Supply question.

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Orm

Supply question.

Post by Orm »

I am thinking that the US, CW, the Free French forces should be in supply from Algiers.

Axis collapsed Vichy so Free France co-operate with both US and CW.

There is a rail link from Tangiers to Morocco ports and a sea link from there to the Free French capital, Libreville. Algeria is aligned to (Free) France. Algiers has not been occupied by Axis forces.

And not even the Free French are in supply from Tangiers. [&:]

So is this a bug or have I missed something? Why is Algiers listed as a OOS secondary supply source?

Attachments
672.jpg
672.jpg (755.61 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Courtenay

RE: Supply question.

Post by Courtenay »

If the Allies held Algiers at the start of the turn, the Free French, only, should be in supply. If Algiers was not held at the start of the turn, it is not a supply source for anyone. No matter whether it was Allied at the start of the turn, Algiers is not a supply source for anyone but the Free French; an aligned minor country capital is a supply source only for the aligning major power. This is different from a conquered capital, which works for all cooperating units on that side who can trace a supply path to it. Isn't the consistency of the WiF rule wonderful? [:)]
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Orm

RE: Supply question.

Post by Orm »

Thank you, Courtenay. [&o] [:)]

I should have remembered that distinction since I've made that mistake before. Anyway. That the French are OOS is a bug then. I'll post this in the tech forum later on.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “WIF School”