New era of concern ... current events versus WWII

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

MasterChief81

New era of concern ... current events versus WWII

Post by MasterChief81 »

I have seen a couple posts from folks requesting a fresh perspective from Flashpoint Campaigns focusing on eras around WWII and Middle East. I have also paid close attention to the developers responses and agree with them completely. However, when they do decide to branch out to another era, I HIGHLY recommend current events....either Russian Invasion of Ukraine or North Korean invasion of South Korea. land combat at FC tactical level is almost non existent for this area and it seems that transitioning from cold war to now would allow for a significantly new perspective with out the number crunching nightmares associated with shifting FC's modern combat to that of WWII.
Mad Russian

RE: New era of concern ... current events versus WWII

Post by Mad Russian »

Current events as wargames are often less than desirable as a designer.

You have to be aware that you can get:

1. Very political, very quickly.

2. Have people that were there if it's a historical event, who may be still trying to deal with the events.

3. Have a much wider discrepancy in the abilities of weaponry than older equipment. That what is publicly available is without a doubt very suspect.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

I said this before: There is a huge market for a WEGO WWII operational level game. There is nothing out there that I know of. It would be a shame if someone beat this development team to it. I am surprised the market remains wide open. Even a product that covers a single battle on the eastern front or maybe N. Africa (i.e. tank heavy) would sell very nicely. WWII is #1 with most war gamers. I agree with the Mad Russian on current events 100%.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Do you know about Command Ops? Or are you looking for something different from that? A level lower?
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Yes, a platoon scale WWII WEGO. I thought Command Ops was real time allowing pauses. But now I have to take other look out of curiosity.

Thanks

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Command Ops is higher in scale and is pausable real time IIRC.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

@CMC81,

We do plan to branch out to a "modern" version down the road once we get the Cold War and WW2 game engines working and out. We want to fully support the Cold War Era and there is soooooo much more stuff to add in the era of the 50s to the 80s. WW2 will be no small feat either to cover all the material there. Modern is just one of several candidates for future expansion. There is probably a market for a game version covering "steampunk zombie vampires on Mars"(tm) [:D]. We are only limited by day jobs, families and life events in general, but we have some ideas and plans.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Enigma6584

Post by Enigma6584 »

I love your game. Will purchase everything you put out.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”