it. Nor set up a youtube channel etc...

I could post a matching AAR, with very limited info on what has already occured (builds and tech mostly) if there is a desire for it. I won't be able to recall turn by turn descions, and I don't want to watch the videos to be reminded... at least not until the game is over. I could edit in comments then, but would there still be intrest after the game is over?

[teasing]
Of course Ikrananka2 will have to actually play his turns. [:'(]
[\teasing]
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “Videos, Tutorials, Let's Plays”