Pilot reserve pool question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Pilot reserve pool question

Post by Chris21wen »

Can pilots in one reserve pool (say transport) be used in other group type units. (E.g. fighter)?
Yaab

RE: Pilot reserve pool question

Post by Yaab »

They should be available via Request Veteran button.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Yes as per Yaabs comment above as long as they don't cross nationalities or services. E.g. No USN pilots can be used in USAAF squadrons. Note they should take an experience hit when moving across types as per your example but I've never bothered to check for it and I commonly use floatplanes to train USN fighter and divebomber pilots.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Yes as per Yaabs comment above as long as they don't cross nationalities or services. E.g. No USN pilots can be used in USAAF squadrons. Note they should take an experience hit when moving across types as per your example but I've never bothered to check for it and I commonly use floatplanes to train USN fighter and divebomber pilots.
They do; I've seen it many times.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
They do; I've seen it many times.
XP penalty is there if you pick pilots out of the pool by clicking on their names. If you instead use "pick 1/5/10 pilots" buttons below, the penalty magically disappears
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I commonly use floatplanes to train USN fighter and divebomber pilots.

That's why I was asking only for Japan.

Thanks
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Thanks

I'm afraid my ESP is permanently tuned to "wife" and nothing in your original post or thread title indicates you are asking about Japan only. The same restriction should apply, you shouldn't be able to use IJA pilots in IJN squadrons and vice versa.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Thanks

I'm afraid my ESP is permanently tuned to "wife" and nothing in your original post or thread title indicates you are asking about Japan only. The same restriction should apply, you shouldn't be able to use IJA pilots in IJN squadrons and vice versa.

I realise that. Thanks again.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”