[RESOLVED] Cannot load Inferno Scenarios " Database error."

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

spinecruncher

[RESOLVED] Cannot load Inferno Scenarios " Database error."

Post by spinecruncher »

I just purchased the content and I am getting the error message that "the scenario file is probably corrupted, cannot determine which database to use!"

What is up with that? Cannot play any Inferno scenarios?

Thanks for the help.
ultradave

RE: Cannot load Inferno Scenarios " Database error."

Post by ultradave »

As a guess, I'd say make sure your CMANO is up to date at v1.12 - in the top of the window it should say that and build 936.21 I'm guessing you may need to update your installation to make sure that the database specified by the scenario is actually there.

If that's not it and you are up to date, then you'll have to wait for someone other than me, like one of the developers.

If you have something less than what I listed go to the main forum page, and in the upper sticky portion of posts there is a link to 1.12.4 updates. The link to update is there.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Okay, I am on V 1.12 build 936.11.

The above is not adequate? How do I go to the 936.21? Thanks!
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

It is happening with other scenarios in the base game too. Can this be because I was adding files to the CWDB folder? I was trying to extract pics for tha database.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo
Okay, I am on V 1.12 build 936.11.
The above is not adequate? How do I go to the 936.21? Thanks!
This is the latest update v1.12.6
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Hard to say. If you accidentally moved something so that the DB is not on the same path it was originally that could happen. Check to see that you don't have some funky path now like .../DB/DB/DB/Images...

Should be Command.../DB/Images where all the images go.

The /DB/ directory should have a bunch of files in it like Colonial_2.4.3.db3 and CWDB_461.db3 But you'll see lots of them there more or less sequentially numbered.

Northern Inferno uses the CWDB set of databases.

But if it's happening with base games too, my guess is that you somehow changed some path somewhere when installing images. That could affect all the scenarios regardless of db.
ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

It is happening with other scenarios in the base game too. Can this be because I was adding files to the CWDB folder? I was trying to extract pics for tha database.
----------------
Dave A.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

I think UD is right. I would recommend re-installing the game in order to ensure all files are placed in their correct path.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

My path is: DB/ images, templates, descriptions, DCID.. and DB/ DB, Images.... yeahs it's toast.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Two DB in a row in the path is probably the problem. Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Reinstall C:MANO
2. Update to latest build
3. Install images this way (to be safest)
a. Open a file manager window to DB/images/DB3000
b. Open another window with the corresponding downloaded images to the DB3000 images
c. Select All, Copy, from b., Paste to a.
d. Repeat a.b.c with except with DB/images/CWDB

Best way to make sure you aren't introducing any extraneous paths (considering I get the impression you are not an expert at fiddling with the workings of your computer - no offense intended - just the impression from posts made).

Hope that helps. When they are installed properly, you'll have pictures for most things. Note that not every item in the db has an image so you may still open things up in the db view that don't have images - more likely with weapons than with ships or aircraft, but there are probably a few of those with no images also.
----------------
Dave A.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Thank you, after reinstalling I copy and pasted the DB file with 2100 images into the DB3000 folder but still when I go to the game database no pics appear, for example if I select an F4 phantom in the DB there is no picture of it there.....

edit: I DL's community scenarios into a new community scenario folder I created within the scenario folders and all the scenarios are there no problem. I just cannot get the database to show a picture of a unit IE a tomcat or whatever, so I fund that rather odd bc I copy and pasted the files as instructed. When I go to the game database and select a USA aircraft now shouldn't I see a picture of it in the DB viewer?

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Just to clarify, there's a whole slew of versions of Phantoms in the DB. You don't see pics in any of them?

And while you're checking, check to make sure (because of what you wrote above). Pictures go in <command top folder>/DB/Images/DB3000 and ..../DB/Images/CWDB

In the game, go to Game Options in the Game menu, first screen, check the box to "Display Unit Status Image" That will put the small picture at the top of the unit status panel on the right. But that shouldn't be affecting the database viewer. If that's not checked you won't see the small pictures either. (it may already be checked by default)

Try starting a scenario, Browse Scenario Platforms, and double click on some of them to see if the database viewer opens up with a picture. Try a bunch to see. You should find some pics if you've got them in the right place. If not, you'll have to figure out where they are and select and move them to the directories above. (*Something* is out of whack with your installation and how you placed the pictures - they work fine when installed)

My game has pictures for (I think) every F-4 version in both the CWDB and DB3000. Just checked.
----------------
Dave A.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

A lot of the sub pictures show up in the database but not warships and no aircraft. Te directory goes: C:matrixgames:Command..: DB: Images: and the last two folders are CWDB and DB3000

These last two folders are where I pasted all the files into. I used the link provided and that link already named the folders CWDB and DB3000
so I just pasted respectively into there. IE, I copied all the CWDB files from the internet link and pasted into my CWDB folder, same for DB3000
There are a lot of files in the DB folder, should I have added the files into that instead.

BTW inside a game I do not see an option for Scenario Platforms, but I can just as easily open the game database to check.

Edit: each on of those DB3000 and CWDB folders has several hundred individual pic and text files in contained in them. They are numbered, like "aircraft_130" But also the DB folder above it in the directory chain also contains files but none of them are pic or text files I dont think. Somehow the app is not pulling from the DB3000 and CWDB.

Thank you again.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

I found something else out: I have to if each folder CWDB and DB3000. one set is in the description folder and the other in the image folder. That is odd?

Edit: those are just text descriptions but do they need to all match?
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Okay I dont think the file I have is a complete file. I was looking at the pics and there isnt even an F4 phantom. The link is not a complete file, maybe an add on?

ttp://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Those are the correct links. They are the complete picture sets.

Descriptions are descriptions (doh!) It's the descriptive text that describes the platform on most entries just below the pictures.

There are thousands of pictures. My DB3000 has 12392 and my CWDB has 4374 pictures.

When you are moving or copying and pasting them, you aren't getting them all for some reason. Check what you downloaded to see if it's something close to those numbers (might be a little different since I haven't updated mine in a bit). The DB3000 .zip file is about 1.5 GB download. Maybe you didn't get a complete file in the download

And:

Game Menu, Browse Scenario Platforms. It's the NEXT ITEM after Database Viewer on the Game menu.
----------------
Dave A.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

I do have the complete file. I have no idea why only sub pics show up in the database, but nothing else. No F 14s etc. Very odd. The database is not connecting to the directory files.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

so CWDB is 53 MB/1199 files and 229 MB /4826 files
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Did they all get copied to the C:MANO images directories?
----------------
Dave A.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

you are right. I am doing something wrong in the cut/paste part. for some reason not all the files are going in. I think I can figure it out.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Finally. Should have been way simpler. When I pasted them I and windows asked if it should skip files w same name I agreed. That somehow meant that many filed didnt make it into the folder. now I just pushed ahead with the process and all the files are showing up thankfully

Return to “Tech Support”