2by3+

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Neogodhobo

2by3+

Post by Neogodhobo »

Well, I was scared the German players would cheat and look into our "NKO Directive" thread. and I cannot send our plan into PM so I will be sending here and hope that the Germans dont cheat...

So I repeat.. GERMAN PLAYERS GO AWAY. Highly confidential plans are being posted here, please dont cheat, it would just suck for everyone.

[:-] Do not look at the image posted below and anything else. Thank you. [:-]

Neogodhobo

RE: 2by3+ SOVIET SIDE ONLY, German dont enter.

Post by Neogodhobo »

STAVKA DEFENSIVE PLAN
Northern Front Defensive plan proposal.

Commander "The Doctorking",
please review your plan, make modification if needed, and send back modification here. They will be reviewed and either accepted or refused.

https://imgur.com/GaJBMJu
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

STAVKA DEFENSIVE PLAN
Central Front Defensive plan proposal

Commander "Drakken",
please review your plan, make modification if needed, and send back modification here. They will be reviewed and either accepted or refused.

https://imgur.com/vBSnCZB
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

STAVKA DEFENSIVE PLAN
Southern Front Defensive plan proposal

Commander "Socket",

https://imgur.com/rzhSqEI
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

The stupid forum software is not allowing me to quote your post in reply at all now

I concur with your plan. I am going to try to hold Novgorod strongly, maybe not so determined to hold on to Vitebsk. I think of the main line of resistance as the Luga/Lake Ilmen/Pola and that rough terrain down to Vyazma. I'm assuming that the Germans are going to go all-out for Moscow but if they are pushing more strongly against me I'll hold forward of that position at the southern end of my line (around Velikye Luki) and putting my main effort on the Luga. I plan to fortify Novgorod heavily. I could use some admin points to build fortified regions (and equip them with MG-Mortar artillery and sapper battalions) around there. Maybe down the Luga too but I realize that would run quickly into cash. I hope to hold Leningrad.
[edit] what it didn't like was the smileys. Weird...
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

To STAVKA Chief of Staff Neogodhobo

We confirm receipt of the plan for the Central Front, in preparation for a possible invasion of the Motherland by Fascist Germany. After review of the situation, we like to bring the following comments to your attention:

a) The crease just north of the Vitebsk salient weakens our right flank by stretching it longer, thus requiring more units to cover its width and rear area. Furthermore, it creates a wedge inside our line, leaving the north side of Vitebsk exposed to a flanking maneuver by the Fascists. We request straightening this section of the front instead, by occupying the marshy grounds in front of Newel-Gurki line and fortifying there.

b) As described, the Dnepr would be a very strong line, which would make it very unlikely that the Fascists army would confront it head on. However, the landbridge between the Dvina and the Dnepr would be very vulnerable, being covered by a single line of defence. We request shifting the second and third line of defence North of Smolensk, to block the path toward Vyasma.

c) The forward position of the Armies and Corps in the Central Front, so close to the Polish-German border, make them extra susceptible to be surrounded by the Fascist Armies, especially in the Minsk area. We request special allocation of railroad wagons and resources for the evacuation of as many infantry Divisions and Corps through the Prypiat Marshes.

d) If the worst case scenario occurs, we are worried that there will be a shortage of troops to be able to build the second and third line of defense. Reinforcements should be given to the Central Front in priority, to defend the direct road toward Moscow and to build fortified positions.

e) SECRET We have strong reasons to believe that Colonel General Pavlov, Centre Front, will not be up-to-task at all if events unfold. In fact, evidence strongly suggests that his lack of preparation and incompetence might be, in fact, a willful invitation to Fascists to invade the Soviet Union. We request his immediate arrest, with his military file transmitted to NKVD as soon as a suitable replacement is recommended by STAVKA.

Following these proposals, an amended war plan will be presented to STAVKA for presentation.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

The stupid forum software is not allowing me to quote your post in reply at all now

I concur with your plan. I am going to try to hold Novgorod strongly, maybe not so determined to hold on to Vitebsk. I think of the main line of resistance as the Luga/Lake Ilmen/Pola and that rough terrain down to Vyazma. I'm assuming that the Germans are going to go all-out for Moscow but if they are pushing more strongly against me I'll hold forward of that position at the southern end of my line (around Velikye Luki) and putting my main effort on the Luga. I plan to fortify Novgorod heavily. I could use some admin points to build fortified regions (and equip them with MG-Mortar artillery and sapper battalions) around there. Maybe down the Luga too but I realize that would run quickly into cash. I hope to hold Leningrad.
[edit] what it didn't like was the smileys. Weird...

Commander,

I will allow you some resources to build fortified regions. How many yet, is unknown. How much do you think you will require ? ( 4 admin points per fortified region )

Hold Velikie Luki at all cost as it protects the flank of Commander Drakken's Central front. Vitesk is also very important for the same reason.

Commander, you WILL hold Leningrad at all cost or we will be having your head. ;)
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: Drakken

To STAVKA Chief of Staff Neogodhobo

We confirm receipt of the plan for the Central Front, in preparation for a possible invasion of the Motherland by Fascist Germany. After review of the situation, we like to bring the following comments to your attention:

a) The crease just north of the Vitebsk salient weakens our right flank by stretching it longer, thus requiring more units to cover its width and rear area. Furthermore, it creates a wedge inside our line, leaving the north side of Vitebsk exposed to a flanking maneuver by the Fascists. We request straightening this section of the front instead, by occupying the marshy grounds in front of Newel-Gurki line and fortifying there.

b) As described, the Dnepr would be a very strong line, which would make it very unlikely that the Fascists army would confront it head on. However, the landbridge between the Dvina and the Dnepr would be very vulnerable, being covered by a single line of defence. We request shifting the second and third line of defence North of Smolensk, to block the path toward Vyasma.

c) The forward position of the Armies and Corps in the Central Front, so close to the Polish-German border, make them extra susceptible to be surrounded by the Fascist Armies, especially in the Minsk area. We request special allocation of railroad wagons and resources for the evacuation of as many infantry Divisions and Corps through the Prypiat Marshes.

d) If the worst case scenario occurs, we are worried that there will be a shortage of troops to be able to build the second and third line of defense. Reinforcements should be given to the Central Front in priority, to defend the direct road toward Moscow and to build fortified positions.

e) SECRET We have strong reasons to believe that Colonel General Pavlov, Centre Front, will not be up-to-task at all if events unfold. In fact, evidence strongly suggests that his lack of preparation and incompetence might be, in fact, a willful invitation to Fascists to invade the Soviet Union. We request his immediate arrest, with his military file transmitted to NKVD as soon as a suitable replacement is recommended by STAVKA.

Following these proposals, an amended war plan will be presented to STAVKA for presentation.

General of the Army Drakken,

Your points have been taken with great regards. Lets review them one by one.

A) The North side of Vitesk will be defended by the Northern Front, as well as Velikie Luki, your troops there are just to add a little bit of security. I proposed that you leave the plan as is, and simply put regiments instead of division. So that they build up trenches and fortification over time.

Commander, if you feel strongly about what you mention though, you have the go-ahead to go with the modification you made.

B) Agreed with your proposition Commander. You might want to build Fortified Regions along that line as well, but that is up to you. If you want to, tell me how much you would need and I shall see what can be done. One thing Commander... If the enemy cross the Dniepr , you will be in serious trouble. Make sure it doesnt happen, and for the love of Communism, Try to hold onto Mogilev.

C) Accorded Commander ! ( Although I dont know how to do that, you will have to explain this to me ;) )

D) As of now, we will keep reinforcement in the east. It is unlikely the Germans will actually attack on the 22 or 23rd. I know I have many reports saying so but they are not to be trusted. In the unlikely event that the invasion do happen, Reinforcement will be going under your command.

E) Commander, what you are saying against General Pavlov is delusional. Pavlov is a Hero of the Soviet Union from his action in Spain. He his a very competent commander ! You may replace him if you want but I will surely not have him arrested.

That is all Commander, I will be waiting for your modifications on paper.
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

So just to clarify:

- I need to put up a good fight for Velikiye Luki because it covers the flank of the Central front. OK, I'll do it but I will have to abandon it at some point in order to preserve my strength for the fighting along the Luga. I will try to give you at least a turn's advance warning of when my position there is about to collapse. I will commit an army.

- I would say that holding the Dnepr from Kiev to Smolensk would be a better idea than the Chernigov-Smolensk line laid out in your directive for Central front. The more effort the fascists have to put into crossing the Dnepr the less pressure they will be able to put on me and the southern front in July-August. If we are still holding that line at the beginning of September we will be golden. Again, though, not your main line of resistance.

- In general, I am opposed to no retreat orders. I think that saving our troops is more important than holding territory, as long as we can move the factories to the east.

- Remember that the capitalists will be sending us lots of armament points as long as we hold the connection to Arkhangelsk/Murmansk and through Persia. I intend to put a lot of effort into holding the position at the northern end of Lake Ladoga; my understanding is that if the Finns break through there it cuts our Lend-Lease? I'm going to retreat both armies from the Finnish front to the north, leaving a screen behind the "Finnish no attack" line. The Finns don't have nearly the offensive power that the Germans do, and the terrain up there is difficult.

- I believe that fortified zones in the early game cost 8 AP, so pretty hefty cost. Also, I would spend another four or so on creating support units to go in each one, probably a MG-Mortar Artillery regiment (whatever they're called, the bottom ones on the list, of stuff we have plenty of) and a Sapper Battalion. I'd add an AT gun regiment (the cheap one with the 45L's) if the Germans look likely to attack with tanks. Then add two decent infantry divisions and it's really hard to move.

- To the extent that we are going to have garrisons hold on in surrounded locations, let's make sure to put our long-range bombers on night mission duty so they can do supply missions. Isn't that how it works? I've done this in games against the AI and I've gotten two divisions through to the rainy season cut off in the Carpathians and the Pripyat Marshes.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

1) Priority to defend North of Vitesk. Defend Velikie Luki if you have to retreat.

2) Southern Front will have the responsability if defending Kiev. I dont want to stretch too much the Center. Center will defend from Vitesk to Gomel. No ? The Dnepr river will be defended by the Central Front up to Gomel, after this it will be Southern Front to defend it.

3) I am opposed to No retreat too in General, but, at the oubreak of the war, its important to slow down the German as much as we can. And launch plenty of counter strokes just to keep them on their toes. Historically, its what the soviet did, and it worked, so Im gonna go for that for the starting turns. We need to hold as much as possible to slow them.

4) Sounds good for the defense of our Lend Lease. I dont know anything about that so I will go with what you say ;)

5) oh okay, for the Germans its 4 points, damnit.. We start the game with 50 points. How about I split them half and half with North and Center ? Unless Drakken doesnt need Fortified points, then you can get all 50. I dont think the South really needs any on the first turns or so.

6) We need a air force commander. Im not sure if you guys saw my PM concerning this but we need to attribute task. You guy can decide between yourself.
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

I don't need them right away. We should share at first. I'll start building my main line probably around turn 4 or so.

I think we get 50 a turn, is that right? I'll come back for an extra allocation on turn 4 depending on how things are going.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

I dont think its 50 per turn, but I could be mistaking. But okay, then we will most likely give all to Central front, but Psych0 just joined the Southern front so lets see what he has to say about it.
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

Here is the modified plan that we submit for review to STAVKA for the Central Front.

We hope Comrade Neogodhobo will be indulgent that my talent is for making war on the enemies of the Soviet people, not for drawing on maps. [:o]

https://imgur.com/FUFKqXG
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Marshall of the Soviet Union reporting for duty. I gladly accept the honour of the Southern Sector Command.

1. Request permission to retreat out of German striking distance with all available forces
2. Propose to be allocated the majority of T1-2 rail cap to send any excess units to Center/North Sectors for critical defense of Leningrad and Moscow.
3. I can give up all my airforce as well as long as new AF is created in the South after T10
4. Suggest we split start of turn AP equally between Stavka and 3 Sectors (14 + 3 x 12 for T1). Use carefully and any leftovers at end of turn then automatically are divided equally next turn again.
5. Presume Stavka does all industry evac, unit creation and allocation and eventually rail conversion. Airforce by each Sector but allocated by Stavka?
6. Will accept any Sector boundary Stavka deems appropriate
7. Propose humbly that our primary strategic objective for this summer is preserving the Red Army's strength over any other objective (except for the defense of L & M), ie 'scorched earth' and let the Germans fight at the very end of a long supply line. Only stand and fight when and where safe to do so without getting pocketed.
8. Why use forum for confidential comms? Propose direct mailing list. My email is joris.dorsman@gmail.com

Patience and courage my comrades,
Marshall Joris
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: Drakken

Here is the modified plan that we submit for review to STAVKA for the Central Front.

We hope Comrade Neogodhobo will be indulgent that my talent is for making war on the enemies of the Soviet people, not for drawing on maps. [:o]

https://imgur.com/FUFKqXG

General Drakken....

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT !! [X(]

But hum, lets stay professional here. I accept your modifications... ;)
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: Psych0

Marshall of the Soviet Union reporting for duty. I gladly accept the honour of the Southern Sector Command.

1. Request permission to retreat out of German striking distance with all available forces
2. Propose to be allocated the majority of T1-2 rail cap to send any excess units to Center/North Sectors for critical defense of Leningrad and Moscow.
3. I can give up all my airforce as well as long as new AF is created in the South after T10
4. Suggest we split start of turn AP equally between Stavka and 3 Sectors (14 + 3 x 12 for T1). Use carefully and any leftovers at end of turn then automatically are divided equally next turn again.
5. Presume Stavka does all industry evac, unit creation and allocation and eventually rail conversion. Airforce by each Sector but allocated by Stavka?
6. Will accept any Sector boundary Stavka deems appropriate
7. Propose humbly that our primary strategic objective for this summer is preserving the Red Army's strength over any other objective (except for the defense of L & M), ie 'scorched earth' and let the Germans fight at the very end of a long supply line. Only stand and fight when and where safe to do so without getting pocketed.
8. Why use forum for confidential comms? Propose direct mailing list. My email is joris.dorsman@gmail.com

Patience and courage my comrades,
Marshall Joris

Marshall of the Soviet Union Psych0.

Welcome aboard, I hope your stay at the Kremlin will be most pleasant.
Lets review your papers here...

1) Accepted
2) I am hesitant because I wanted the Center to evacuate their troops trough rail lines. Assuming, they have time. You can figure it out with Commander Drakken. I leave you two full freedom on rail line. If you cannot come to a conclusion, I shall intervene.
3) Thats marvelous. Southern area Air Force will be put to use in the Moscow area, and thus transferred to Commander Drakken
4) Northern Sector wont need any AP points until turn 4. Do you propose we accumulate the points for each sector ? If not ,I can allow Central and Southern 25 points each for the first week.
5) Industry, Air force and Rail lines will be separated between ground commanders. You guys can talk it over who wants what.
6) Alright, I have made the boundaries already, I shall publish them today.
7) I have a few objective I want people to fight to the death for. Seeing as 2 of my commanders are strongly against that, I shall change all "Fight to the death" sector, into : "Aggressive Defense" sector
8) Yeah I agree actually.

Everyone send me their emails please. Mine is : cstoolong@yahoo.ca
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Passive Defense : Do not attack, only defend
Passive Aggressive defense : Up to you if you want to attack while defending at the same time.
Aggressive Defense : Attack along the lines as much as you can while defending. If possible, advance and take forward position on the defensive line.
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

General Drakken....

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT !! [X(]

But hum, lets stay professional here. I accept your modifications... ;)

It is a drawing made in the spirit of the Socialist Realism, which we all know the Vozhd absolutely adores and approves of.

Why, don't you like my drawing? [:'(]
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

haha...well.... Its just that Iv seen your drawing on your AAR and I was jealous, and now you arrive with that...

but ist okay no biggie. [8|]
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Who is going to be the team Manager ?
telemescus

Each team must have
-1 Team Manager (who can also have one of the roles above and does not have to be the Supreme Commander): makes sure that the save file is with somebody to take their go, that there is no ambiguity whose go it is, and it is not left idle during their sides turn. When a player cannot take their go and there is no way to swap the sequence round for someone else to take their go, the team manager should arrange for someone to cover that players go for that turn. Their aim is for that team's turn to be finished as quickly as possible. They should also recruit replacments when a vacancy occurs. [My experience of the other team game is this is a substantial side job - even hardcore wargamers have real lives and getting multiple calendars coordinated is not easy. And getting a replacement for a vacancy entails more than posting once in the forums that there is a vacancy. Having someone responsible for this helps!]

Return to “After Action Reports”